Spectal Throw is not in line with melee

it's not my style either. I played as a tank in WoW for a good many years before signing off, only ever having a smattering of ranged alts that never really went anywhere.

But I have to admit, seeing GIANT SPECTRAL HAMMERS OF DOOM flying around the screen is incredibly satisfying.
ST trivializes, minimizes, bastardizes ALL ranged attacks. That is the problem with it. It is easier to get absurd damages with ST than say ALL ranged skills.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
ST trivializes, minimizes, bastardizes ALL ranged attacks. That is the problem with it. It is easier to get absurd damages with ST than say ALL ranged skills.

Absolutely not the case. I have a level 66 Frenzy Bow Ranger that pumps out FAR more DPS than my 2h'd Mace St'er.

the real problem that most people have, (and to some extent I have), is that melee damage is pretty easy to figure out. The math is pretty easy.

Spectral Throw maths out like melee.

Once you move over to ranged, and doubly so once you move over to spells, the DPS is harder to figure out. Tooltip, while never a "great" source of knowledge for damage, means less and less the further you move away from melee.

Spectral Throw, gets around most of that. It just works. THat doesn't mean that the skill is terrible, or that the people who play it are awful people. It means that their is a flaw in the system. It shouldn't be so difficult to figure out if you are doing good dps with spells, and some types of ranged attacks.

It's a lack of information given to the user, which creates a problem.
No, you're completely turning the problem around.

The problem is the design of ST.

It's a problem for all builds as both melee as ranged can now get a ranged melee attacks without any drawback.

That's wrong and not the case with any other ranged skills because they're correctly designed to be used with specific ranged weapons.
"
Startkabels wrote:
No, you're completely turning the problem around.

The problem is the design of ST.

It's a problem for all builds as both melee as ranged can now get a ranged melee attacks without any drawback.

That's wrong and not the case with any other ranged skills because they're correctly designed to be used with specific ranged weapons.

No. We just disagree. It's not a Ranged Melee Attack. Molten Strike, Lightning Strike, those are "Ranged melee" in nature.

This is a ranged attack that uses a melee weapon.

I'm still trying to figure out the revulsion towards the skill. Is it because someone put together a build that needs a stupidly cheap weapon with 1 very specific affix on it to succeed? Is it because it scales well with elemental damage (and is really the only skill in the game that scales well with raw ele damage found on weapons)?

I'm truly baffled by the sheer hatred for one of the most unique skills in the game.
Last edited by shoju on Jul 22, 2014, 2:46:09 PM
"
This is a ranged attack that uses a melee weapon.

Cool story but in practice it scales with % physical damage with melee weapons and specific weapons + attack speed and crit.

So a ranged skill perfect for a build that's totally melee orientated.

Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 3:02:59 PM
Guess everybody agrees now, that's great!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info