[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

"
HudaZ wrote:
Im a shadow with mostly the same build :

Life: 6.3k

Defense: 8k+ / 44% damage reduction

Spell/Attack Block: 75%

Cyclone DPS= 18.5k / You can pick dual strike or cleave but LL on ring is required

Auras: Hatred-Grace-Herald of Ash (or you can just only use Hatred and Grace with Cyclone Dps of 15k with 6.6k life and 6Link WOE is not needed -for this set up it is a personal choice)

Life gen/sec: 300hp

some info:
---I dont use Blood Rage
---I prefer Iron Reflex build to avoid getting 1 shot
---A lil bit more expensive cuz you need 6L Wings of Entropy if you choose to have 3 Auras

Gears with gem set-up:

Passive Skill Tree: ( if you decide not to use Herald of Ash then dont grab the mana reserve node and pick the hp node instead )

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAnEDhwSzCVgMXw-rFE0UUhUgFr8Y2xmKGjgbrRynHcoi4iP2JpUn7SjbKaUqTSzpMok0kzWSNe864TrtPC0_J0d-R-JKfUrITZJN404qUUxTNVOlVUtW-lfiWfNbr1ywYeJjcGVNZ6BqjGwWbbRuaW6qcHJyqXzZfVt9dYFBhNmHGYd2jDaNfZAKkFWZK5u1ogCi2aOKpDmmV6eEqWisR6yqsNi18rZBtz69gb6nwBrBi8M6xPbGrsgUykrQgdN-0_zYvdun3Q3f7-w47g7veu_j9W_22vsJ_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

Great job getting so much health on your items.
"
HudaZ wrote:
Im a shadow with mostly the same build :

Cyclone DPS= 18.5k / You can pick dual strike or cleave but LL on ring is required

Is Cyclone tooltip still missleading regarding the real DPS you can do with this skill ?

In the past most of the people said that the real DPS of Cyclone was 2x the value displayed on the tooltip so in your case ~37k DPS

Changed colours in BoR for Cyclone and with my gear the tooltip for Cyclone shows 22.4k DPS in BoR for Cyclone->Conc Effect->Added Fire->Blood Magic

I am curious to know if this Cyclone tooltip DPS is still missleading since my Cleave combo DPS (based on mana though) for single target is 47.5k DPS and with AoE is 28.6k DPS

Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 23, 2014, 7:18:57 AM
Cyclone tooltip DPS is actually accurate but totally misleading in terms of actual clear speed.
My 20k cyclone clears faster than my 45k cleave. This is due to the weird mechanics of cyclone as a skill.
BTW 20k cyclone kills big single targets faster than cleave 45k.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Cyclone tooltip DPS is actually accurate but totally misleading in terms of actual clear speed.
My 20k cyclone clears faster than my 45k cleave. This is due to the weird mechanics of cyclone as a skill.

Will make some tests tonight , i will remove mana nodes (2 of them at Duelist start area) i took for using Cleave with mana together with those 4 aura nodes (Sovereignity) needed to be able to use Hatred + PoF + PoL + remaining mana for Cleave and invest them in axes damage nodes + Amplify ( templar area) + aspd/movement speed nodes (ranger area) to see the boosted DPS of Cyclone using Blood Magic and how it works with Blood Rage (No life leech gem in Cyclone combo)

If the survivability is the same as Cleave on mana and also the clearing speed is better than Cleave on mana i will remain on Cyclone else i will go back to Cleave
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:

Will make some tests tonight , i will remove mana nodes (2 of them at Duelist start area) i took for using Cleave with mana together with those 4 aura nodes (Sovereignity) needed to be able to use Hatred + PoF + PoL + remaining mana for Cleave and invest them in axes damage nodes + Amplify ( templar area) + aspd/movement speed nodes (ranger area) to see the boosted DPS of Cyclone using Blood Magic and how it works with Blood Rage (No life leech gem in Cyclone combo)

If the survivability is the same as Cleave on mana and also the clearing speed is better than Cleave on mana i will remain on Cyclone else i will go back to Cleave

Ok tested it with Cyclone , 25.5k DPS by rearanging some points as i said in my previous post , seems better speed in clearing , clearly faster single target DPS (tested it on Shrine Piety) but Cyclone is bad skill when it comes about desync and obstacles and bad PC.

