Spectal Throw is not in line with melee

"
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

A skill you aren't planning on using makes you feel bad about skills you want to use.

Your problem is you. Stop worrying about most efficient and play for fun.

Except playing as melee is not fun if you don't like ST if you're constantly thinking why you are struggling when ST solves all your issues.

Spectral Throw isn't melee. You've chosen to play melee. Therefore by assuming Spectral Throw solves your problems is basically saying, you'd rather be playing ranged.
I know, I know, Spectral Throw was made to augment melee but as far as I am concerned, it isn't melee. Therefore, stop considering it and pretend it doesn't exist. If you really cannot enjoy yourself with this skill existing, you must have a very unfulfilling life, always thinking of what you don't have.

Honestly clive youre missing the point.

It isnt self torturing bullshit the reason for which people complain about ST, its because it indirectly fucks other melee skills, it was designed as a sloppy and lazy ass way to "fix" melee and now everyone ahs to deal with it and buff/nerf weapons/builds/mods etc around ST if they dont remove it, because its the strongest skill, melee didnt get any buff it just got a new skill to make it ranged, thats why people complain about ST, its a "fix" to melee that makes melee worse because of how overpowered it is. Shit will get nerfed because of ST and melee will get fucked over even harder.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jun 9, 2014, 6:43:51 AM
Spectral throw is not melee skill at all.
It should be compared to similiar skills (various bow skills/ethereal knives), not to melee skills.

And I can apply same logic as people in this thread do to ST itself "I can't play spectral throw because detonate dead/summoner/RF/whatever is so much stronger".
"
Stas88 wrote:
Spectral throw is not melee skill at all.
It should be compared to similiar skills (various bow skills/ethereal knives), not to melee skills.

It is a skill for a melee weapon, that's why we don't compare it to EK and bow skills.

You equip your melee stuff, and then you decide:
a) melee skill like reave, doublestrike, ...
b) Spectral Throw

...and b) is more efficient in 99% of cases. That's annoying.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
You are right maybe, but 99% are way extreme.

Probably spectral throw need some special conditions like 5-6 link to be effective, or I used wrong supports.
But when I leveled one of my characters with it from 1 to 45 or so, it was not great experience.
Leveling duelist with dual strike felt much better and faster.

Also I am playing melee dagger shadow only because puncture oneshots various bosses even with poor equipment I can afford. Can ST do something like this?
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
"
Startkabels wrote:

Except playing as melee is not fun if you don't like ST if you're constantly thinking why you are struggling when ST solves all your issues.

Spectral Throw isn't melee. You've chosen to play melee. Therefore by assuming Spectral Throw solves your problems is basically saying, you'd rather be playing ranged.
I know, I know, Spectral Throw was made to augment melee but as far as I am concerned, it isn't melee. Therefore, stop considering it and pretend it doesn't exist. If you really cannot enjoy yourself with this skill existing, you must have a very unfulfilling life, always thinking of what you don't have.

Honestly clive youre missing the point.

It isnt self torturing bullshit the reason for which people complain about ST, its because it indirectly fucks other melee skills, it was designed as a sloppy and lazy ass way to "fix" melee and now everyone ahs to deal with it and buff/nerf weapons/builds/mods etc around ST if they dont remove it, because its the strongest skill, melee didnt get any buff it just got a new skill to make it ranged, thats why people complain about ST, its a "fix" to melee that makes melee worse because of how overpowered it is. Shit will get nerfed because of ST and melee will get fucked over even harder.

Clive is not missing the point at all. He is (and I am) saying the point is stupid.

Play what you want to play, why worry about what other stuff does? I've played plenty of melee, usually dual-wield because I'm a sucker for that in any game. But I've also done things like claw-and-board reave builds, and my current melee char is cyclone (I have stormcaller, cycloner, cold trapper right now).

I play those things because I decided I wanted to try them out and have some fun. At no point did I worry about whether lightning traps would be more efficient, or does ST work better than Cyclone, or is Flameblast better than Storm Call.

