Why i will not be returning to path of exile ever again. (I assume this is feed back GGG wants?)

And while that may be a fair point in itself, it has nothing to do with SFL (and increasing drops). Meaning, if trade were removed, but nothing else changed, wouldn't the end result be that playing the game is the only way to progress?
"
Before i get flamed this is not a troll or bait post i'd like to get GGG's attention.

-----

I'm a open beta supporter and i loved GGG's game until yesterday when i uninstalled the game.

When i heard a new special 1 month league was coming out i was excited about returning to the game, to my surprise old friends of mine were still playing and we teamed up, i thought since this wasn't standard i'd beable to climb ranks quickly boy i was so wrong.

some people got super lucky 1 example is a guy in global chat and got a tabula rasa drop before they even hit level 4...(was linked in global 1 and 2 by the same person i don't have a screen shot sorry)

With bullshit luck like this why should i even play this game? (Yes i'm salty about it)

But oh boy it gets worse! Not only after 15+ months of me not playing the game not once in any patch notes did i see "increased orb drop rate" or "items will be less random better rare drops"

A classic example of this is diablo 3, they did a massive overhaul to their loot system and it brought a glorious amount of players back who stayed (myself included) and even now they care and listen about player feedback (see 2.1 details if you don't believe me)

The point i'm trying to make here is this

If GGG cares so little about the broken game loot/orbs that its actually better to TRADE TO MAKE A PROFIT INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE GAME FOR WHAT IT IS WHY SHOULD I EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS GAME?

Until a permanent league or CUSTOM PERMANENT LEAGUES comes out where you can party with others but no trading is involved and you can't drop trade / orb rates, uniques, 6 link drops are increased then i'm done with your game forever, i used to think people crying out to GGG for a self-found league were nutters, to bad it's true because the game is so fucked up that to even get the best items you must trade in chat 12+ hours a day to even get those mirror worthy items / legacy uniques.

I don't expect a response from GGG bye.
I will return every now and again to report posts i feel are flaming me out right for no reason and maybe comment to serious players who are concerned like i am.

Edit: spelling error in 1st post.

Totally agree.

POE = poe.xyz.is

The problem is that the game is always falling garbage

There is no fun at all

Why I play the game ? It is always drop garbage !

New skills? I'm sorry, ball lightning is also rubbish.
Last edited by play2013 on Jul 23, 2014, 2:03:12 AM
This game is not for casuals period. I can accept that. You dont want it to be like Diablo 3 where you can craft a full GG kit in two weeks of play. OTOH yeah man. drops are fucking terrible. I played like 1000 hours dropped like 8 exalts. GL ever crafting even one GG piece let alone a full kit. Everyone knows by now you don't actually use currency to craft - you trade and flip to play. Needs improvement to appeal to more ppl.

What I find helps if after a certain point where you simply do not/can't improve your toon you just say fuck it and restart a new build. There are literally 1000s of builds so that can keep you busy.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 23, 2014, 6:38:39 AM
"
play2013 wrote:

The problem is that the game is always falling garbage

There is no fun at all

Why I play the game ? It is always drop garbage !

That's only your perception of it.
If "better itamz!!" were to be dropped constantly, soon you would be here whining that those are actually bad drops as well, because everyone would be getting better drops and hence no-one would be ahead of each other yet again. Only thing that would be affected is that the game would become shit-easy.

In Chris' words, because you don't apparently understand even the basic fundamental core concepts and psychological factors why PoE droprates and mechanics are what they are, you should just keep silent and let the professionals (GGG devs) do their work which they know how to do better than you. Fortunately, GGG and Chris understand that the "public" isn't right and they shouldn't get what they demand. Because as with your case, usually the public doesn't understand the issues behind.

This thread is trash (except for staff responses which have valid points), nobody cares about OP and my comment is irrelevant as well. Delete thread.
"
I would, because I'll know it's the same exact system at work, which made me drop utter trash from some rare monster that's deadly for my build, or from beating an insane boss while under-leveled and/or under-geared.

a system of virtual dice, that does not give a damn about player skill, dedication, determination or will to take risks, nor encourages any of it.

exactly the core of the problem:

U want better loot when u feel it was hard for u. But when u do the exact same thing with a stronger/more suitable build u earn less? How would u measure the "difficulty" to give the right "reward".

There isnt anything so fair like pure randomness. it favors the poor, cause simple mid-tier items are a great upgrade for them.

And one additional thing for all RNG-hater there: LEARN MATH!
and read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
"
symban wrote:

There is a reason people make lotteries instead of buying fuses with their lottery reward. Because they just hate the crafting system.

nonsense. People offering 20 ex for a 6L lottery, because they sell the item afterwards for 30 ex. Its so damn obvious a currency printing machine!

IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
"
Startkabels wrote:

Trading in PoE is far more efficient as crafting (read gambling). This is almost inevitable and trading will always be more efficient.

That is something many people dont understand. The prices emerges from the underlying probabilities of crafting/gambling

examples:
u need 100 fus to 5L and 200 jewe to 6S (on average)
lightning coil 6S/5L costs 2 ex when the fus rate was ex 1:75 fus
but
lightning coil 6S/5L costs 3 ex when the fus rate was ex 1:50 fus

same with 6L's.

Thats how markets work. If it is cheaper to craft/gamble (it really doesnt matter what word is used) a 5L many ppl will do that until the crafting is more expensive. Cause supply and demand will always balance the prices.

Most of the complaining just originates in the subjective perspective of the complainer.

P.S: @ "real" crafting: finding "materials" and get something for sure is nothing else than just finding the crafted item in more than one step.

P.P.S: And please explain me what "skill" in a crafting system might be... i cant even imagine anything like that

P.P.P.S: Just my 5 cents. If anyone feels offended in any way, i like to apologize.

P.P.P.P.S: Im done! no, really :D good night
Last edited by keeper190786 on Jul 23, 2014, 10:55:07 PM
"
keeper190786 wrote:

nonsense. People offering 20 ex for a 6L lottery, because they sell the item afterwards for 30 ex. Its so damn obvious a currency printing machine!

They may sell the item, or not, it doesn't matter.

They know the exact price of their (eventually) finished 6L item.

They offer a proportional reward, taking into account the risks and the average chances (which are known by the participants either).

They completely ignore the RNG on their side, risks are taken by the participants.

Making a lottery is same in it's nature, as not crafting an item, but buying it. You completely ignore the RNG factor and price is set firm.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info