Spectal Throw is not in line with melee

I'm fine with any change because I'm not planning to use ST as my main skills.

As long as the result is that ST usually would be a weaker skill for melee builds as its a ranged skill.

I ask myself: Why are bows fine for example? Because for bows you typically spec into bow and projectile damage and thus when building melee, using a bow with a corresponding skill is usually a lot weaker
Why is this not the case for ST? Because ST scales with most of the sames stuff that scales with melee.

Example suggestion: ST only works with throwing weapons and thus remove ST completely and introduce it later in combination with throwing weapons.
This would at least mean ST wouldn't scale with one, two handed or any weapon specific (except throwing) nodes anymore but instead it would scale with increased throwing weapon damage, physical damage and projectile damage only.

That is inline with bows and wands and with melee
Last edited by Startkabels on Jun 15, 2014, 9:45:50 AM
"
Boem wrote:
"
You see, PoE mechanics dont allow players to stack "too much" defence. No matter, how deeply you invest into defence, hp, block, etc, you still can be killed, or even oneshotted.

This is false, i have a character that cannot be killed except by dominus palace map touch of god with 4300hp.

(even atziri does nothing to that character)

sorry for off-topic.

Oh, yeah, forgot a broken "permanent IC + 100% allres" combo.... But that is another story. As for HP, block, evasion and armour - you can never stack enough.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Poutsos wrote:
I partly disagree with the title,cause spetral throw is not in line not only with melee,but with ranged as well.ST is as much an insult to melee as is to ranged,especially bows.Ando no,ST should not even be equal in power with other melee abilities.If you want strong ranged attacks USE A BOW.

Now moving to the other discussion,about crits and daggers being superior to other weapons and non crit builds FOR MELEEE,facts CLEARLY prove you wrong.Until recently there was NONE crit dagger/claw melee level 100 in ANY league,while there are dozens of axe/swords max block builds.You cannot build an effective tank that uses crits,i have tried it with a mirrored dagger.I do agree that ambushers speed is too high,and should be scaled down to 1.4 attcks per sec,but then again,the problem mainly lies to the fact that low life+onner force+blood rage+enhance gives you 100% inreased attack speed,which is clearly broken.It's like having alost 2 extra increased attack speed gems on you.

It is working as intented,if you wanna go crit,spend shitloads of damage and do the highest DPS,you go with a crit weapon,like daggers or claws.If you want a non crit build,that balances defenses with offense,or is a straight out tank,you go RT with an axe or a sword,and THAT is the most effective way to level to 100 as a melee(i have both a tank and a crit character levels 95 and 96 respectively,so i have tried both).A dedicated crit character,has his damage as his main source of DEFENSE as well,nerfing that down will destroy him.Not to mention that with the current situation,a crit dagger build without atziri;s acuity SUCKS.Claws are better off,but still face problems.

So yeah,while i agree that ambusher's attack speed will be halved,the actual statistics on ladders prove you wrong that crit dagger/claws MELEE characters,can make stronger builds than other weapons.
Here is a thread that i made awhile ago,using actual numbers to prove the broken synergy of lowlife crit ranged,which unfortunately did not get much attentio https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/921344

And Tinko,you of all people saying that crit melee is superior to non crit,i find it weird,cause i have seen your videos,and they were some of the most insane things i ve seen in this game,especially considering that you were not using aegis aurora,if i remember correctly.

Yes, i meant that too. MELEE crit can be considered balanced due to lack of defence. But when we add superior damage to safety, provided by ST, what do we receive? Right, imbalance.

And i completely agree, bows and wands, as implicitly-ranged weapons, obviously should outperform "ranged attacks" with melee weapons. ATM, ST is in line with bow skills, but allows to use shield as well (while bow doesnt).
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 15, 2014, 11:38:33 AM
I just explained why ST is nog online with bows
so much QQ
flicker strike also has the same power as spectral throw

spectral throw it's very good because you need 700-800+exalted gear to make reach a very high dps and a normal melee you can spend half to get the top gear with good result

items worth more=better character

and spectral throw low life uses so many aspects of the game to get high dps

i don't really understand why people think it's OP

if you nerf spectral throw NO ONE will ever use it, except people who can offord 1000+exalted gear

or every spectral throw would just switch to a wander char
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jun 15, 2014, 4:48:05 PM
And that's how a post from someone who didn't read other posts in the thread looks like.
lol 19 sites thread about that melee is crap but GGG makes them worser every patch ( i got 2 melee marauders 80+ and they get really worser every patch)
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
so much QQ
flicker strike also has the same power as spectral throw

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I want to reply seriously, but...really? REALLY?
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 final draft is *really* close to done)
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 15, 2014, 7:05:49 PM
And Flicker Strike can hardly be considered true melee ability, because in fact, it allows you to attack from range, too (similar to ranged skills).

There is no knowledge
That is not power
here is some melee footage xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IQu8Enw6qY
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info