Using Cyclone on Shrine lv 77 map with Vulnerability + Desecrated Ground + 3x projectiles + other mods together with not using Life Leech gem in Cyclone combo in BoR , is kinda scary at some momments if you face desync and/or block in some obstacles

So my conclusion : Keeping in mind i didnt used LL gem with Cyclone (only Blood Rage LL with no degeneration), Cleave used with mana is better than Cyclone used with Blood Magic in dangerous high level maps , Cyclone may be better in easier maps cause of faster cleaning speed but overall Cleave is a better option in my opinion since almost no desync and no scary life usage and always safer is better even in Standard :)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 23, 2014, 12:57:34 PM
"
chaosphysik wrote:
Hey Folks.

I must say, i love this build. DPS might be a bit low compared to Elemental Buzz saw or Incinerator build, but it is the most tanky build I have ever played so far. I got several questions and was wondering if you could help me out here:

a.) Auras
Currently running Hatred with Herald of Ash & Ice due to max Resi on gear. If i need more defense, i can switch herald´s for Grace. Any other suggestions?

b.) Resolute Technique
I was wondering if I should drop it to gain the 5th Endurance charge. (Was a respec from my very first char and i took the wrong decission on the bandit quest, therefore I need the endurance charge from passive tree).

Currently Tree is looking like:
Acutal Skill Tree

But i was wondering if i should change it into:
Skill Tree without Resolute Technique

Skill Tree with 5 End. Charges and cataclym without Resolute technique

And before you ask, I barley use the following Skills:
a.) Leap Slam (dropped for Heavy Strike with Item Rarity & Item Quantiy & Culling)
b.) Blood rage (located in 5L WoE), thinking about replacing it with faster casting to support Im. Call and Warlords Mark

My Gear
Spoiler

Currently I am 4.3k life with around 23k dps (AOE) and around 2.5k Evade.

c.) Increase DPS
I wanted to take some DPS-Nodes and was wondering which one i should get:
Either Beserking (4 passive points, 18 % Attack speed) vs cataclym (40 % more Elemental Dmg) or wrecking ball (41 % phys. DMG + 12 % Attack speed)

Looking forward to your comments.

Update:
Without RT I got a hitchance of 75 % which makes a pure 6k DPS so i turned it on again and went for the wrecking ball (give away a few chaos / life nodes and other life nodes), which boosted my DPS 27.5k (Dual Strike + Multi + splash + add fire)

Any comments on RT or Aura-Setup?
Just reached level 93 , did 1 Atziri run , got first non flask drop in like 10 kills and after that did a level 78 Palace run got highest number of maps i ever dropped in a 78 map : 9 maps

Atziri belt drop

lv78 Palace run : 9 lv 74+ maps drop :)

Love this build more and more :)
HEllo, wante to say ty for all help in this thread(testing cyclone etc....), but now i need some help myself.

I just capped my resists(ice at 65) without any auras and now thought why not use a second 60% like grace or determination(haste isn't a big dps boost for me).

1.Problem is should i take the soverginity cluster or do i have enough mana left with lvl19/20 reduce mana to use 2x60% and 1x 25% aura to atack with doublestrike or cleave.

If i dont run HoA i loose aroun 2k dps so i hope to get 3 auras running.

2. Is it enough to get IR with Grace running for atziri and other high lvl maps? Or should i invest the next points(lvl 78-85 or so) to get acrobatics.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAnEDhwSzCVgMXxRNFFIVIBcvGNsaOButHKcdyiP2J-0o2ypNLOkxnjKJNJM1kjXvOuE67TwtPydHfkp9SshNkk4qU6VW-lfiWfNbr1ywXsBjcGTnZU1l8GaeZ6BttG5pbqpwcnKpdU582X11gUGE2Yd2iFqQCpBVmSugQqIAo4qmV6aNp4SpaKyqtfK2Qbc-vYG-p8AawYvEFcT2xq7TftP82L3bp90N3-_sOO4O73rv4_JF-tL8xf4K_ro=

