Why i will not be returning to path of exile ever again. (I assume this is feed back GGG wants?)

"
Everything about this game, EXCEPT the desync, is perfect, drop rates, everything. It's just NOT a game for everybody. I hold this opinion with only 4 months (1300 hours) of play time, and broke.

Sorry this isn't a personal attack but you've barely been playing 6 months yet, i doubt you even own a end game item or a couple of exalts worth of gear.

your opinion just isn't valid here.
The only game you need to win at is on the internet.
"
and the most commonly "i don't have much experience in this area so i won't answer this!"

To be fair, most of them could say that about any aspect of the game, even the part they oversee. As I understand it, they're amateur developers working on their first game. The founders were pretty fresh out of college when they started building the game in a garage, and they hired freelancers to clean up their code (because apparently the couldn't write clean code themselves?). I think the balance guys previous gig was making board games. So yeah, that's not an invalid response. It's just truth.

That amateur impetus reverberates throughout the game, and likely always will. In some regards, it has a certain charm, but in others, it's just frustrating.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
I wonder why the design for regal and exalts (and eternal for that metter) were drop only. It takes so much away from systematic crafting.

I imagine if GGG made these craftable, giving players a reliable method to attain gear with at least 4 'controllable' stats without having to trade, that the gear aspect of the game would be more enjoyable for a larger portion of players.

I may have stumbled upon a thread talking about this issue, but I can't find it now, and I don't remember what the conclusion was.

I don't use Rejuvenation Totem. I use Spell Totem + Vitality +Reduced Mana. Like a boss.
Wait, so you say you have 250+ex in gear on standard, but then say you don't have any end game items. I'm confused. Care to elaborate?
"
Hodari wrote:
No, it doesn't mean that. They listen. They care. And sometimes the answer is still, "No." Just because they don't do whatever you want, doesn't mean they didn't listen. It could mean they listened but simply decided that you were wrong or what you were requesting was not in the best interests of the game.

You can't be "wrong" when it comes to opinions about the game. If someone thinks that items should rain from the sky and that it would make the game better, that is his opinion to have. He's not wrong for thinking it, and not wrong for hoping the game moves in that direction.

There is no "best interests", there is only "GGG's implemented interests". If someone is saying something should be fixed, it's because he doesn't feel that the game's current implementation are the best they can be (from the poster's POV).

GGG are not all-knowing. They created this forum for Feedback, and Feedback is what they receive. If they honestly don't intend on including player opinion into their design, they should nuke this forum from space and nobody will be confused.

---

It is impossible for GGG to care in the way that every poster cares about the game, because every poster cares about different (and often mutually exclusive) things. GGG can't "focus on economy" and "avoid focusing on economy" at the same time. Their only lever for this problem is to make new leagues that separate balance/design decisions. They don't have the resources for this (and don't want to split the playerbase), so they're compelled to make unilateral decisions.

It is possible but intractable for GGG to listen to every post made. When people say "GGG doesn't listen" it's usually after making the same request for ages and either never getting responses or getting the opposite of what they want implemented with no nod to the opposition opinion. Those actions give the impression that GGG doesn't count player opinion correctly.

These concerns would be utterly nullified if GGG responded to posts in this forum with a flat-out "No" or "Yes". People could still be upset that GGG doesn't want what they want for the game, but at least they'll know that their voice was accounted for (and dismissed). Yet again, they don't have the resources for that either. They can and should leverage the Dev Manifesto to explain exactly why they're for (and against) certain things, and people can refer to that.

---

As an example, GGG is adamantly against Bind-on-Account. They won't be convinced otherwise, and to make it clear, they could say so in a very public place like the Dev Manifesto (ideally with their reasons for why they're so adamant). They haven't done so, and so we continue to see "please BoA legacies" posted daily and never replied to. Those posters feel utterly ignored (and likely are, since GGG feels it's an area they don't need feedback on), and they feel like GGG doesn't care about their position (which they don't, for reasons left up to the imagination of the poster).
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Wait, so you say you have 250+ex in gear on standard, but then say you don't have any end game items. I'm confused. Care to elaborate?

That is on standard where everyone shows off their internet-ego...

It simply does not count in standard for the simple fact all leagues end up back in standard or hardcore.

I'm trying to suggest to GGG that we need perm custom leagues.

It took me over a year for that 250 ex and someone in the MUCH LESS time playing path of trading can earn x8+ or even more in that time, its pointless playing the game for what it is.
The only game you need to win at is on the internet.
Last edited by EveningPrimroseAmber on Jul 18, 2014, 8:15:30 PM
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

It simply does not count in standard for the simple fact all leagues end up back in standard or hardcore.

It took me over a year for that 250 ex and someone in the MUCH LESS time playing path of trading can earn x8+ or even more in that time, its pointless playing the game for what it is.

I play for fun....That being said, even though everything goes to standard, that still a fair amount of currency/value in the gear per league. Say 75ex per? That's more than enough to make an end game build. Or are you referring to BiS end game build?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

I play for fun....That being said, even though everything goes to standard, that still a fair amount of currency/value in the gear per league. Say 75ex per? That's more than enough to make an end game build. Or are you referring to BiS end game build?

Forums seem to be the game you prefer. It has been so long and your fight so dedicated that, at this point I would say your opinion is jaded.

You should not post in anymore feed back threads, since there only purpose is to discredit, or dismiss the current topic,if its negative.

no one can play as long as you and still have this constant dedication. You are either paid or something else is up
Last edited by IceM on Jul 19, 2014, 12:44:15 AM
"
IceM wrote:

Forums seem to be the game you prefer. It has been so long and your fight so dedicated that, at this point I would say your opinion is jaded.

You should not post in anymore feed back threads, since there only purpose is to discredit, or dismiss the current topic,if its negative.

no one can play as long as you and still have this constant dedication. You are either paid or something else is up

Stay on topic please.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It seems like GGG is more prone these days to making errors which transform what should be niche uniques into better-than-most-rares power-creep-causing disasters.
I was going to do a quick response (in the general case rather than Bino's specifically) about what I perceive to be a difference in supporter uniques to GGG ones, but I won't because a) it'll take too much of my time, b) I'm not the best person to talk about that topic and c) I'm aware I have a habit of coming of has harsher/meaner on the forums than I mean to be and I don't want to risk inadvertently offending anyone for the sake of pointing out an unimportant tidbit that might or might not be relevant, and is getting fairly off the main topic of the thread.

Most coherent reply to a question about OP pay2win Uniques I've heard from GGG to date.

hahahahahaha

I missed this gem of a post. +1, funny as shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info