[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
Also, if you are going cleave, you really need to pick up the Amplify node if you went into the Templar HP nodes, because I'm pretty sure that 8% area damage is just like Conc. effect and adds a lot of dps. My Conc. Effect is at 57%, and gives about 9k dps, and if Amplify works the same as it does, it should give like 1.3k dps.

I'm sure other people will gain even more from the node; I use a life leech gem instead of blood rage/added fire.

I hvaent made it that far, but it'll prob. be the what I pick up in the next couple lvls because I'm 83(beyond). I cna get it in the next 2.

Just a thought. You should gain a large chunk of DPS and 12% increased AoE to boot. Its worth the 2 points, if you are using cleave.

That node is not that good as it looks , tested it now for science :) and here are the numbers :

Without Amplify in legacy BoR :

Cleave 20/20 + Multistrike 19/20 + Added Fire 20/20 + Increased Area of Effect 21/20 -> 28.214 DPS
Cleave 20/20 + Multistrike 19/20 + Added Fire 20/20 + Concentrated Effect 20 -> 47.013 DPS

With Amplify in legacy BoR :

Cleave 20/20 + Multistrike 19/20 + Added Fire 20/20 + Increased Area of Effect 21/20 -> 28.625 DPS
Cleave 20/20 + Multistrike 19/20 + Added Fire 20/20 + Concentrated Effect 20 -> 47.692 DPS

So the gain with it in my case is only 411 DPS for AoE combo and 679 DPS for single target combo which in my opinion doesn't worth since you need to spend 1 more skill point to get to it , you can better spend those 2 points if you really want more DPS outside the OP optimized tree in 2 x 12% Physical Damage with Axes (Templar Area) or even in 1x 3% ASPD/2% Movement Speed and 1x 6% ASPD/4% Movement Speed (Ranger Area) which are just next to the tree posted by OP and you'll get more DPS by getting those nodes.

You can invest also those 2 points in 5% life nodes which also is a good option.

"
godflow wrote:

I've been told that Cleave Tooltip DPS is misleading and looks lower than it is.

Have you been using Herald of Ash at all? Seems to work incredibly well with Cleave.

Yes i am using it from time to time in some mapping where you dont need extra fire and lightning resists from PoF and PoL , i switch these 2 auras with PoE and Herald of Ash for more DPS

This adds 2k more DPS to the tooltip and also has that nice burning damage that proliferates for the mobs which are close one to each other

Thanks for doing the math. Quite Useful. It doesn't look like the AOE node is worth it for Cleave.

How many Auras do you have running normally with Hearld of Ash? I really like it and would like to incorporate it into the build but I know that Resits are an issue and there is a reliance on Purity Auras.

Do you run Grace as well?
"
godflow wrote:

Thanks for doing the math. Quite Useful. It doesn't look like the AOE node is worth it for Cleave.

How many Auras do you have running normally with Hearld of Ash? I really like it and would like to incorporate it into the build but I know that Resits are an issue and there is a reliance on Purity Auras.

Do you run Grace as well?

Normally you can run 3 auras , i usually run Hatred 60% , Purity of Fire 40% and Purity of Lightning 40% (you will need lv 20 Reduced Mana and those reduced mana nodes in Sovereignity cluster if you use mana version of the build else you wont have mana to use Cleave with)

Can switch Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning with Purity of Elements 40% and Herald of Ash 25%

I dont run Grace (playing in Standard and my high life 6k+ , 75% block, 25% Armor and 4 Endurance Charges are enough for me) but if you feel the need i think you can easy switch Hatred (green) with Grace (green) or even with Purity of Ice (green) if extra cold resist is needed like in the revamped lv 75 Necroplis boss fight (Merveil)

I also run depending of situation Vaal Haste (green) for higher DPS and movement speed or Vaal Grace (green) for increased dodge and spell dodge if the map mods or bosses ask it :) . I usually use one of these in RRRG gloves linked with CwDT(Blood Magic) - Immortal Call - Increased Duration in the green slot where i normally have Enhance lv 3 for longer Immortal Call , because you can trigger them manually even if they are linked with CwDT.

Increased Duration 20/20 can get your Vaal Haste / Vaal Grace up to 10 seconds when these are level 20 and the charging speed of those 2 Vaal auras is quite fast - 24 souls.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 19, 2014, 6:13:19 AM
double post
Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 19, 2014, 6:49:40 AM
I finished my acrob build. Only life nodes left. Build in general is tanky with good dps.

Offense:
31k dps (37k flask) with lvl17 conc, 17/20 multi, 17/20 cleave and herald + hatred auras.

Defense:
5.2k life
76/75/75 res
37cha res (72 flask)
160 life/sec

After bor, gearing was easy ... capping life/res/cha on gloves/rings.

Passive
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAnEDhwSzBbUJWBRNFFIVIBZvGNsaOButHcoi4iP2JKon7SjbKk0s6TBxMHwxnjKJNJM1kjXvNuk6QjrtPC0_J0d-R-JKfUrIS3hNkk3jTipRR1b6V-JZ81uvXLBjcGVNZp5noGwWbbRuaW6qcHJyqXzZfXWBQYO9hNmHGYd2jX2Nv5AKkFWZK6OKpDmmV6eEqWisqrXytkG3Pr2BvqfAGsGLxPbGrtCB037T_NQj2L3bp90N3ajd59_v42rmiOw47g7veu_j-tL8S_zF_gr-j_66

Gear
Spoiler

"
NambrVan wrote:
I finished my acrob build. Only life nodes left. Build in general is tanky with good dps.

