OK GGG, Let's try one more time to clarify STASH TAB PURCHACE IMPLEMENTATION please

"
pneuma wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Either way their "solution" is in direct conflict with my ability to keep the items from my 3 four month leagues as RO long term storage.

GGG created this mess and as such will have to figure a way to code themselves out of it...

Your "ability" to keep those tabs as long-term storage is from GGG's largess. It was kind of them to give you free long-term storage tabs, but compared to the tabs that you must pay for, seems almost overly generous.

The "mess that they've created" stems from your own decision to expect their gift as something other than a gift. You believe that it is obliged to you, and now GGG is considering taking it away (or, at the very least, they're making other changes they need to make and have no consideration to what happens to their gifts).

It is true that they are not concerned about it, but that's a far cry from actively protecting it.

That's the root problem that I was trying to actually discuss.
- Should GGG be expected to give long-term storage tabs to players that have played a long time?
- If they should not be, then how do they go about slowly fading those tabs out of existence if their existence causes other problems later?

Currently GGG has vendor recipes such as the full set of rare 60+ level gear for a chaos or 75+ level gear for a regal orb. To do these recipes (the same name recipe also comes to mind) we are needing to save many tabs of rares. So if we do that in a 4 month league and it ends, what then? If all the time taken to save rares to be able to do this recipe when we get or make a rare amulet (the hardest rare to get) is not allowed to be saved in our permanent leagues as remove-only long term storage then what the hell is the point of having a recipe that takes time to be able to fulfill the requirements. That's completely back-assword and it feels like GGG just pulled the rug out from under us. Why? What kind of race tab problem existed that could only be solved by doing this?

I still don't agree that GGG is "being generous" or that I'm getting stash tabs for free so why am I upset here replies. I put in my time (435 hours for my Ambush builds) to amass a good deal of orbs and gear and to have it migrate over to our permanent league stash is the only correct and logical thing for GGG to do. Otherwise, what the hell are we playing PoE at all for? (I know, many that quit will always wonder why we continue.) That's great and working as intended/expected. A loud and resounding YES!!! that GGG should be expected to give us long term storage capability. After all it is GGG that made PoE and wants us to think in terms of years instead of a few months for playing PoE and get to high level builds. That is also working as intended. So if one of the goals to PoE longevity is high grind and thus years to get to level 100 (for the 99%) then GGG nor any one else should think that we must throw away our items every 4 months and start over at zero. Thus the temporary league items must be allowed to be kept as remove-only tabs for the long term in the permanent leagues.

If the fact that every 5 months or so we end a 4 month league and that quantity of tabs is added to our permanent leagues stash and it is causing other problems then GGG should be chastised for not having looked into the future far enough. GGG has designed PoE for multi-year playing so what did they think was going to happen after 3, 4, 5, etc. four month leagues are over? GGG couldn't be that short-sighted could they?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 13, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
You should only be saving the ammies. If you keep all the other required parts of the recipe, you're wasting stash space.
"
Arrowneous wrote:

I still don't agree that GGG is "being generous" or that I'm getting stash tabs for free so why am I upset here replies. I put in my time (435 hours for my Ambush builds) to amass a good deal of orbs and gear and to have it migrate over to our permanent league stash is the only correct and logical thing for GGG to do. Otherwise, what the hell are we playing PoE at all for? (I know, many that quit will always wonder why we continue.) That's great and working as intended/expected. A loud and resounding YES!!! that GGG should be expected to give us long term storage capability. After all it is GGG that made PoE and wants us to think in terms of years instead of a few months for playing PoE and get to high level builds. That is also working as intended. So if one of the goals to PoE longevity is high grind and thus years to get to level 100 (for the 99%) then GGG nor any one else should think that we must throw away our items every 4 months and start over at zero. Thus the temporary league items must be allowed to be kept as remove-only tabs for the long term in the permanent leagues.

