[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

xAvengingAngelx
You'll need to respec out of 7 points so it's not that bad imo. I'd respec to this:

____________________________________________________________________________________

New Hybrid WoE Build

I'm currenty working on a scion hybrid version of the build and its looking pretty good so far.
I have a lvl 92 scion i'm probably going to use free respec at some point to try out the build.

Stats are:
~22k pure phys dps, guessing around 26k with Herald of Ash (dps depends on accuracy, no RT)
~35k+ dps if Discipline is Replaced with Hatred (but has ~1000 less ES)
~7000 combine ES+Life (2700Life, 4300ES)
-72% block/spellblock
-ability to swap PoE+HoA with PoL+PoF
~35k+ dps if Discipline is Replaced with Hatred (but has ~1000 less ES)
~80% chance to avoid being stunned (ES+Heart of Oak)

https://poebuilder.com/builds/ogrec25-hybrid-woe

I'd probably drop helm or one of the rings for Alpha's Howl or Dream Fragments if it turns out Freeze is an issue.
Chaos damage would probably be a problem with the build as it's using melee damage on full life.
I'd also need to buy Rings, Helm and Gloves to try out the build (my current ES gear has no accuracy).
What gem set-up is recommended for a six-linked WoE? I also have a six-linked chest, but no BoR.
I've been checking out some of your videos, mostly the one with the hard maps and noticed that it's all the defensive version of the build. I'm thinking of respecing into the mana version after I've got the gear required but also scared that it might not be as tanky as you were in the videos.. so here's my question, did you have Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics in those videos? (I watched the Death & Taxes, Olmec's and Atziri one). I'd rather be able to have an easier time than enjoying higher DPS but having a harder time.

PS. Having a blast with your build in Rampage! although BoR took longer than I expected because it's so expensive here. Anyway, good luck on the hybrid WoE theorcraft!
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Aug 29, 2014, 7:20:33 PM
Quick question, is Cleave now hands down better than ds+splash? I have been leveling a cleave alongside ds+splash just in case. I have tried it with conc effect, while it did have crazy dps, the aoe was rather lackluster. Don't have a BoR so just using a WoE + Tabula until I get enough currency to buy one.

Using DS - Splash - Melee Phys - Multi - Blood Magic and Life Leech (not enough Chaos res yet to not die from Blood Rage, but very close)

Also, as for auras/buffs. Before switching out of IR, is it a must to run hatred + grace? I saw the Quality on one of the Heralds, and it gave more %dmg. Would using both instead of hatred maybe give more, or am I just dreaming here? (too lazy to do the math, sorry guys :s)
Jonneponken
I recommend you buy Bringer, preferably a legacy one if you're on standard/hardcore.
I've tried making a variant of the build without Bringer, but it doesn't perform as nearly as good and its just not worth it.
You dont need a 6L WoE for this build, but if you have one, you can add all the codt setups to a single setup and add a curse (defensive would be Enfeeble and offensive Vulnerability).
CoDT/BM + EC + IC + Increased duration + Blood Rage + Enfeeble/Vulnerability

reitaaaxD
I'm playing acrobatics version with less dps and that version was used for 'Olmec's' and 'Death and Taxes'.
I don't have time to play rampage atm, but if i did i would play mana version till around lvl 84-85 and then respec into Acrobatics + Phase Acro. While leveling with Acrobatics might be better for HC leagues, imo it's better to do endgame switch on SC leagues.

Popmycherry
Cleave has higher dps tooltip, but bigger portion of that damage is actually elemental damage. That means the actual damage tends to fluctuate a lot more then DS, depending on elemental resistances of the mobs you're facing.
Benefits are a lot higher AoE and therefor clear speed if you're using Increased AoE gem and a lot higher dps vs bosses when you switch Increased AoE gem with Conc Effect (so you shouldn't be using Conc Effect unless you're fighting a difficult boss with small amount of minions).

Ah.. I see thank you! I'll just stay with the Acrobatics version then. I immediately respecced the tree from the levelling guide to acrobatics one around Level 50-ish and it worked out fine. I also used DS+MS+MS+BM as soon as I can and it wasn't bad (Used cleave until around level 40-50 for AOE), I had a Carnage Heart drop and used claws with LGoH until I had decent damage to switch to the Life Leech ones and eventually buy WoE. After that I just breezed through the game and farmed for BoR.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Aug 30, 2014, 8:09:33 AM
Ogrec.

Help! :)

I have LOVED your new build AND old one. However, I finally have a problem. Atziri!

It's not that she kills me (that's my fault for standing in flame blasts lol) but I can't kill her adds quick enough. I use your high survivability build. Only a 100% WoE though. I have rainbowstride, (use aurseize for rarity, 49%), spell block amulet, LEGACY BoR, and Doryani's invitation belt. My dual strike, with hatred up and melee splash is 20K, with added fire instead, it's 28K, but it's not enough to kill her mobs! They all get to her in time! What do you recommend? I'm stuck. Do I need to switch to mana build? I love the survivability. I do Dominus runs in less than 5 minutes from the portal to the loot. :) I need more DPS! I just don't know where to get it. I don't want to go to the mana build because I looooove, the evasion + the block. I never get it!
"
sprunklin wrote:
Ogrec.

Help! :)

I have LOVED your new build AND old one. However, I finally have a problem. Atziri!

It's not that she kills me (that's my fault for standing in flame blasts lol) but I can't kill her adds quick enough. I use your high survivability build. Only a 100% WoE though. I have rainbowstride, (use aurseize for rarity, 49%), spell block amulet, LEGACY BoR, and Doryani's invitation belt. My dual strike, with hatred up and melee splash is 20K, with added fire instead, it's 28K, but it's not enough to kill her mobs! They all get to her in time! What do you recommend? I'm stuck. Do I need to switch to mana build? I love the survivability. I do Dominus runs in less than 5 minutes from the portal to the loot. :) I need more DPS! I just don't know where to get it. I don't want to go to the mana build because I looooove, the evasion + the block. I never get it!

You are doing something wrong i have the same stats and i got no problem with the adds , one thing i will mention tough quality 20% on melee splash helped alot ( 20% increase aoe ).
Phills

What's your setup for your BoR?

I use blood magic, multistrike, melee splash and obviously the dual strike.

I have a 100% WoE. I think my gems are level 18. It just takes too long to kill them or they get there. I don't die. I just can't kill them quick enough.
Hi Ogrec

Came over from the other WOE build post to check yours out.

Just wondering with the high survivability build, if I can't get any life leech on my items due to needing to cap resists and can't use blood rage (yet) whether its worth perhaps ditching 4 of the life circle passives and path of the warrior and speccing up to the life cluster near dodge which also has 2% life leech. You would get 20% life increase from the cluster offsetting the 4 ditched 5% life nodes, 20+ dexterity (pretty much useless I guess) and the 2% life leech but lose the 12% phys damage and 20+ strength from PoW. But the leech seems important enough to do this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info