Offense:
31k dps (37k flask) with lvl17 conc, 17/20 multi, 17/20 cleave and herald + hatred auras.

Defense:
5.2k life
76/75/75 res
37cha res (72 flask)
160 life/sec

After bor, gearing was easy ... capping life/res/cha on gloves/rings.

Passive
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAnEDhwSzBbUJWBRNFFIVIBZvGNsaOButHcoi4iP2JKon7SjbKk0s6TBxMHwxnjKJNJM1kjXvNuk6QjrtPC0_J0d-R-JKfUrIS3hNkk3jTipRR1b6V-JZ81uvXLBjcGVNZp5noGwWbbRuaW6qcHJyqXzZfXWBQYO9hNmHGYd2jX2Nv5AKkFWZK6OKpDmmV6eEqWisqrXytkG3Pr2BvqfAGsGLxPbGrtCB037T_NQj2L3bp90N3ajd59_v42rmiOw47g7veu_j-tL8S_zF_gr-j_66

Gear
Spoiler

Why not hit Ondars Guile if you're going Acrobatics? IS it because of max spell block?
I will get it when i get 6k life ... but really there is no need for ondar ...
I made a small change if I wanted to do this with a Shadow.

I'd lose:
8% hp
8% chaos resist
15% melee physical damage

And I'd "get":
18% evasion
20 dex

I know the trade SUCKS BALLS. But I'm wondering if I can somehow make it work? or do I lose way too much?

Thanks in advance.
"
RXXQ wrote:
I made a small change if I wanted to do this with a Shadow.

I'd lose:
8% hp
8% chaos resist
15% melee physical damage

And I'd "get":
18% evasion
20 dex

I know the trade SUCKS BALLS. But I'm wondering if I can somehow make it work? or do I lose way too much?

Thanks in advance.

No, its not too much. 15% mpd = 500-1000 dps depending on auras and setup. Life and chaos res is good bonus but you can live without it :) Just pretend that cool looking character cost you 2 skill points.
Hey Folks.

I must say, i love this build. DPS might be a bit low compared to Elemental Buzz saw or Incinerator build, but it is the most tanky build I have ever played so far. I got several questions and was wondering if you could help me out here:

a.) Auras
Currently running Hatred with Herald of Ash & Ice due to max Resi on gear. If i need more defense, i can switch herald´s for Grace. Any other suggestions?

b.) Resolute Technique
I was wondering if I should drop it to gain the 5th Endurance charge. (Was a respec from my very first char and i took the wrong decission on the bandit quest, therefore I need the endurance charge from passive tree).

Currently Tree is looking like:
Acutal Skill Tree

But i was wondering if i should change it into:
Skill Tree without Resolute Technique

Skill Tree with 5 End. Charges and cataclym without Resolute technique

And before you ask, I barley use the following Skills:
a.) Leap Slam (dropped for Heavy Strike with Item Rarity & Item Quantiy & Culling)
b.) Blood rage (located in 5L WoE), thinking about replacing it with faster casting to support Im. Call and Warlords Mark

My Gear
Spoiler

Currently I am 4.3k life with around 23k dps (AOE) and around 2.5k Evade.

c.) Increase DPS
I wanted to take some DPS-Nodes and was wondering which one i should get:
Either Beserking (4 passive points, 18 % Attack speed) vs cataclym (40 % more Elemental Dmg) or wrecking ball (41 % phys. DMG + 12 % Attack speed)

Looking forward to your comments.

Update:
Without RT I got a hitchance of 75 % which makes a pure 6k DPS so i turned it on again and went for the wrecking ball (give away a few chaos / life nodes and other life nodes), which boosted my DPS 27.5k (Dual Strike + Multi + splash + add fire)
Last edited by chaosphysik on Sep 21, 2014, 6:29:29 AM
Im a shadow with mostly the same build :

Life: 6.3k

Defense: 8k+ / 44% damage reduction

Spell/Attack Block: 75%

Cyclone DPS= 18.5k / You can pick dual strike or cleave but LL on ring is required

Auras: Hatred-Grace-Herald of Ash (or you can just only use Hatred and Grace with Cyclone Dps of 15k with 6.6k life and 6Link WOE is not needed -for this set up it is a personal choice)

Life gen/sec: 300hp

some info:
---I dont use Blood Rage
---I prefer Iron Reflex build to avoid getting 1 shot
---A lil bit more expensive cuz you need 6L Wings of Entropy if you choose to have 3 Auras

Gears with gem set-up:

Passive Skill Tree: ( if you decide not to use Herald of Ash then dont grab the mana reserve node and pick the hp node instead )

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAnEDhwSzCVgMXw-rFE0UUhUgFr8Y2xmKGjgbrRynHcoi4iP2JpUn7SjbKaUqTSzpMok0kzWSNe864TrtPC0_J0d-R-JKfUrITZJN404qUUxTNVOlVUtW-lfiWfNbr1ywYeJjcGVNZ6BqjGwWbbRuaW6qcHJyqXzZfVt9dYFBhNmHGYd2jDaNfZAKkFWZK5u1ogCi2aOKpDmmV6eEqWisR6yqsNi18rZBtz69gb6nwBrBi8M6xPbGrsgUykrQgdN-0_zYvdun3Q3f7-w47g7veu_j9W_22vsJ_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==
Last edited by HudaZ on Sep 22, 2014, 5:55:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info