Spectal Throw is not in line with melee

I want to play as a melee, but when I'm planning my build the final conclusion is always that the build I'm planning is inefficient.

The reason is Spectal Throw which just offers too much advantage for any melee build. It's the simple fact that it makes your physical melee attack a physical ranged attack that still scales with weapon damage.

The path GGG took with Melee Splash and Multi Strike was a good direction, Spectal Throw is a wrong turn really.

It shouldn't be designed like this and always be more efficient for melee builds. ST is a very nice skill but it's a ranged skill and I don't want to be ranged.

Last edited by Startkabels on Jun 15, 2014, 8:27:24 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
All they'll really do is nerf specteral throw if it's as OP as you seem to think it is.(i never found it to be)
They most likely won't buff melee further.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Up to you to play "efficiently" or "fun". I'm glad we're given choice. If all choices were to be made equal, there wouldn't be a point in choosing. If you don't want to play ST... don't. It's not against the rules to play a 2h cleave build.
Multiplayer games with economies and trading don't work like that dude, balance is key.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jun 8, 2014, 11:42:54 AM
The player is partly responsible for their experience.

It is your own perspective and decisions that limit your experience.
Noblesse oblige
Spectral Throw is honestly in my opinion the worst idea they ever came up with. It shouldnt be seriously nerfed, it should be removed.

Basically everyone complains that melee is shit, its too hard to play, not enough dmg or defenses etc etc

So someone at GGG thought a good solution to fix is melee is.... to make it ranged, top job there mate.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jun 8, 2014, 2:08:17 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
Spectral Throw is honestly in my opinion the worst idea they ever came up with. It shouldnt be seriously nerfed, it should be removed.

Basically everyone complains that melee is shit, its too hard to play, not enough dmg or defenses etc etc

So someone at GGG thought a good solution to fix is melee is.... to make it ranged, top job there mate.

Totally agree.

I won't play ST at all under any circumstances. I tried it for a level, then boycotted it. When I want to play ranged, I make an archer or caster as it should be.
Fun fact: Double strike does 70%of the base damage and hits 2 times while Spectral Throw does 65% base damage and hits multiple times (more than two) AND at the safety of range.

Balance.
Fuck Spectral Throw.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I don't think the mistake was in making the skill, I think the mistake was in making it spammable. No, I'm not saying it needs to be on the Vaal level of unspammable... something more moderate, like giving it a 4 second cooldown which can be bypassed by spending a Frenzy charge. In exchange for the cooldown it could perhaps get a little more damage or range or something. Yes, there would still be builds spamming it anyway, with stuff like Oro's Sacrifice or Terminus Est, but those would be significantly more specialized; for your average melee, it would be something they could use occasionally to kite Brutus or Kole, but it wouldn't be the bulk of their play.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 8, 2014, 8:00:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info