Spectal Throw is not in line with melee

I've been playing spectral throw last couple of weeks, quite high gear level, and tbh i've never had more fun. That is how a top geared character is supposed to feel.

That said, one area to target is bloodrage, that gem is just ridiculously OP.

EDIT: also, ppl all raging about spectral don't really know good wanders, methinks. Wanders are better, they will clear faster than spectral throwers, only on map end bosses is spectral better.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 11, 2014, 3:01:11 PM
"
"
LSN wrote:
"

spectral throw is a bit op because of the range of the projectiles, but ANY build low life with shavronne is OP compared to the rest.

Exactly this.

ST is just the tool to spread the imbalance all over the screen, which multiplies the imbalances. Low-life needs fix. Everything else is not even half as good as the same with low-life. Snapshotting is not the reason for this but further multiplies it.

yes but a spectral throw needs 500+exalted of gear... up to 1500 exalted of gear..

tell me which builds requires so many currency to get it? on average, a melee char with top items cost half than spectral throw with top items

low life doesnt need a fix, low life can be used only investing tons of currency.
i dont understand why everyone with a 50 exalted char wants to be strong as much as someone with 1000 exalted of gear... the day this will happen 50% of people would quit within a few weeks

Posts like this reveal alot about the intelligence of the writer.

Who compares 50 exa life build with 1500 exa low-life st build?

Why dont you compare all slots mirrored life build with 200 ex ST build (shavs + coe + rnd 20-30 ex dagger with 2 aps) in your example and then find out that the 200 ex low-life build is still way stronger?

In anyway you seem not to understand that the prices of items (which is relevant when comparing builds by how many ex are needed) like shavs are directly connected to the demand and the level of overpoweredness therefore (the more op an item of a build setting is, the higher the demand and the higher the price will rise).

When taking this into account of course you can say that a 100% mirrored item life/melee build is worth 50 exa (because noone wants these as it is up) and any ST/low-life build is worth 1500 exa.

Try using your brain please.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 11, 2014, 4:55:05 PM
I don't think we have to talk about all kinds of specific examples here.

I don't play a lot and have been spending most of my in game time to get to the end game with decent gear. This is because I don't like to spend a lot of time trading and mostly try to progress by killing monsters or crafting.

So I usually play with mediocre gear, definitely no end game gear or anything. And the build I am playing is always a very straight forward melee leveling build, for example: Life and armour based with RT, US and IR.

So I don't need all kinds of synergies, specific gear or passive builds to backup my point. Almost any melee build I've been playing drastically improved efficiency wise from switching to ST.
I never realized the hate for ST was so big.

I was a melee player. I got tired of getting cratered by everything.

Along came ST.

You mean... I can THROW my big dumb 2h'er from RANGE? SWEET! SIGN ME UP!

And then? What do I see? a bunch of people running LMP ST.... And then a Single Target Melee Skill.

What... The.... Shit.

I run two copies of ST.

Don't be silly. Go ranged. Don't look at it as a melee skill. It's not. It's a ranged skill. And it's actually damn fun to play.
"

yes but a spectral throw needs 500+exalted of gear... up to 1500 exalted of gear..

I just want to take a minute and say that the 500+ Exalted in Gear line is a load of crap. It's not true. It's not even remotely true. not even in Standard, where prices are through the roof, approaching over the moon in ridiculousness.

Level 83, 2h'd Mace ST Scion Gear. Currently clearing level 72 Maps, Solo.
Spoiler

Not even close to 500 ex in gear. I think I'd have a problem getting 15 Ex for my gear.

EDIT:
I just checked. These are the most expensive "Legit" Sale Prices on the indexer. I guess My gear is worth more than I thought.... But.... still. 500 Ex it is not. All but the Mace however, are self found. I spent 4 Ex on the mace in Domination, and 5S / 5L'd / and 3 Off Color'd it myself.

Chest: 4 Ex
Belt: 1 Chaos
Comaparable Mace: 6 Ex
Helmet: 20 Chaos
Gloves: 1 Ex (REALLY!? I didn't think they were that good...)
Boots: 2 Ex (Ok, now I realize Standard has lost it's ever loving mind)
Amulet: 2 Ex
Right Ring: 5 Ex
Left Ring: 3 Ex

So, in the inflated prices of Standard, you are looking at:

23 Ex + 21 Chaos, and you can rock gear like mine, and be Clear things.
Last edited by shoju on Jul 21, 2014, 3:19:53 PM
"
shoju wrote:

Don't be silly. Go ranged. Don't look at it as a melee skill. It's not. It's a ranged skill. And it's actually damn fun to play.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Jul 21, 2014, 7:08:35 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
shoju wrote:

[Removed by Support]

I think people who use "[Removed by Support]" as a derogative term have no credibility.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Jul 21, 2014, 7:08:51 PM
I think that people who are offended by everything, especially when they're feeling offended for others, are virtually masturbating online on their own political correctness.

There is nothing derogative about the word gay in this context and I bet gays are using the word themselves in a much worser context.

So please go exhibit your political correctness on Facebook...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 21, 2014, 4:06:48 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:
I think that people who are offended by everything, especially when they're feeling offended for others, are virtually masturbating online on their own political correctness.

There is nothing derogative about the word gay in this context and I bet gays are using the word themselves in a much worser context.

So please go exhibit your political correctness on Facebook...

I bet you didn't know that I have a child who is homosexual, and no. Homosexual people don't use it like that. (Except for crass counter culture people who are trying to be overly crass.) Are you the kind of person who drops "N bombs" and then says "Well, black people use it, so...."

Everything is derogative about it, and we as a community of people online, who play video games, and are generally (but not wholly) outside of the "normal" cliques should do more to make sure that this type of speech is eradicated from our speech.

All it does is alienate.

What if I used a term that happened to apply to you as a way to say that something was stupid, or inferior, or not fun, or wrong?

Would it bother you? Probably not. I'm just one person.
What if millions of people the internet over did the same thing? At some point, enough people using it, would bother you.

And worser?

Come on now.
Last edited by shoju on Jul 21, 2014, 5:40:39 PM
We can have this discussion somewhere else as far as im concerned.

So what I meant was that ranged is not my style ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info