My Gear
Spoiler

Hope you can help me
Best regards Asrael

Last edited by AsraelDeathangel on Sep 24, 2014, 12:58:32 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Just reached level 93 , did 1 Atziri run , got first non flask drop in like 10 kills and after that did a level 78 Palace run got highest number of maps i ever dropped in a 78 map : 9 maps

Atziri belt drop

lv78 Palace run : 9 lv 74+ maps drop :)

Love this build more and more :)

Congrats
"
HEllo, wante to say ty for all help in this thread(testing cyclone etc....), but now i need some help myself.

I just capped my resists(ice at 65) without any auras and now thought why not use a second 60% like grace or determination(haste isn't a big dps boost for me).

1.Problem is should i take the soverginity cluster or do i have enough mana left with lvl19/20 reduce mana to use 2x60% and 1x 25% aura to atack with doublestrike or cleave.

If i dont run HoA i loose aroun 2k dps so i hope to get 3 auras running.

2. Is it enough to get IR with Grace running for atziri and other high lvl maps? Or should i invest the next points(lvl 78-85 or so) to get acrobatics.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAnEDhwSzCVgMXxRNFFIVIBcvGNsaOButHKcdyiP2J-0o2ypNLOkxnjKJNJM1kjXvOuE67TwtPydHfkp9SshNkk4qU6VW-lfiWfNbr1ywXsBjcGTnZU1l8GaeZ6BttG5pbqpwcnKpdU582X11gUGE2Yd2iFqQCpBVmSugQqIAo4qmV6aNp4SpaKyqtfK2Qbc-vYG-p8AawYvEFcT2xq7TftP82L3bp90N3-_sOO4O73rv4_JF-tL8xf4K_ro=

My Gear
Spoiler

Hope you can help me
Best regards Asrael

From my tests Cleave with Conc. Effect(single target) use 43-46 mana depending on quality of Conc Effect , Cleave with Increased AoE use 46 mana on the other hand Dual Strike with Melee Splash is more mana hungry using like 55 mana

I have 779 mana and with 1x60 (Hatred) and 2x40 (PoF and PoL) linked with 20 Reduced Mana and those 4 Sovereignity nodes(14% reduced mana reserved) left me with only 101 mana to use with Cleave which is just enough if you have 2% mana leech on your gear. Under 80 mana to use with Cleave is quite bad since you will remain without mana quite often , worse if you dont have any %mana regeneration increased from tree or gear.

I didn't take Dynamo cluster (3 skill points) which gives you 20% increased mana and 12% reduced skill cost instead i took with using only 2 skill points Mana and Mana Flows nodes at the Duelist start area which give me 24% increased mana , 40% mana regen and 10 int which is better in my opinion than those 3 Dynamo points when it comes to mana administration (higher regen helps you also in those 50% regen maps)

http://fogz.mine.nu:8080/poe_reserved_calc/

Use the link above to calculate reserved mana and mana left with different auras setup and reduced nodes from tree.

My opinion is that if you have under 80 mana left to use with Cleave even with those reduced skill cost from Dynamo which prolly will put your Cleave combo at ~39-40 mana used it will be hard to sustain it if you dont have enough regen from tree and from gear combined with 2% mana leech from gear

Dual Strike combo with reduced skill cost nodes from Dynamo will put you i think at about ~48 mana which will be even harder to sustain with under 80 mana left after reservation.

You dont need Grace for Atziri i think , at trio bosses where high physical damage is dealt you have to use self cast EC and IC which will make you invulnerable to physical damage anyways for some seconds.
Atziri spear deals also physical damage but you wont get 1 shoted from that even with under 5k HP and not so high armour.

In my opinion at Atziri max block/spell block together with high HP base (5.5k+) and also increased resists (80 fire /79 lightning) makes an easy fight (no need of Acrobatics or Phase Acrobatics), you can get 1 shoted only by double flamebast i think (if it isnt blocked/dodged) , all the other skills of her wont 1 shoot you with the stats i suggested above

Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 25, 2014, 8:59:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info