[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

Long story short. I RIP'ed yesterday with my lvl 89 ranger on beyond and will try this build out now. BoR is currently super expensive so cant buy it on beyond. I however "accidentaly" 6L'ed my WoE with 30 fusings trying to get a 5L. How should I adapt my gems/skills based on that? Im thinking I want to dual strike and go the mana based route as described.
Glowerss & cGramma
I was unaware of BoR going up to 'rare' tier and you're right, it makes more sense since it is a powerful build enabling item.

Fujira
It's been asked already, here's a reply i wrote for another person. I'll add it to FAQ.
"
ogrec wrote:
You dont need a 6L WoE for this build, but if you have one, you can add all the codt setups to a single setup and add a curse (defensive would be Enfeeble and offensive Vulnerability).
CoDT/BM + EC + IC + Increased duration + Blood Rage + Enfeeble/Vulnerability
"
ogrec wrote:
Glowerss & cGramma
I was unaware of BoR going up to 'rare' tier and you're right, it makes more sense since it is a powerful build enabling item.

Fujira
It's been asked already, here's a reply i wrote for another person. I'll add it to FAQ.
"
ogrec wrote:
You dont need a 6L WoE for this build, but if you have one, you can add all the codt setups to a single setup and add a curse (defensive would be Enfeeble and offensive Vulnerability).
CoDT/BM + EC + IC + Increased duration + Blood Rage + Enfeeble/Vulnerability

Ah, sorry and thanks.

Im thinking I should use the WoE with dual strike + faster + melee phys + melee splash + added fire + LL or something just untill I get enough currency for my actual BoR. I bought a Belly of the Beast in the meantime aswell
I missed the part about not having BoR, use:
Dual Srike + FA + multi + melee phys + added fire + melee splash, or if you dont want to run blood rage and want more survivability, use life leech instead of added fire.
Last edited by ogrec on Sep 1, 2014, 5:54:13 AM
Currently at lvl 65 and having so much fun with this build. Very solid and strong so far.
Just need more 2lvls to use my BoR and reach 75/75 chance to block.

I've been using a Tabula Rasa until now and had the chance to do some testing.

I did 2 different setups:

1) Cleave + Increase AoE + FA + Multi + Melee Physical dmg + Added Fire

2) Dual Strike + 20%q Melee Splash + FA + Multi + Melee Physical dmg + Added Fire

After testing I decided to keep with setup #1

Cleave + Increase AoE just feels smoother and funnier to play. It has a little less damage than DS + Melee Splash, but has bigger AoE and much less dsync problems.

And, whenever I need more dmg against single targets, I can switch Increase AoE gem to Conc Effect to get up to 69% MORE dmg.

However, don't know if it will keep like this at end game.

Ogrec, what's your opinion about (Cleave + Inc AoE) VS (Dual Strike + 20%q Melee Splash)??
"
ogrec wrote:
Cleave has higher dps tooltip, but bigger portion of that damage is actually elemental damage. That means the actual damage tends to fluctuate a lot more then DS, depending on elemental resistances of the mobs you're facing.

Dual Strike has higher phys damage portion so less leech is needed to reach leech rate cap. I also prefer it to Cleave for Atziri farming as you'd need to change 2 gems for adds phase, switch life leech and conc effect with added fire and increased aoe if you're using Cleave. Its a bit simpler with Dual Strike as you can just switch between melee splash and life leech.
I think Cleave is better for mapping, especially when coupled with increased AoE.
I am now level 80.
Can you advise what to do now?

should i be mapping or farm bosses? I always was able to farm Dominus quickly but never done Atziri.
dominus just feels like all drops are low in level and he never dropped anything good (have done maybe like 20-30 runs in total)

with 20k dps on dual strike and close t 4k health - is Atziri the way to go for me or should i just do maps to get my health and level up ??

Resists are at cap with poe aura.
If you're playing a challenge league, you should farm Atziri.
If not and you want to farm dominus more, get some mf gear.
Aurseize, Reaper's pursuit (on switch), Item rarity gem and Divination Distillate are enough to break 200%iir, you can also use perandus blaozon for some extra iiq and, if you can cap resists, you can switch rainbows with goldwyrm, losing 25% spellblock is not a huge deal vs dominus.
Note that distillate is expensive and that some of the items i suggested have even more expensive legacy versions.
and if I am on standard ?
"
Golfik wrote:
and if I am on standard ?

Just farm Dominus like how he recommended on the post above yours.

Also, Ogrec if I have Melee Splash with 20Q, I wouldn't have to run the Temporal Chains + Spell Totem setup right? even though I only have 15k DPS without Frenzy charges?
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Sep 1, 2014, 3:57:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info