Why i will not be returning to path of exile ever again. (I assume this is feed back GGG wants?)

This is feedback, it is your feelings on the game that you are trying to convey to the devs, that isn't really a discussion so the thread deserves to be here, so pleas remove your tinfoil hats.

And basically the thread boils down to, [Removed by Support] I want to be showered in loot for my minimal effort.

[Removed by Support]
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 15, 2014, 6:38:39 AM
Instead if increasing drop rates, or reducing rng variance, why not simply remove global chat?
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
So basically you are salty that someone got a tabula drop and you didn't.

If you play this game a lot you will get luckier more often simply because are playing more. I have gotten a tabula drop also and I have also had exalted's drop... not to mention plenty of other expensive items. You just have to wait for your chance.
I bet that guy hasn't gotten lucky since. You know what I bet he is still building bank off selling rares for alts and finding chromes.

Meanwhile selling rares and finding chromes helps build up your bank... You have the one complaint I cannot agree with about this game.

Yes it is true selling in chat can get you super rich but that is true in every single other market in the entire word...
Last edited by heyyous on Jul 15, 2014, 5:04:16 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Agree with Shags. This just isn't the game for you, and there's nothing wrong with that. The reasons you like D3, are the exact reasons I don't. And that's fine.

Although I will say, luck exists in both games.

E: and why didn't you want this moved out of GD? It's clearly feedback.

because this is dead forum

today is 15th right?
i can see on the bottom of feedback post listing 2 posts from 13th

'in feedback no one can hear you scream'
This is where threads get seen by devs, not general discussion. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of you being upset at your thread being moved to feedback when you explicitly identified it as being feedback in the thread title. It clearly belongs here, because it is feedback.
For you to post a thread in GD which you clearly identify yourself as feedback, indicating it's in the wrong place, and then go on to say in your post that if it's moved to the correct location this will somehow "confirm your fears about their game" doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what upsets you about someone getting a Tabula Rasa. The driving point of these games is the hope to get a lucky drop, and I don't see how that's possible at all to have that if people can't actually get a lucky drop, which unless I'm mistaken, seems to be what happened that you're complaining about.

You suggest that you want changes so that "items will be less random better rare drops" - could you perhaps expand on what you mean by this? Particularly the "less random" part - I suspect you actually want less variance in the random results, rather than them not actually being random, but I don't want to make unwarranted assumptions.

You're not replying to OP atm
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Agree with Shags. This just isn't the game for you, and there's nothing wrong with that. The reasons you like D3, are the exact reasons I don't. And that's fine.

Although I will say, luck exists in both games.

E: and why didn't you want this moved out of GD? It's clearly feedback.

because this is dead forum

today is 15th right?
i can see on the bottom of feedback post listing 2 posts from 13th

'in feedback no one can hear you scream'
This is where threads get seen by devs, not general discussion. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of you being upset at your thread being moved to feedback when you explicitly identified it as being feedback in the thread title. It clearly belongs here, because it is feedback.
For you to post a thread in GD which you clearly identify yourself as feedback, indicating it's in the wrong place, and then go on to say in your post that if it's moved to the correct location this will somehow "confirm your fears about their game" doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what upsets you about someone getting a Tabula Rasa. The driving point of these games is the hope to get a lucky drop, and I don't see how that's possible at all to have that if people can't actually get a lucky drop, which unless I'm mistaken, seems to be what happened that you're complaining about.

You suggest that you want changes so that "items will be less random better rare drops" - could you perhaps expand on what you mean by this? Particularly the "less random" part - I suspect you actually want less variance in the random results, rather than them not actually being random, but I don't want to make unwarranted assumptions.

----

not better, i just don't want to see 100's of rare yellows per day and they are all so shit its unrealistic to do anything but play PATH OF TRADING 12 HOURS A DAY on /trade 1-10 to get the "end game" gear i need.

"I'm not entirely sure I understand what upsets you about someone getting a Tabula Rasa. The driving point of these games is the hope to get a lucky drop, and I don't see how that's possible at all to have that if people can't actually get a lucky drop, which unless I'm mistaken, seems to be what happened that you're complaining about"

you proved my point GGG cares so little they won't even read posts correctly. I'm not pissed certain people got OP uniques at level 4, i'm pissed people ruined a brand new leauge 2 days into it starting. people already have 20+ exalts by playing "path of trading" how is that fair? you don't want people playing maps "end game" content you'd rather have people play 12+ hours everyday of trade 1-10 spam ripping people off with currency exchange and item flipping.
The only game you need to win at is on the internet.
"
heyyous wrote:
So basically you are salty that someone got a tabula drop and you didn't.

If you play this game a lot you will get luckier more often simply because are playing more. I have gotten a tabula drop also and I have also had exalted's drop... not to mention plenty of other expensive items. You just have to wait for your chance.
I bet that guy hasn't gotten lucky since. You know what I bet he is still building bank off selling rares for alts and finding chromes.

Meanwhile selling rares and finding chromes helps build up your bank... You have the one complaint I cannot agree with about this game.

Yes it is true selling in chat can get you super rich but that is true in every single other market in the entire word...

re-read the thread.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
This is feedback, it is your feelings on the game that you are trying to convey to the devs, that isn't really a discussion so the thread deserves to be here, so pleas remove your tinfoil hats.

And basically the thread boils down to, [Removed by Support] i want to be showered in loot for my minimal effort.

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

2: you didn't even understand the thread, i used to play POE 18+ hours a day with only a few hours to sleep/eat/shower ect a night. I've played way more than you ever will.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 15, 2014, 8:28:33 AM
"
Mahesys wrote:
"

A classic example of this is diablo 3, they did a massive overhaul to their loot system and it brought a glorious amount of players back who stayed (myself included) and even now they care and listen about player feedback (see 2.1 details if you don't believe me)

You clearly didn't play Diablo3 from Vanilla.

That game was dead before RoS because of Blizzard listening to all user's whine. Every SINGLE patch increased drop rates and reduced difficulty. Users quitted en mass for this and the game was simply too easy and unrewarding. An extremely bland playing experience in my opinion (well gamers nowdays seems to like bland gaming experiences)

I'm sad to say this but PoE is not suited for you. You simply like braindead games like Diablo3 more and this is actually fine. I prefer 1000 times a user that quits because he donesn't like the game than the user that wants the game to be changed to suit his tastes.

And mate, luck exists in both games. In vanilla D3 if you dropped a stormshield or any vita/str/all res/socket helmet you where rich as hell. In PoE if you drop a soul taker you're rich as hell. Well even in Diablo2 if you dropped a Jah rune you were rich as hell. I'm not sure you really played Diablo3 since luck it's the main progression factor there too. Make a WD and drop a starmetal kukri if you don't believe me..

Lastly just to increase your anger: got this in a BLAMT race back in nemesis from hillock:

lol

Diablo 3 has never been dead the community just got smaller, i could say the same about POE which is much worse off than diablo 3 has ever been.

I was playing diablo 3 since the start, nice try though trying to belittle me on my own thread.
Last edited by EveningPrimroseAmber on Jul 15, 2014, 6:36:48 AM
perfect gear stays perfect gear for the game's lifetime. that's why it is so rare and difficult to find.
if game upgrades (act 4 f.e.) would devalue your items or there would be annual item wipes, drop rates could be much better.

i personally like to have my endgame items forever, thanks.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 15, 2014, 6:42:38 AM
OP wants boring 100% linear item progression like in RoS. I really hope GGG doesn't listen to him :) RNG is the salt in every ARPG soup. Without salt it tastes bland, just like RoS.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jul 15, 2014, 6:47:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info