1) temporary tabs arent meant to be permanent trade tabs and crap collection holders
2) i always thought that one play games for fun, but i see that there are other, more monetary reasons
3) ggg GAVE us permanent stash tabs. you are using 10 tabs of such storage (And being big tight - also 20 tabs from previous leagues)
4) what you claim you have in these tabs wont help you/anyone making more high level builds. you keep crap items and expect anyone to care? all spellcaster gear for all elements fills less than half a tab. most items for all builds are generics.

just get over it. you seem very very tight - and look around. people moved on.
"
sidtherat wrote:

1) temporary tabs aren't meant to be permanent trade tabs and crap collection holders
2) i always thought that one play games for fun, but i see that there are other, more monetary reasons
3) ggg GAVE us permanent stash tabs. you are using 10 tabs of such storage (And being big tight - also 20 tabs from previous leagues)
4) what you claim you have in these tabs wont help you/anyone making more high level builds. you keep crap items and expect anyone to care? all spellcaster gear for all elements fills less than half a tab. most items for all builds are generics.

just get over it. you seem very very tight - and look around. people moved on.

1. Why are remove-only tabs being viewed as temporary when you can keep them as long as you want?
2. Oh, so that's why daily players is way down, PoE is not "fun to play"
    So who's fault is that if not the developers?
3. So I know 68 remove-only tabs is too many. Hence the whole reason I want to buy new EMPTY ones
    so I can consolidate down to a more reasonable/manageable quantity.
4. Quit focusing on whether or not the items I keep from a 4 month league are deemed as crappy.
    That is way too subjective and completely misses the whole point behind these posts.

Point 3 is what's the most important here. I have 68 RO tabs, I know I need to downsize. Some RO tabs from different 4 month leagues that have same class of gear and are less than 50% full can easily be consolidated into 1 normal use tab. Some RO tabs are 95%+ full (skill gems and support gems, 3 RO tabs for R-G-B across 3 leagues - some consolidation). So buying additional empty tabs is the only way to downsize and eliminate a bunch of RO tabs. Here's where everyone saying "RO are temp only" or "you get RO for free so what's to complain about" is choosing to ignore the facts. First, I already acknowledge I have too many RO tabs and need to consolidate down. Second, to consolidate down means I'll need a few more empty tabs to use for moving the RO items over to. Third, any new tabs need to be empty to be able to consolidate my stuff. Ok, so I buy 6 tabs on the bundle sale and I have 6 additional empty tabs and I can consolidate and easily cut my quantity of RO tabs in half or better.

Oh, wait... now when I buy a stash tab bundle I get 6 of my RO tabs converted to normal use tabs. If I get lucky and one of the former RO tabs that is converted just happens to be a tab that is less than half full and I'm consolidating several into 1 tan then fantastic. If the randomly chosen (it's very important to understand that we don't get to choose which RO tabs are converted, GGG will RNG pick them) RO tab happens to be, let's say 100% full of maps, and I definitely do not want to vendor them off, then that RO tab that is now a normal use tab is completely unusable for consolidation/downsizing. I just paid for a premium tab that I can't use for it's desired purpose. I can play maps (use them) and create some space for additional maps I find as I play but the immediate need for more empty tabs is lost and I feel I've just been cheated by GGG. Since I don't get to pick which 6 RO tabs to convert to normal tabs I could easily wind up with 6 full or nearly full RO tabs that are now normal use but not empty so I just paid 165 points (6 premium stash tab bundle on sale) and don't have 6 new empty tabs that are needed to complete my consolidation process.

I still can't fathom why the original way that worked very well (you buy tabs and you get additional new tabs) was changed by GGG (really, there was no other way to fix a race league related stash tab problem?). Even more baffling is everyone who posts in support of the change when it is clearly causing major problems for many like me that want additional free tab space to re-organize and eliminate my too many RO tabs.

I can't be alone in my view that the change from ADDED to CONVERTED was a really bad decision by GGG. I'll just have to muddle along with my 30 normal tabs for now and can't buy any more until GGG either goes back to ADDED tabs or codes a way to allow me to pick which 6 of the RO tabs I want to CONVERT to normal tabs.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
Arrowneous wrote:

I can't be alone in my view that the change from ADDED to CONVERTED was a really bad decision by GGG. I'll just have to muddle along with my 30 normal tabs for now and can't buy any more until GGG either goes back to ADDED tabs or codes a way to allow me to pick which 6 of the RO tabs I want to CONVERT to normal tabs.