To test out and enjoy something IS the point. If you cannot enjoy option A because you know/feel that option B is more efficient, then your problem is you. As Clive said, in the end something will ALWAYS be the most efficient, and if that's your criteria than you find that and stick to it.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Jun 9, 2014, 9:31:20 AM
"
Archwizard wrote:

Clive is not missing the point at all. He is (and I am) saying the point is stupid.

Play what you want to play, why worry about what other stuff does? I've played plenty of melee, usually dual-wield because I'm a sucker for that in any game. But I've also done things like claw-and-board reave builds, and my current melee char is cyclone (I have stormcaller, cycloner, cold trapper right now).

I play those things because I decided I wanted to try them out and have some fun. At no point did I worry about whether lightning traps would be more efficient, or does ST work better than Cyclone, or is Flameblast better than Storm Call.

To test out and enjoy something IS the point. If you cannot enjoy option A because you know/feel that option B is more efficient, then your problem is you. As Clive said, in the end something will ALWAYS be the most efficient, and if that's your criteria than you find that and stick to it.

I didnt say everything else is shit because spectral throw is good and it overshadows other skills( i have no idea if you even read my post or just assumed that i was saying that) and im not going to use it because i simply do not like it, i prefer cyclone/groundslam on my melee chars. I am doing what you think im not doing. I am enjoying cyclone and i dont care about "what if i used ST".

My point and the other people around here have the same point, is that spectral throw inadvertently fucked over melee because it is a ranged skill used with melee weapons, we are pissed off not because ST is better than X skill, we are pissed off because instead of actually fixing melee builds they chose to add a skill that makes melee into ranged.

It is a lazy fix and a skill that shouldnt be in a game where the balance between melee and ranged is completely off.

That is the problem, and i hope you actually read this instead of thinking im saying "ST is better than everything else nerf it"
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jun 9, 2014, 10:10:19 AM
ST is not adding range to melee.
It is separate niche ability (stupid one though, if you want it to be removed, I want it too).
Melee damage passives/items dont work with it, you can't call it truly melee.
"
Stas88 wrote:
ST is not adding range to melee.
It is separate niche ability (stupid one though, if you want it to be removed, I want it too).
Melee damage passives/items dont work with it, you can't call it truly melee.

Its adding range to melee, there are only a couple of passives that offer "melee phys damage" which dont afffect ST(born to fight, marauder start, weapon artistry, duelist start) so that doesnt affect anything.

Note that "IPD with melee weapon" does increase ST damage, and those are the main IPD passives.
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jun 9, 2014, 10:28:38 AM
St...is not melee...wake up its a ranged weapon attack wtf is wrong with people xD, that said St is way too strong for a ranged attack. but its not melee, so if you want to make a melee build go ahead imo its boring tho, i was hopiing with "Cast on" and that way too op Crown of Eye's i could make a super powerfull 50:50 battlemage, CoC kinda does this but CoC is so boring having to max crit arg i wish cast on melee kill was just "xx% chance to prock", because in other games...i just make the most viable/fun battlemage.. ( A warrior who is powered and deals magic damage lets say ) but melee skills are just so boring, most scale like shit with ELE due to meleesplash and multistrike NOT scalling what so ever ele, so that rightthere fucks me up evrytime losing tons of dps because lvl 1:20 on 2 of my possible gems does NADA, just removes my dps and closes the door, anyways im so bored with trying to make a FUN melee apart from using the known flat phys melee chars.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Let me get this straight:

It's pretty fucking obvious ST is a ranged skill, except that this ranged skill is in almost all cases the best skill for any melee build

@all you ignorant people: get it now? See the problem? Damn those fanboys.

Don't tell me I shouldn't use it if I don't like it because I don't.

The problem is that it's dis-balancing the game.

Take this example: GGG releases a skill that clears an entire area with 1 mouse click.

I complain that it's unbalanced.

Fanboys tell me not to use it if I don't like it and not to complain.

Excuse me for the language but do you people even know what the concept of a damn forum is?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Jun 9, 2014, 6:56:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info