Why i will not be returning to path of exile ever again. (I assume this is feed back GGG wants?)

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
OP wants boring 100% linear item progression like in RoS.

lol

the irony of this post is that PoE already has a 100% linear item progression system, especially if you are rich.

blame eternals, which shouldn't exist.

Wat?

the irony of this post is that PoE already has a 100% linear item progression system, especially if you are rich.

i'm repeating myself because it's an incredibly straightforward design feature of PoE. i don't know what part you aren't understanding.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 9:12:43 AM
@op

I can already tell you the end result of this thread, so in a nutshell:

1. people are going to tell you that this game isnt made for people like you
2. they tell you to play something else
3. if your lucky a another dev chimes in with some usual phrases and he will probably ask you to elaborate more informations.
4. you re going to realize that you wasted your time

But sadly the folks are right, this game isnt made for you nor for me, so play something else like i do and more impirtantly dont "waste" your time ingame (or at least stick to forums only).

GGG makes a lot of money with and through this game, and they're only start to listen once their income drops, but until then dont expect anything in this regard.

;)

- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Jul 15, 2014, 9:16:53 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
RNG is the salt in every ARPG soup. Without salt it tastes bland, just like RoS.

Nice signature.
"
Xavderion wrote:
OP wants boring 100% linear item progression like in RoS. I really hope GGG doesn't listen to him :) RNG is the salt in every ARPG soup. Without salt it tastes bland, just like RoS.

I agree with this Xav, but I also think PoE has too much of it, and too much salt can ruin a soup even more.

btw haven't played D3 ... yet ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Jul 15, 2014, 10:04:43 AM
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
OP wants boring 100% linear item progression like in RoS. I really hope GGG doesn't listen to him :) RNG is the salt in every ARPG soup. Without salt it tastes bland, just like RoS.

I agree with this Xav, but I also think PoE has too much of it, and too much salt can ruin a soup even more.

Thing is, with salt you add it to taste some people like it bland and flavorless like the OP others like it with a nice strong salty taste.

You are never going to get it right for 100% of the people and GGG have never tried, they have made no secret that they have made the game to suit their taste and hope you have similar tastes to them.

And if you don't like the flavor of this particular "brand" you have others that may suit your taste.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
And if you don't like the flavor of this particular "brand" you have others that may suit your taste.

Except GGG has proved willing to proved optional "flavors" for players. Like Permanent loot allocation. Or HC 1-month league after announcing SC only.

So it's reasonable for players to ask for optional "flavors", like alternate rules leagues.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
A classic example of this is diablo 3, they did a massive overhaul to their loot system and it brought a glorious amount of players back who stayed (myself included) and even now they care and listen about player feedback (see 2.1 details if you don't believe me)

What a lie. I cant imagine anyone but pure noobs enjoying a system where 100% of the items that you can find are useless as you on the one hand got them all already and on the other hand cant sell, trade or give them away. While trading leaves you options to get an item while being unlucky with rng, banned trading clearly does not and relies purely on noobish rng in all aspects.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 15, 2014, 12:18:57 PM
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Except GGG has proved willing to proved optional "flavors" for players. Like Permanent loot allocation. Or HC 1-month league after announcing SC only.

So it's reasonable for players to ask for optional "flavors", like alternate rules leagues.

No...not really, all they have done with the 1 month leagues is add a HC tag and segregate players ,it effects the game not at all

Permanent loot would have been down to a vote with the developers after reading the feed back, if the devs really liked the idea of ffa looting they wouldn't have changed it, obviously there were enough of the devs that felt as the players did that the idea for perma allocation was added.

And even then the whole custom league thing, which has always been something that's on the horizon won't be easier than the base game i'd seriously doubt there would be an increase in drops...everything the have said is really an adaption of the 4 month leagues rolled into a custom one for you...it's only going to ever make it more challenging...never going to be made a loot filled monster pinata league
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
To the OP: I don't get the saltiness over someone else's luck. I do get the dissatisfaction with there being no avenues of progression outside of RNG and an unwieldy trade system.
Last edited by Taganov on Jul 15, 2014, 1:23:00 PM
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
Instead of increasing drop rates, or reducing rng variance, why not simply remove global chat?

Not sure if serious or not, but I actually do believe that most angst in most RNG-oriented games is caused by seeing other people get lucky.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info