Spectal Throw is not in line with melee

First I totally disqualify ST as being melee and I do not play ES based.

And I have tried all of those skills and the build variety for llife and armor based melee sucks.

Yes 20K armor because building that requires you to invest almost everything into defense.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 5, 2014, 8:33:43 PM
It has been mentioned in this thread before, but i really think beeing able to use the melee movement skills Whirling Blades and, to a lesser extent, Leap Slam as a ranged character is huge.
Lightning Warp rly doesnt feel that good at all.

The prevalent ST builds (1h-sword/dagger) can both use WB and that is what sets it apart from classic range weapons (bow, wand) for me while beeing ranged obviously sets it apart from melee.

So its neither in line with melee nor with ranged attacks.
A powerful niche indeed.
"
Tripletactic wrote:
It has been mentioned in this thread before, but i really think beeing able to use the melee movement skills Whirling Blades and, to a lesser extent, Leap Slam as a ranged character is huge.
Lightning Warp rly doesnt feel that good at all.

LW is actually more efficient than Leap Slam / Whirling blade when supported correctly.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
what if spectral throw were 2h only?
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Agreed, spectral throw is O.P.
Don't bother being melee is the conclusion that everyone has
Actually, Don't bother being anything other than spectral throw is the meta

Spectral Throw replaces every melee gem with a dmg effectiveness of 130% counting 1 return hit only, this only 20% less than Heavy Strike and 50% less than Dual Strike, it's up to par and/or beats everything else + you can hit off screen with it...

Spectral Throw makes wands completely obsolete when it's used in conjunction with the power dagger nodes.

Spectral Throw makes ele bows obsolete when combined with a high attack speed foil.

Spectral Throw makes phys bows obsolete, because it can be used with powerful 2-hand weapons that actually have 2-hand mods unlike bows, and also because of daggers being so strong.

Spell Casters are just "innately obsolete" in terms of meta, thank you Righteous Fire Nerf, thank you Crown of Eyes, thank you GGG for the glorious destruction of Spells, This spell echo bull doesn't make up for squat btw just so you know! Aside from DD, Arc and Flameblast are the strongest scaling spells, and even with perfect gear they both fall super short of the meta in regards to spectral throw, everything else like cold-crit or crit-fireball are even more negligible in the meta pantheon, however they're easier to train with? Last time I checked Geofri's had more dps than any fucking spell I've ever had at lvl 28... oh but that's okay because status ailments, ^ _^ tried crit sceptre glacial hammer or crit dagger lightning strike yet? Well the meta is in favor of them as well in regards to status ailments, which is bullshit and off-topic at any rate, so...

Anyways...

Spectral Throw is the meta.
It literally replaces everything, not just Melee.
People who don't see the problem with that are..
- not familiar with what a fact is.
- blissfully unaware of the end-game/meta-game
- pacifists who claim that their real life gets in the way of their opinions and typically suggest that you only play what makes you happiest not strongest OpieOP.
- currently using spectral throw and loving the hell out of it because they mirrored a loath bane. WoooooOooOooo loath baaaanne, *censored obscenities*!!!
Last edited by Do_odle on Jul 9, 2014, 10:45:05 AM
+1 Balance Spectral Throw
I think if spectral throw is not in line in melee, so is lightning strike! but then again spectral throw has recurring damage and has higher proc chance

my suggestion on "fixing" spectral throw would be that only ONE spectral weapon can be thrown at any 1 time. attack speed will improve the time it returns to the player, duration controls how long it keeps flying. the weapon is also throw HORIZONTALLY so it has more AOE and has infinite chain.

additionally, additional throws can be made by throwing your offhand weapon/shield (Capt america cosplay eh?)

this will make spectral throw feel more of a heavy hitting, hit and run gamestyle rather than the current "weapon tentacle spam of critical cast spells"

other suggestions:

Make ST like EK, throw actual boomerangs/chakrams. these make sense to return back to the player and base damage of off gem level.

a different approach is to make spectral throw to "not return". you're flinging weapons away right?

perhaps make a new skill outright (for the players who play ST by throwing it behind them and leaping into the fray forward), make a "spectral lance" skill where 3 lances are summoned around the caster's location, after 2 seconds they will fire themselves towards the player's current location and keep going past the player (it doesnt "return" to the player)

for those who like the "keeps spinning effect" maybe create a different gem where a spectral weapon is thrown at the mouse's location and will remain spinning there for a few seconds. and have a cooldown of 2 seconds (bypass by endurance charge).
[Removed by Support]
I tried ST once in act 1 normal, and have since banned it from the game. ST doesn't exist in my PoE.
i was a bit bored of my spectral throw LVL 93 phys/ele 77k dps 8,8k es no unwavering stance.

i tried cyclone low life with the same items of spectral throw, and at lvl 83 i had 77k cyclone dps ( with IIQ GEM ) and 4,8kes+atziri acuity and i could KILL EVERYTHING ALONE in a map 73 full party at LVL 83 and cyclone does NOT need unwavering stance

after the snapshot fix i will lose about 10%DPS and 10-15%ES and will have 15%mana left on my spectral throw

after the snapshot fix with my cyclone char at lvl 93 i could do at least 10-15%more dps than spectral throw with 5k es, and if i want to put weapon elemental dmg, my cyclone dps could jump to 125k DPS without the need of mana cause of a crappy 280dps soul taker.

spectral throw is a bit op because of the range of the projectiles, but ANY build low life with shavronne is OP compared to the rest.

if you use mirrored weapons+auras lvl 21 with empower and all the increased aura effect nodes, it's obvious that any build using these is OP, not only spectral throw

edit: i was doing 77k dps cyclone dps with IIQ gem and lvl 14 0%quality increased accuracy gem.. with all 20/20gems as on my spectral throw and lvl 93 char i could do 90k dps, that's 13k more than spectral throw
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jul 10, 2014, 2:53:21 AM
"

spectral throw is a bit op because of the range of the projectiles, but ANY build low life with shavronne is OP compared to the rest.

Exactly this.

ST is just the tool to spread the imbalance all over the screen, which multiplies the imbalances. Low-life needs fix. Everything else is not even half as good as the same with low-life. Snapshotting is not the reason for this but further multiplies it.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 10, 2014, 6:45:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info