OK GGG, Let's try one more time to clarify STASH TAB PURCHACE IMPLEMENTATION please

"
sidtherat wrote:
this should have been done long ago (or just make these items in RO tabs unlinkable in chat/forum - so traders cannot freeload their stuff for free

1) Trading is the most important part of this game. Most players who achieve even moderate success make heavy use of trading. It's a central aspect of the current game.

2) As you already said, freeloading is intended to be possible. The game is f2p, not pay2play.

3) All your suggestion would do is make more people mule with additional accounts instead of using remove-only tabs, which would increase GGG's overhead (I'm 100% certain that accounts costs more for GGG to maintain than remove-only tabs).

4) As an additional side effect, players who didn't pay for additional stash space would be at a huge disadvantage in the trading arena, essentially increasing the amount of "pay2win" this game has.

Having dealt with the premium tab boondoggle, it's clearly a scam designed to encourage players to either pay for the same thing twice, or pay just for the convenience of keeping what they already have.

Don't defend it.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 3:27:01 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
this should have been done long ago (or just make these items in RO tabs unlinkable in chat/forum - so traders cannot freeload their stuff for free

1) Trading is the most important part of this game. Most players who achieve even moderate success make heavy use of trading. It's a central aspect of the current game.

2) As you already said, freeloading is intended to be possible. The game is f2p, not pay2play.

3) All your suggestion would do is make more people mule with additional accounts instead of using remove-only tabs, which would increase GGG's overhead (I'm 100% certain than accounts costs more for GGG to maintain than remove-only tabs).

4) As an additional side effect, players who didn't pay for additional stash space would be at a huge disadvantage in the trading arena, essentially increasing the amount of "pay2win" this game has.

Having dealt with the premium tab boondoggle, it's clearly a scam designed to encourage players to either pay for the same thing twice, or pay just for the convenience of keeping what they already have.

Don't defend it.

you are not in a position to tell me what im allowed to do - so mind your tone

and what youve just said confirms what i thought - traders are upset due to no free storage they can exploit to leverage their advantage in standard and use standard currency for cross-league trading. how much i do not care about their peril
Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 15, 2014, 3:27:23 PM
yeah.....

i don't want to pay for the same thing twice because i'm an evil exploiting trader.

that makes sense....

oh wait.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 3:32:34 PM
what part of 'excluding premium tab issue' was confusing?

i fully agree that if this change removes your paid tabs (if youve paid for 10 you should definitely have 10 available - no excuses) it is bs and should be fixed

but from what you say it seems that premium tabs issues is just a convenient reason to raise voice but the real problem is removing trading tool you - up to now - got for free

btw FTP game is not a 'charity'. it is a business model that is very successful and it has nothing to do with this discussion. while i despise several of late ggg game-design decisions i still can buy their points because i know what im paying for. but this is no longer 'support' money. this is business now - merchandise/price.
"
sidtherat wrote:
but from what you say it seems that premium tabs issues is just a convenient reason to raise voice but the real problem is removing trading tool you - up to now - got for free

You STILL get remove-only tabs for free. Nothing about that has changed. I'm not sure if you are confused, or what.

Remove-only tabs have not gone anywhere, nor has there been any statements about them leaving.

The only thing that has changed is that when you purchase something, you get less, and in some cases get nothing.

It's basically giving the big middle finger to the people who buy stash tabs (the people who support the game -- you know, people who are the opposite of freeloaders).

The people who don't buy stash tabs are quite obviously unaffected.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 3:51:15 PM
i have 41 tabs

people are losing RO tabs. in new leagues they get all the new tabs they bought

in standard they also get FULL functionality tabs. RO tabs can be used only for storage/trading but not for anything more

so there is nothing in the 'loss' category

group affected by this change is very small - standard traders with several trade tabs from previous leagues that still want to play/trade standard (so they new stash tabs as all previous are full of 'good' stuff) but they are not ready to clean up their stash as this limits their income (potential income)

so i say that all 9 affected players have a really serious issue

all others moved on and no longer care - mostly because traders (while ggg loves them so much) are not the majority of playerbase and for some this forced way of removing junk items from standard economy is more than welcome
"
sidtherat wrote:

buying the same thing twice isn't a loss?

sounds like a loss to me...and many others...which is why there are so many threads on this topic.

before: buying tabs bought additional stash space.

now: buying stash tabs "increases their functionality" but may or may not give you any more space.

how could that be anything other than a loss
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 4:01:14 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

buying the same thing twice isn't a loss?

sounds like a loss to me...and many others...which is why there are so many threads on this topic.

before: buying tabs bought additional stash space.

now: buying stash tabs "increases their functionality" but may or may not give you any more space.

how could that be anything other than a loss

That is a loss of functionality.

Obviously GGG need to step it up and say "you have 2 months to empty out your RO tabs or convert them to new tabs, otherwise they are removed".

Then after that 2-month grace period, stash tabs go back to the way they were ("buying tabs bought additional stash space").
I'm done with tab purchases until users get at least the option to choose which RO tab gets converted. This is a minimal (& fair) functionality that should be added.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 15, 2014, 5:57:55 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
i wont comment on that premium/non premium issue as i have no idea about it.

A premium tab was purchased during Ambush. It existed in Standard, as well. Upon completion of Ambush, it deleted my premium tab in Standard -- replacing it with a regular tab, and instead I have a "premium remove-only tab."

Sounds very...Premium.

But it's easy to see, if you had a lot of Premium tabs, and played multiple seasons, eventually you would no longer have premium tabs -- unless you bought more regular tabs to fill up with your items, to make space to clear out your "remove-only premium tabs"

What a scam. I can't believe people defend shit like this.

When a tab is purchased, it's purchased across all leagues. So the one you had in ambush, has another one in standard. When ambush ended, you will have one premium in standard + one RO premium tab.

If this is not the case, contact support.

That being said, should you purchase a regular tab, and the premium RO tab gets converted to a regular one, that's fine. Since you didn't pay for that one anyways. It was an extra tab from a previous league. Your "original" premium tab that you payed for is sill in your stash tabs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info