[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

In the OP you mention that the build isn't expensive. But don't Wings of Entropy, Bringer of Rain, Stone of Lazhwar, and Rainbowstride, go for 15ex+ all together? On Standard and Rampage I see BoR go for 10ex+ alone. Rainbowstride is going for about 3ex on Rampage, and Stone is about 2ex. WoE goes for less than an exalt depending on the roll.

Or is that amount of currency considered a peasant amount?
sprunklin
Replace Immortal call with spell totem and Blood rage with Temporal chains. Cast spell totem with temp chains in healing phase and it will slow down the adds enough that you'll be able to kill them with only ~15k dps.

cdchi1
I run Carnage Heart (or a rare amulet with high life leech) while leveling and keep it on for 66-69maps, i usually don't switch to stone of lazhwar until i get high enough regen to support Blood rage which is usually around the time i hit lvl 70 maps.

Liquor
You can buy Bringer of Rain and Wings of Entropy on Standard league for less then 1ex (less then 25c actually). Yes, that is considered a peasant amount since even a completely new player can grind that much in a course of 1 week.

On Rampage cheapest Wings is 3c and cheapest rainbowstride is 14c. Price of BoR is pretty high though, it's a lot higher then they used to be at the beginning of last two challenge leagues, and i'm guessing this guide is one of the reasons why.

I was first to kill Atziri on 1mSC and had her on farm since day 4 of the league ending up earning around 60ex by the end of first week (not counting a couple of hope drops that i saved for standard) for less then 5ex investment (BoR and WoE were cheap then cause no one was using them back then).
When i posted that and the build on reddit, interest in the buid jumped a lot and, since more poeple are using those uniques now then there were when i wrote the guide, its expected for demand and prices to go up.
Considering you need to play less then 8ex for build enabling items (and you can probably get it for less them 6ex if you monitor the trade chat instead of buying trough indexers), this is still a very cheap build.

Keep in mind that prices of everything are higher in the beginning of the leagues. That means even though you need to play more for items you need, you also sell items you dont need for a lot higher amount then you usually would. Its easy for experienced players to grind 15+ex during the course of first week, and even less experience players should have not trouble grinding enough money to complete the build in the first 14 days of the league.
I honestly think you're overestimating how popular your build is. ^.^
BoR is expensive right now, probably because the supply is so low. Remember that unique drop rates have recently been re-balanced. There are 13 BoRs for trade as compared to 22 Kaom's and 15 Shav's at the time of this post. I'm going to assume they're on the same or close to the same rarity tier, while BoR is still MUCH cheaper, due to lower demand.

Anyways, I've played alot of crit based builds (both spells and attacks) throughout Ambush and Domination, but decided to go with something more straightforward and tanky to start Rampage with. I whipped up my own WoE+BoR build for this purpose. Here's my point build at lvl81. Points after lvl81 can just be put into damage clusters like so. This tree was pretty much what I made up off the top of my head, and modified slightly as I leveled up.

Comparing my build to the ones on the first post, mines seems to pick up alot more evasion, armor, and resistances. The reason for armor/eva being that I don't think builds are all that tanky without a significant amount of natural flat mitigation. The reason for resistances is that my RNG hasn't been very powerful so far in Rampage. Earlier today, I dumped almost all my currency on a Rainbowstride that I don't even care to wear yet. BoR seems to be a distant dream. Thus, I'm not expecting to be able to afford gg rings anytime soon and more points on resists in the tree are great for this. The only downside to mine I see is that I don't pick up RT (big downside :P) and I don't have any aura nodes, so I probably won't be able to run two 60% auras. The upside is that I'll end up picking up ALOT more pdmg,eva,armor, nodes

I have a 2% mana leech on a ring, running Grace and Herald of Ash, and I can sustain my 4L attack on a no-regen map. I don't anticipate a 5L or 7L on BoR being any worse for my mana. I'm not running any life leech except sometimes 2% on a granite flask or with Atziri's Promise, and I have no problems standing in large packs while they're all bashing me. I haven't died in almost 20 levels now, mostly running 66-72 maps from lvl60 to now 77. I don't anticipate wanting to run blood rage, except maybe for some free frenzy charges. Flasks are just amazing now anyways.

I'm not quite sure why your tree runs so far up to Templar. Care to explain the rational of your node selections over what I posted?
I noticed that you don't always have your IC on manual cast. What level is the CWDT on that? and do you recommend it?

Also, why level 4 CWDT on EC? don't we want it casting as many times as possible? sorry if the questions seemed dumb, I'm not very good at making things out on my own.
Guess I'll quickly answer since I'm looking at this thread. :P

Quality on an IC gem makes a HUGE difference in duration. On my first go around, I just level a CwDT+IC+Duration set all the way to 20, as to make them 20q gems later. Afterwards, alot of people will say something long the lines of: level your CwDT gem to ~2/3 or 3/4 of your life total. I find that to be rather arbitrary and possibly the result of simply over-theorycrafting. I'd just continue to level the CwDT-IC setup indefinitely.

