OK GGG, Let's try one more time to clarify STASH TAB PURCHACE IMPLEMENTATION please

if it is 'crap' - then delete it

people are easy to hoard stuff when it is free. but when it is not free it is very easy to see that the 'goods' are in fact 'crap'.

vendor it and move on
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
I think the best fix to this RO tab abuse would be:

After you log on to your account/character, it should tell you that you have Remove Only Tabs in that league, and you have one week from that time to remove your junk from them before they're deleted. It should even give you a nice little timer on the name of the tab to tell you how much time you have.

It's honestly a joke that some people think they're entitled to keep pages as permanent additional storage. That's what BUYING the additional pages are for.

You're straight-up irrational if you think you should be allowed to double-down on the space you have by buying more space, AND you should also keep the space you shouldn't even have to begin with.

Ok, so GGG keeps tab buying as is, I (and many) refuse to buy any more forever, and GGG loses revenue. They are certainly within their rights to do that. They can even go out of business if they choose to. It's their arpg, they can do whatever the hell they want to. So be it. I can choose to get off the PoE-merry-go-round and may do so after I see what is new (if anything interesting) with the August 1.2 patch. With this development path GGG is going down maybe the doom and gloom posters "Is PoE dead?" are visionaries.

You and like-minded people are the minority. People who aren't actively abusing the Remove Only tabs as free Stash Tabs you payed nothing for, aren't hindered by the change in the least. Only free loaders trying to double down free stash tabs with buying stash tabs, are hindered, which is a good thing. And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure GGG (Or any company for that matter) cares very little players being upset they can't abuse non-intended mechanics anymore that they're actively trying to get rid of.

If PoE fixing a broken system (Permanent RO Tabs) sends you and entitled people like you away, it would only serve to fix the game two-fold.
Last edited by RavenousCerberus on Jul 15, 2014, 1:11:08 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:

people are easy to hoard stuff when it is free. but when it is not free it is very easy to see that the 'goods' are in fact 'crap'.

vendor it and move on

"
Veruski wrote:
The problem is that buying stash tabs is not actually giving people more space after the change, and people are under the 100% faulty assumption that this is because people "hoard junk."

Important parts bolded for emphasis.

Eventually your tabs are filled with good items, as opposed to junk. I'm not really sure how people, especially long term players, are failing to understand this.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 1:50:05 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

vendor it and move on

"
Veruski wrote:
The problem is that buying stash tabs is not actually giving people more space after the change, and people are under the 100% faulty assumption that this is because people "hoard junk."

Important parts bolded for emphasis.

Eventually your tabs are filled with good items, as opposed to junk. I'm not really sure how people, especially long term players, are failing to understand this.

while it is possible to fill 4 stash tabs with GOOD items i absolutely fail to see how it is possible to fill 68 tabs with 'good' items. why? because people have 24 character slots to use these 'good' items! i have two bow characters (DoT and phys/crit) and the only other bow build thats left is ele build. do i really need to hoard all my 200dps bows? i do - because i can currently. but if im pressed for space? vendor time!

i created a rule for myself - when i find a 'good' item i browse my previous good items of the same category (there are not that many 'categories') and select what to vendor. if it is outstanding i check poe.xyz and see that my good items sell for 1c. in standard everything except very good stuff costs 1c because there is so many 'good' crap around.

people seem to think that boots with 56 life 1 medium resists and 20% ms are 'good'. these are possibly sellable (greed) but this doesnt make them 'good'. i vendor such items and move on. wont cry over 'lost income'

1h sword with 190dps? vendor. dagger with stats over the place (not a cocs dagger) - vendor. staff - pretty much auto vendor. etc etc. seeing what people want to sell and for what prices i understand that 'everything is good' for some..

gems? keep 10-15% quality ones, vendor the rest keeping one lvl1 and few of 'rare' gems.
"
sidtherat wrote:
people seem to think that boots with 56 life 1 medium resists and 20% ms are 'good'. these are possibly sellable (greed) but this doesnt make them 'good'. i vendor such items and move on. wont cry over 'lost income'

I read through this thread. You're the only person talking about keeping shitty items. It's a faulty straw man argument. Sorry.

You're basically implying that ANYBODY who runs out of stash space MUST be keeping too much junk. This is false.
if one has SO MUCH good stuff then it is clearly for sale - and it is freeloading

but it so happens that OP stated in one of (many) his previous threads that he keeps white 4linked items, items for 'the same name recipe' etc stuff in his tabs. 68 tabs to be precise. with only 10 being the ones he had paid for.

id like to see these 'good' items that fill 20+ stash tabs that are for 'future characters' (and yet havent been used for 2 years now) etc. because this is - in my opinion - just an excuse

this entire crusade against this change makes very little sense - noone is loosing what he has had paid for. so what is the problem? no more free junk storage?
"
sidtherat wrote:
if one has SO MUCH good stuff then it is clearly for sale - and it is freeloading

My premium tab was transformed into a remove-only tab in Standard when Ambush ended.

Please explain how that is "freeloading."

That means the longer I played, the more tabs I would have to buy in order to keep what I already own (premium tabs).

It really makes you wonder what would happen if I bought another premium tab. Would it transform the remove-only premium tab back into a normal premium tab? Essentially, making me purchase the same thing twice?

One has to wonder. It's a very sketchy business practice.

I also don't appreciate the implication that anybody who runs out of space is either "freeloading" or "hoarding junk"

Those are not the only two possibilities. I'd also like to point out that this is a free2play game, so freeloading is supposed to be possible by design.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 2:54:07 PM
freeloading is possible by design - mule characters.

when people denied that stash tabs are p2w they have used the same argument - just mule it. but in my opinion tabs ARE providing significant advantage

i wont comment on that premium/non premium issue as i have no idea about it. but im pretty sure that you new premium stash tabs are still there but filled with items from previous leagues (that you now have to clean up). or have you lost something? by losing i do not mean 'my premium RO tab from previous league is gone' - this is not losing in my book. youve paid for lets say 10 premium tabs. do you have 10 premium tabs or less?
"
sidtherat wrote:
i wont comment on that premium/non premium issue as i have no idea about it.

A premium tab was purchased during Ambush. It existed in Standard, as well. Upon completion of Ambush, it deleted my premium tab in Standard -- replacing it with a regular tab, and instead I have a "premium remove-only tab."

Sounds very...Premium.

But it's easy to see, if you had a lot of Premium tabs, and played multiple seasons, eventually you would no longer have premium tabs -- unless you bought more regular tabs to fill up with your items, to make space to clear out your "remove-only premium tabs"

What a scam. I can't believe people defend shit like this.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 3:07:11 PM
i do not defend it. i have 0 premium tabs and zero experience with them - if this looks like you say it looks then yes, this should be fixed and quick

but removing premium tabs from the equation (and i think most people do not have them) - i stand by my first opinion: this should have been done long ago (or just make these items in RO tabs unlinkable in chat/forum - so traders cannot freeload their stuff for free - problem solved. but 'teh outcry!'..)

also i saw the quote from Chris and while OP interpretation is one of the many possible it might also be read as 'we dont care about people that use RO tabs for a long term storage'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info