[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

Thanks for the links! I think I have enough regrets to backout the acro part of the tree and add in the DPS / mana stuff. So you run 73% block? Is survivability an issue with this DPS based build? I am level 83 so other then my WoE are lacking in the pdps and gem levels I would assume I can get pretty close to your numbers.
So, I've been trying this build out(the higher survivability one) because I want to do Atziri and my other arc build wouldn't have stood a chance (only started playing a few days after 1.2 was released so haven't done Atziri before)
and so far I'm level 84.

My passives at the moment.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBA4cFtQlYDF8UUhUgFm8Y2xo4G60cpx3KIuIj9iSqJ-0o2ypNLOkwcTB8Mok0kzWSNe826TpCOu08LT8nR35H4kp9SshLeE2STipRR1OlVvpX4lnzW69csGNwZU1mnmegbBZttG5pbqpwcnKpfNl9dYFBhNmHGYd2jX2Nv5AKkFWZK6OKpDmnhKyqtfK2Qbc-vYG-p8AawYvEFcT2xq7QgdN-0_zUI9i926fdDd2o3-_jauw47g7veu_j-tL8S_zF_gr-ug==

My gear (I use a 2nd Atziri's promise and a quicksilver for mapping for the more sustained dps boost and movement speed)
Spoiler

resists are capped, running hatred and purity of elements/vitality instead of purity of elements/purity of fire, I can outregen the bloodrage degen without vitality, and my cold resist is still capped without purity of elements so I could switch to purity of lightning/fire for Atziri, but I just like the extra life regen while I'm capped on resists anyway when it comes to mapping. Although since my lazhwar is corrupted to give an extra frenzy charge instead of int (only 94 int) which means I'll have to scour my purity of lighting down, or just level a new one(probably easier + cheaper) to level 10 which still maxes my lightning resist, but only gives +1% max.

I'm at 4k life, still got quite a few life nodes to grab where I'm going atm, then the rest of the Scion life wheel.

Also my dps 14.8k with hatred and no frenzy charges, I think it's around 16.5k with 4 charges (+1 from corrupted lazhwar, and just over 20k with Atziri's promise + charges)

I'm just wondering if this is enough to start trying Atziri or if I should be waiting longer? my plan was to try at 4.5k life originally, and would it be worth it to use my uncorrupted lazhwar so I can run a little bit higher Purity of Lightning to get an extra 1% max resist(2% total) or if I'd be better off with just 1% and an extra frenzy charge?
Last edited by Scotteeh on Sep 27, 2014, 7:18:25 AM
is it possible to do uber atziri with this build? I am going to go for the higher survivability one.

this build can really do all maps with just about any mod?

Pretty damn crazy because this build is really cheap looking at it.
I've been running a build like this (not exactly the same but similar enough to give some i hope hopefully helpful input) and must say its great! Its absolutely viable with a non-legacy BoR making it indeed a very very affordable end-game build especially now that they un-nerfed the Rainbowstrides making them more affordable also.

Ive been making some comparison between legacy and non-legacy BoR build and yeah, you lose some survivability with the non-legacy (next to the near negligible dps loss) but i found a nifty little trick to compensate for this by losing some speed on the leap-slam. If you drop the faster attacks and culling and add curse-on-hit with enfeeble you get quite some more survivability both in diminishing the odds you get hit and reducing the incoming damage when you do get hit (fixing the less life and lower level blind on non-legacy BoR). I am running a modified mana version of this build if you will so i was also able to drop the blood gem on it and replaced it with endurance on stun for even more survivability. I really like leap+Endurance on Stun+Curse on hit+enfeeble as i dont need to manually cast anything and it will always auto-trigger enfeeble when jumping around groups instead of having to rely on CwDT (which simply doesnt trigger often enough for me even at low levels). And you can get enfeeble up to as silly high a level as you have int for and CoH makes it more effective even ;)

Also, im completely in love with Concentrated Cleave for this build! Herald of Ash scales very nice of that high damage and it gives you enough added AoE to be effective against groups while also giving you good dps for bosses (>35k on my build, expecting 40k @ lvl90 w >5k life) .

It is also possible to get gear up to the point where you cap your resists without any aura's needed making the mana build really shine! It will give you a big enough mana pool to run -100% and -50% regen maps without too much issue as long as you have mana leech on gear (1% will do), and in a pinch you can still slap on some kind of purity for -res maps. I run Reduced mana+Hatred+Herald+Vitality myself which i like very much (i just leave vitality off on -regen maps and swap gear and plug in purity of fire for -elemental maps).

