[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

Get fell the weak and wrecking ball. Those are two very good dps clusters the the original tree doesn't take.

That means at level 86 with added fire in your links you should have about 20k dps and with lgoh around 15k.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
This may sound really simple but also look at some physical dmg on your rings. Forget the el dmg stuff. I swapped mine out and got the below two rings... not the best but for now they make a nice DPS difference. My WoE were only 97% so up'ing that to a 116% made a big change for me as well. You already have 113% WoE so that will not buy you much. Now, I did swap from the survivability to mana build variant and that upped my DPS quite a bit also, getting the BoR colored was the hardest part. Before all these changes I was sitting at ~13.x k DPS in my HO. From then till now, below stats, I only gained one level so pretty close comparrison.
Stats

Level 84
Missing 5 axe dps nodes (Fell of the weak && the three leading up to wrecking ball)
75/73% block
4.6k life
I am using Cleave only, not tried the other options yet
23.4k dps in my HO
Hitting ~33.x k dps with everything up (including vaal haste) out in the field

Ohh, and I love this build. It is crazy easy to clear even hard mods on rare level 73 maps now. I know, I should be doing higher but just do not have any yet. I am still hunting up higher maps and got my first level 74 and level 75 maps last night. When I was ~13k DPS I was limiting myself to 69-71 maps.
Last edited by Antacus on Oct 29, 2014, 11:27:40 AM
Why has no one taken Executioner? (Near Start of Duelist)
It's a 24% physical damage boost, isn't that quite a lot?
Also, going to try this build out, starting from level 1. Have all the required gear.
Since I read Cleave is a LOT better, I'm going to go for Cleave obviously.

Edit: Executioner probably isn't taken because of the wasted Accuracy in it.
Still though, 24% is a lot isn't it?
Last edited by Wallwalker22 on Oct 31, 2014, 5:53:18 AM
Executioner is total crap. Those three valuable points can be spent elsewhere to give a much better bonus.

Allow me to explain. Hatchet master, for three points it gives you 28% phys damage as well as 12% attack speed. Wrecking ball, for 4 points gives 41% phys damage and 12% attack speed.

There is literally no reason to get executioner in place of a better cluster. Where would you get the points for to allocate executioner? Not from one of the existing damage clusters as you would lose damage. Especially not from life nodes.

Hope that helps, especially if you feel like changing the build for more dps or more life.

This is a buff
Atziri can be killed with the mana build version right? :} And no-legacy BoR ?
Last edited by DrRaven900 on Nov 4, 2014, 1:03:00 PM
Atziri is purely a mechanics fight. If you can dodge everything then you don't even need any block.

But to answer your question, yes the mana version can do atziri. Also, to be honest there is barely any difference between both variants of BoR.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Nov 4, 2014, 10:23:14 PM
I have such, everything is good, but...... dps only 40k, very slow game
Last edited by doka001 on Nov 5, 2014, 8:47:27 AM
Bit of humour to show how 'safe' this build is.

This morning ran a Courtyard map with DUAL boss and some other nasty mods.

Having died in another courtyard map boss room a few minutes earlier with my L89 tornado shot character, decided to switch to my trusty WOE/BOR max block character.

Went into boss room...and eventually took them all down.

I then wondered why the heck it took so long to kill the bosses, their HP bars barely moved as I spammed attacked them, and figured something had gone wrong with my equipment. Checked my inventory, and sure enough, I'd forgot to make sure I had my WOE equipped...instead my alternative weapons were equipped, crappy claws that I use for levelling gems. Checked my DPS, 4.5K lol

But I still survived, and barely got scratched, even without the WOE block bonuses.

Can't imagine how shitty I would have felt had I died, being L92 and all.
My Woe + BoR character is my go to build for bosses. When I'm mapping with other characters and encounter a tough boss like Merveil in Necropolis, I'll just switch to this character and kill it without much problem.
Hi, i can't understand how you can have 73-75% block chance on the mana offensive build

as far as i know
15% from dual wielding
10% from woe
15% from bor
22% from passive tree

i'm missing 11-13 % block chance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info