EC has a 4 second cooldown. A lvl4 CwDT is lvl37, which is a lvl7 EC. A lvl5 (lvl31) to a lvl7 (lvl37) Enduring cry is the difference between 17/100 to 21/100 charges per mob, which is the difference between 1 charge per ~6 mobs, and 1 charge per ~5 mobs. The CwDT hp to trigger is 440 at lvl1 and 620 at lvl4.
"
ZenithStar wrote:
BoR is expensive right now, probably because the supply is so low. Remember that unique drop rates have recently been re-balanced. There are 13 BoRs for trade as compared to 22 Kaom's and 15 Shav's at the time of this post. I'm going to assume they're on the same or close to the same rarity tier, while BoR is still MUCH cheaper, due to lower demand.

Hahaha :)
There are 4 unique item rarity brackets: common, uncommon, rare and super-rare. Kaoms and Shavs are a super-rare uniques, BoR is uncommon. That's the reason price is low, and reason why there's equivalent number of BoRs to Kaom's and Shavs is the high demand for Bringers.
I understand this might mislead newer players to believe they're the same rarity, but i still couldn't help but laugh when i've read your conclusion :)

"
ZenithStar wrote:
I'm not quite sure why your tree runs so far up to Templar. Care to explain the rational of your node selections over what I posted?

One of the reasons is Purity of Flesh (chaos resistance) which makes outregenerating Blood Rage easier. You can read about Blood Rage in 'Skill Gems Setup' section of the guide.
Second reason is proximity of templar aura nodes. While leveling its mandatory to take a couple of reduced mana reservation nodes to be able to support 3 auras with lower then lvl20 reduced mana. Also it adds flexibility to the build, its easy to keep those nodes and switch to mana instead od using bm gem and, even thou 'tanky' version of the buid is using bm gem, when (if) i level to 96, i'll switch to mana even in tanky version, which i wouldn't be able to do without reduced mana reservation nodes.
There's also a small benefit of getting extra 20 int by traveling to Purity of Flesh, while not a hige deal, it helps if you want to use corrupted stone of lazhwar.

reitaaaxD

CwDT lvl 14 + Inc duration lvl 21 + IC lvl 14 + Blood rage lvl 14
I keep them at lvl 14 because by the time i take enough damage for IC to proc, EC and BoR generate enough charges to get full duration out of IC. I've tried higher level IC setups and by the time they proc, theres usually no enemies left so its useless.
Btw, lvl 14 was optimal for previous version of the buid which had 5 charges, this one lost a charge so now that you reminded me, i might actually need to test lower lvl IC setup, it might be better with max 4 EC charges.

I'm using lvl 4 CwDT + lvl 7 EC because damage difference to proc is not that high, but lvl you get more charges when surrounded by higher amount of enemies compared to lvl 4 EC linked to lvl 1 EC.
Lvl 7 EC grants 1 EC for every 4.76 enemies, lvl 4 EC grants 1 EC for every 6.67 enemies.
Lets say there are 19 mobs in your proximity. Lvl 4 would give you 2 EC charges, and lvl 7 EC would give you 4 EC charges.
I tend to leap into packs a lot so lvl 7 EC is better for my playstlye.
Ah, I see thanks for the very thorough explanation. Also, looking forward to see what the results are on the IC test when you get the time.
"
ogrec wrote:
sprunklin

cdchi1
I run Carnage Heart (or a rare amulet with high life leech) while leveling and keep it on for 66-69maps, i usually don't switch to stone of lazhwar until i get high enough regen to support Blood rage which is usually around the time i hit lvl 70 maps.

Cheers ogrec but do you think what I said is a imperfect but possible option? Reason I ask is that despite all my attempts I Cannot get a decent combination of rings (despite having a full stash tab of rare jewellery), gloves and belt while wearing stone of lazwhar (I'm running maps, not levelling) without having -60% chaos resist, and in that situation while the life regen is ok to run regen, no leech is problematic. If I swap one of my rings with a leech gem, I then have problem with resists. Should be ok once level up Elreon but I hardly ever run into him for some reason.
"
ogrec wrote:
"
ZenithStar wrote:

There are 4 unique item rarity brackets: common, uncommon, rare and super-rare. Kaoms and Shavs are a super-rare uniques, BoR is uncommon. That's the reason price is low, and reason why there's equivalent number of BoRs to Kaom's and Shavs is the high demand for Bringers.
I understand this might mislead newer players to believe they're the same rarity, but i still couldn't help but laugh when i've read your conclusion :)

Hes right though, they changed rarity tiers of some uniques with 1.2 patch and BoR seems to be one of them. That's why they are so expensive in the new leagues atm (like 10ex on Beyond), really has nothing do with this particular build. BoR has always been a very popular item choice for Melee.
IGN: Yeph
Last edited by cGramma on Aug 31, 2014, 5:38:32 PM
"
cGramma wrote:
"
ogrec wrote:
"
ZenithStar wrote:

Hes right though, they changed rarity tiers of some uniques with 1.2 patch and BoR seems to be one of them. That's why they are so expensive in the new leagues atm (like 10ex on Beyond), really has nothing do with this particular build. BoR has always been a very popular item choice for Melee.

Yeah. You're really overestimating the popularity of your own build.

BoR rarity tier has changed. As of this post, there's only FOUR for sale on all of Beyond, and nobody is playing Melee on beyond really.

For comparison, Alpha's Howl is in the "uncommon" rarity tier, and there's over 60 for sale on Beyond. Over 99 on Rampage.

BoR likely was simply moved into the "rare" tier of drops along with stuff like Bino's. TBH, It was too common before. It makes far more sense to be a rare drop than what it was previously.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info