judging by people reaction - you are pretty much alone. and instead of throwing tantrums just get rid of that garbage you hoard

create new character. use new inventory space of said character and vendor your items. i do that from time to time and one needs just some time (<5min) to vendor few tabs worth of crap (and gain chaos/chance orbs). easiest way is to set a 'class' - like gloves with life/aspd/resists and pile up all of them and keep only the best, vendoring the rest (selling is not 'fun' in my book). also selling in standard requires something really stellar as ALL people are TONS of 'good' items still waiting for an idiot to buy them. repeat with other stuff: wands/daggers/ES shields etc. with POE itemization it is actually pretty simple to find crap items immediately.

consolidating tabs without empty character inventory is PITA anyway
Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 14, 2014, 9:37:34 AM
I think the best fix to this RO tab abuse would be:

After you log on to your account/character, it should tell you that you have Remove Only Tabs in that league, and you have one week from that time to remove your junk from them before they're deleted. It should even give you a nice little timer on the name of the tab to tell you how much time you have.

It's honestly a joke that some people think they're entitled to keep pages as permanent additional storage. That's what BUYING the additional pages are for.

You're straight-up irrational if you think you should be allowed to double-down on the space you have by buying more space, AND you should also keep the space you shouldn't even have to begin with.
Last edited by RavenousCerberus on Jul 14, 2014, 10:24:30 AM
"
I think the best fix to this RO tab abuse would be:

After you log on to your account/character, it should tell you that you have Remove Only Tabs in that league, and you have one week from that time to remove your junk from them before they're deleted. It should even give you a nice little timer on the name of the tab to tell you how much time you have.

It's honestly a joke that some people think they're entitled to keep pages as permanent additional storage. That's what BUYING the additional pages are for.

You're straight-up irrational if you think you should be allowed to double-down on the space you have by buying more space, AND you should also keep the space you shouldn't even have to begin with.

Ok, so GGG keeps tab buying as is, I (and many) refuse to buy any more forever, and GGG loses revenue. They are certainly within their rights to do that. They can even go out of business if they choose to. It's their arpg, they can do whatever the hell they want to. So be it. I can choose to get off the PoE-merry-go-round and may do so after I see what is new (if anything interesting) with the August 1.2 patch. With this development path GGG is going down maybe the doom and gloom posters "Is PoE dead?" are visionaries.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 15, 2014, 9:23:19 AM
Since GGG is being very silent on this problem like many others that should have been fixed already but haven't been, then the solution is for GGG to add code and allow me to choose what tab is converted. None of this RNG choosing, here's the remove-only tab we randomly chose crap.

It's a crying shame to see GGG make changes to PoE that alienate so many. You'd think that GGG is trying hard to make PoE "not fun to play".

"
pneuma wrote:
Given that GGG is selling stash tabs as a MTX, if you use stash tabs as long term storage, you are effectively getting free MTX points for playing for a long time (across several 4mo/race leagues). (Personal: I'm not inherently against this.)

Obviously they shouldn't be heavy-handed and directly smash tabs together (and delete any parts of the square peg that doesn't fit into the round hole), but should they be expected to support long-term storage tabs forever? Is there a middle ground (remove-only tabs have a TimeToLive (say, 2 months) after which they are deleted)?

Good post.

The important thing to realize here is that the longer you play, the more items you get.

Inevitably, even if you vendor all the junk, and are vigilant about not hoarding crap, you will accumulate items that are valuable and worth keeping.

Once you run out of stash space, the game is not playable. You have two options:

1) Buy stash tabs
2) Mule to another account

The problem is that buying stash tabs is not actually giving people more space after the change, and people are under the 100% faulty assumption that this is because people "hoard junk."

It's actually discouraging people from buying stash tabs, which should be the opposite of GGG's goal.
Hi

I got a premium stash tab with my brazil pack was so excited that I was going to fill it with stuff, league ends, now my premium stash is full of shit gems that I DID NOT PLACE THERE.

GGG why can't y'all simply add a right click option to erase remove only tab? or give option to turn off auto stash tab fill feature?

This auto-fill your empty tab is BULLSHIT. Most of my remove only tabs are filled with gems because I took the time to empty most of them and I get rewarded with this SHEEIT! This half ass idea needs to be fixed immediately because I don't see the point in buying stash tabs only to have them auto filled=DUMB or the fact that my first ever cool premium tab is filled with crap that I DIDN'T PLACE THERE.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info