Spectal Throw is not in line with melee

But low life is actually the hardest (expensive!) to achieve build. Why wouldnt you want the most difficult to achieve build being the most powerful as well? For me it makes sense. If you you want to balance low life to be equal with life builds nobody would bother going lowlife anymore. And that would be just sad.

"
edit: i was doing 77k dps cyclone dps with IIQ gem and lvl 14 0%quality increased accuracy gem.. with all 20/20gems as on my spectral throw and lvl 93 char i could do 90k dps, that's 13k more than spectral throw

Yeah the only problem is that with cyclone you are in melee range and with spectral throw you will clear the entire screen on a matter of seconds, positioning on the edge and spamming the skill, rendering the melee useless or having to rush to kill something. That is the inbalance.

I keep on thinking that the thing that makes it really OP as an skill ( not talking about low life here ) is tha safeness and at high levels or low life the incredibly absurd range, because it works with Faster Projectiles. It should not work with that support.

Then the other side of the OP-ness is that it works with daggers, that weapon class is also incredibly unbalanced because of the huge CRIT and Speed compared to other weapons, further boosted by the OP passives on crit. Daggers also renders the sword and axe market for melee almost useless nowadays.

I don´t think low life has anything to do with this, low life is cool and should work like it works now. Expensive and hard to achieve.
Last edited by chromafunk on Jul 10, 2014, 8:13:11 AM
"
LSN wrote:
"

spectral throw is a bit op because of the range of the projectiles, but ANY build low life with shavronne is OP compared to the rest.

Exactly this.

ST is just the tool to spread the imbalance all over the screen, which multiplies the imbalances. Low-life needs fix. Everything else is not even half as good as the same with low-life. Snapshotting is not the reason for this but further multiplies it.

yes but a spectral throw needs 500+exalted of gear... up to 1500 exalted of gear..

tell me which builds requires so many currency to get it? on average, a melee char with top items cost half than spectral throw with top items

low life doesnt need a fix, low life can be used only investing tons of currency.
i dont understand why everyone with a 50 exalted char wants to be strong as much as someone with 1000 exalted of gear... the day this will happen 50% of people would quit within a few weeks
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jul 10, 2014, 8:22:12 AM
Wander, Mjölner, Spectral. There are starting to be many god-tier end builds. It's a good thing there are some very powerful builds for those with the currency to acquire it, so not everyone are nubzors. That said, spectral and to some degree also molten strike seems to be the way GGG has chosen to fix "Melee", it makes melee work, in the deyncing environment.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"

yes but a spectral throw needs 500+exalted of gear... up to 1500 exalted of gear..

Anyone can use Spectral Throw, lol. You can start using it from the very beginning of the game, when you loot your first zombie (as a Scion). It will push you through whole game, and in the end (fully developed) makes the most powerful build ever.

You dont need godly gear to feel the benefits of ST.

Low-life ST (with shavronne, Acuity and CoE) is just a pinnacle of ST development, that's all.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 10, 2014, 12:06:34 PM
Like I said, I can take any of my melee builds and swap it's main skill for ST (making my melee char a ranger) to get a big effectiveness boost
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 10, 2014, 1:17:53 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"

Anyone can use Spectral Throw, lol. You can start using it from the very beginning of the game, when you loot your first zombie (as a Scion). It will push you through whole game, and in the end (fully developed) makes the most powerful build ever.

You dont need godly gear to feel the benefits of ST.

Low-life ST (with shavronne, Acuity and CoE) is just a pinnacle of ST development, that's all.

i dont think so, with my mirrored ambusher 555pdps i do about 40k DPS with hatred and haste including +120-130spell dmg with crown of eyes and blood rage low life

with a mirrored ambusher, not low life and not crown of eyes my dps would be probably about 30k, a new user using a normal dagger and a shield would reach about 12-15k dps.. where is the OP here?
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jul 11, 2014, 2:48:32 AM
"
Do_odle wrote:
Agreed, spectral throw is O.P.
Don't bother being melee is the conclusion that everyone has
Actually, Don't bother being anything other than spectral throw is the meta

Spectral Throw replaces every melee gem with a dmg effectiveness of 130% counting 1 return hit only, this only 20% less than Heavy Strike and 50% less than Dual Strike, it's up to par and/or beats everything else + you can hit off screen with it...

Spectral Throw makes wands completely obsolete when it's used in conjunction with the power dagger nodes.

Spectral Throw makes ele bows obsolete when combined with a high attack speed foil.

Spectral Throw makes phys bows obsolete, because it can be used with powerful 2-hand weapons that actually have 2-hand mods unlike bows, and also because of daggers being so strong.

Spell Casters are just "innately obsolete" in terms of meta, thank you Righteous Fire Nerf, thank you Crown of Eyes, thank you GGG for the glorious destruction of Spells, This spell echo bull doesn't make up for squat btw just so you know! Aside from DD, Arc and Flameblast are the strongest scaling spells, and even with perfect gear they both fall super short of the meta in regards to spectral throw, everything else like cold-crit or crit-fireball are even more negligible in the meta pantheon, however they're easier to train with? Last time I checked Geofri's had more dps than any fucking spell I've ever had at lvl 28... oh but that's okay because status ailments, ^ _^ tried crit sceptre glacial hammer or crit dagger lightning strike yet? Well the meta is in favor of them as well in regards to status ailments, which is bullshit and off-topic at any rate, so...

Anyways...

Spectral Throw is the meta.
It literally replaces everything, not just Melee.

Well written!

but this
"
Do_odle wrote:

Spectral Throw is the meta.
It literally replaces everything, not just Melee.

Pretty much sums it up.
"

i dont think so, with my mirrored ambusher 555pdps i do about 40k DPS with hatred and haste including +120-130spell dmg with crown of eyes and blood rage low life

with a mirrored ambusher, not low life and not crown of eyes my dps would be probably about 30k, a new user using a normal dagger and a shield would reach about 12-15k dps.. where is the OP here?

DPS =/= clear speed

If you need from me to explain this further, let me know.
Daggers should not be able to get 2+ attack speed,cause the high crit with the rediculously overtuned auras makes it rediculously op,even with a mediocre dagger.All you need is 2+ speed + high crit chance.So high attack speed,should be a feature unique to swords.Other than that,daggers passive are great and interesting.Addder's touch is the best weapon passive on the tree.Claw passives with the leech are also great.It's how weapon passives should be.The problem is other weapon passives sucking,and being boring,the only have % of increased damage and that is lame.A huge overhal of weapon spesific passives is needed.Something like a notable on axes that causes bleeding on hit,or swords gaining onslaught on kill.Things like that
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info