"
sighlight wrote:
is it possible to do uber atziri with this build? I am going to go for the higher survivability one.

I don't think this build can do Uber Atziri yet , you need quite a lot of DPS for the adds phase and to manually evade/dodge a lot of the flame blasts/fire storms/lightning storms because even with 6k+ HP , 75% spell block and maxed resists 80 fire and 79 lightning you risk to get 1 shooted by many of those especially if they crit , and avoiding a lof of those while you are a melee build with low dps and no crit (so no faster resist flasks recharging) is quite impossible if you ask me.

Normal Atziri on the other hand is quite easy , with 6k+ HP you can get 1 shooted only by double flame blast if your spell block/spell dodge fail to avoid those.

Regarding map mods you can technically do all mods including Blood Magic (hardest one), No regeneration/50% regeneration , -max resists , double reflect (physical/elemental) , vulnerability , enfeeble , temporal chains, etc. , just by having high life pool , 75%block/spell block and swapping Blood Rage gem for LL for no regen/50% regen maps

Myself did maps like a lv 74 Underground River map with a really bad combo of mods "all in one" without any deaths :

+blood magic
+elemental weakness
+-max resists
+50% life and mana recovery slower
+90% increased monster cold damage
+area inhabited by animals

It went a bit slower but i didn't die so technically you can do all mods for any map with decent gear and a high level char with a big HP pool and playing defensively

Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 29, 2014, 7:31:59 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

I don't think this build can do Uber Atziri yet , you need quite a lot of DPS for the adds phase and to manually evade/dodge a lot of the flame blasts/fire storms/lightning storms because even with 6k+ HP , 75% spell block and maxed resists 80 fire and 79 lightning you risk to get 1 shooted by many of those especially if they crit.

Normal Atziri on the other hand is quite easy , with 6k+ HP you can get 1 shooted only by double flame blast if your spell block/spell dodge fail to avoid those.

Regarding map mods you can technically do all mods including Blood Magic (hardest one), No regeneration/50% regeneration , -max resists , double reflect (physical/elemental) , vulnerability , enfeeble , temporal chains, etc. , just by having high life pool , 75%block/spell block and swapping Blood Rage gem for LL for no regen/50% regen maps

Myself did maps like a lv 74 Underground River map with a really bad combo of mods "all in one" without any deaths :

+blood magic
+elemental weakness
+-max resists
+50% life and mana recovery slower
+90% increased monster cold damage
+area inhabited by animals

It went a bit slower but i didn't die so technically you can do all mods for any map with decent gear and a high level char with a big HP pool and playing defensively

thank you. that is very very awesome!
I've been suprised today in a phys reflect map (Coves, lvl70, solo): physical reflect 18, res -15, + 28 mobs DMG. Too hard in a beginning. Apex was easy...

BoR changes (RRRG with Dual Strike, Melee Splash, Multistrike, Blood Magic):
1. Melee Splash 20/20 -> Lightning Strike 20/20
2. Dual Strike 20/20 -> Culling Strike 20/20

Maybe (not sure, but could be more powefull in low lvl phys reflect maps + masters inside):
1. Melee Splash 20/20 -> Molten Strike 20/20
2. Dual Strike 20/20 -> Culling Strike 20/20

Last edited by Minatg on Sep 30, 2014, 5:31:49 PM
can someone tell me why the higher dps version is called mana build? it uses blood magic gem so I dont understand why it's called the mana version. both versions use blood magic gem
"
Minatg wrote:
I've been suprised today in a phys reflect map (Coves, lvl70, solo): physical reflect 18, res -15, + 28 mobs DMG. Too hard in a beginning. Apex was easy...

Physical reflect together with Elemental Reflect and even both of them at the same time are not an issue with this build even in low level maps where you deal more damage than in high level maps as long as you use any form of Life Leech -> from Blood Rage gem or from Life Leech gem in BoR (if you cant outregen Blood Rage or playing a map with No regen/50% regen )

"
sighlight wrote:
can someone tell me why the higher dps version is called mana build? it uses blood magic gem so I dont understand why it's called the mana version. both versions use blood magic gem

High DPS version doesn't use Blood Magic gem , it uses mana so that's why it is called "mana version".

You can use 2 versions of skill combos with mana :
Dual Strike -> Melee Splash (cost more mana)
Cleave -> Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect (cost less mana)

Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 1, 2014, 3:53:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info