[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

well we still have to see new counter-attack skills they're introducing, maybe one of them adds block. or maybe they changed how armour works. its still to early to say how everything is going to turn out just from skill tree. tbh ggg doesn't make poor decisions that often that we should expect entire plethora of builds to be decimated...

about new skill tree, pm me when you make something and want a second opinion, i'll gladly take a look. i've added a link to your guide in the original post.
Last edited by ogrec on Dec 4, 2014, 1:15:25 PM
Praying a for a block aura :-)
"
cdchi1 wrote:

Then even mages would use it, everyone. Very unoriginal.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
"
cdchi1 wrote:

Then even mages would use it, everyone. Very unoriginal.

t'was intended as a joke.
Zivko have you tried theorycrafting for something new?

It seems that the build is still playable with plenty of 2 handed DPS shifted to the duelist starting zone.
I haven't started on this one yet, mostly working on the DW crit cyclone. Also really busy with exams.

I think we can still get over 50% block/ spell block. Due to the new passives arrangement, we could get a lot more damage though. I'll get working on it as soon as I get the time :P.

The biggest thing is that I want to get patch notes first.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Dec 9, 2014, 5:11:13 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Zivko have you tried theorycrafting for something new?

It seems that the build is still playable with plenty of 2 handed DPS shifted to the duelist starting zone.

I'm not going to be updating the guide because
1) duelist, which was not a great class to begin with sucks even more now, you're much better of starting as a ranger and a scion and taking duelist notable nodes later on
2) i've tried making a build that would be at least on level of 1.1 patch build which was not good but not that bad either and result is less life, less damage and less block then in 1.1. which is just plain horrible

Etherfire will be updating his woe+bor thread, i've already discussed skill tree with him and he came up with a tree that had good amount of life and will get good damage, only downside is it wont be able to reach maxblock without rumi's concoction.
This is the link to Etherfire's guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1098592/

I'd appreciate people not bumping this thread anymore. Unless they're some major buffs to dual wielding in 1.4, this build is pretty much dead. Check Etherfire's thread once he updates it.
Last edited by ogrec on Dec 10, 2014, 9:37:52 AM
Last edited by kwakusa on Dec 16, 2014, 1:24:59 PM
I've decided to briefly revive this thread because i have a question for people who liked playing woe+bor build:

I'm currently leveling a claw + shield build which atm looks like it will surpass 1.2 woe+bor build.
I've recently killed atziri with it @ level 80 and it was easier then with woe+bor.

Defenses would consist of:
fortify + AA
up to 62/62 block/spellblock (no rathpit)
up to 60/66 block/spellblock and 16% spell dodge with rathpit + atziri's step
very high life leech (atm i have ~2k leech/sec vs single target, it goes up by ~1200hp/sec per every new target) which is independent of damage dealt

Currently i have 20k dps non buffed, 25k dps with 4 frenzy charges (9.9aps with a 1.74aps claw)
I'm still missing 5 dps nodes and fully leveled gems so i'm expecting fully buffed dmg to reach 30k eventually.

Build has a lot higher clear speed then woe+bor ever had.

Big downside is that its not a cheap build anymore, even without rathpit it requires a 6L chest.

If there's enough interest for the build, i'd post the guide one i reach planned level.
Lemme know.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 11, 2015, 6:20:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info