[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

"
KaioNS wrote:
Is Culling Strike linked to Leap Slam a must?

I've been think about using a 3L+3L WoE with:
CwDT(high level) + IC + Increase duration
CwDT(low level) + EC + Enfeeble

...and switching Culling Strike to Blood Rage on my gloves:
Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Blood Rage + Blood Magic

With this setup I can switch CwDT gems to Blood Magic whenever I need EC and IC selfcasted.

And if I dont get a kill in ~16 seconds, I just cast Blood Rage again.

So, is this a good idea? Or should I keep Culling Strike linked to Leap Slam?

While culling strike is nice to have, its only really needed for Double Vaal (till a certain point when you can facetank enraged vaal) and you cant use curse on codt for Atziri.

If you dont plan on running Atziri, that setup with curse is definitely better for mapping.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 28, 2014, 1:53:52 PM
Another question :P

I started using Purity of elements to cap resistances. Is it ok to use it or should i use specific ones like you said in your guide ??

currently in gloves as i have nowhere else to put it :P

Last edited by Golfik on Aug 28, 2014, 2:01:59 PM
what masters it is better to select to my hideout?
im using this build at lvl 83 atm and for some reason im only at 73% phys block, and i cant seem to find the 2% im missing anywhere in the tree
Golfik
I haven't tried it myself, but iirc another person wrote a few pages ago that he's using a Hatred+Purity of Elements+Herald of Ash in a mana based setup and it was working well.
I'm thinking about switching to it myself as with dodge and spell dodge resistances are not as important as they were before. Adding Herald would increase the dps and also open up a possibility of switching main attack to mana. And since PoE and HoF are blue and red gems there's always an option of switching back to PoF and PoL when needed.

redmancunian
I find Vagan, Elreon, Haku and Zana to be the most useful masters not just for this, but for any melee build. You can always ask some of your friends or guildmates you trust to craft something for you if you need some other master for some item mod.
Vorici is very useful, but i cant recommend adding him to hideout as he wouldn't see much use with this build.

derrurak
If you're using mana version without acrobatics, it caps at 73% block and spellblock. There's 2% block node is next to acrobatics which blood magic variant is taking to reach max block/spellblock.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 28, 2014, 3:06:57 PM
"
ogrec wrote:
Golfik
I haven't tried it myself, but iirc another person wrote a few pages ago that he's using a Hatred+Purity of Elements+Herald of Ash in a mana based setup and it was working well.
I'm thinking about switching to it myself as with dodge and spell dodge resistances are not as important as they were before. Adding Herald would increase the dps and also open up a possibility of switching main attack to mana. And since PoE and HoF are blue and red gems there's always an option of switching back to PoF and PoL when needed.

I was thinking similar as well. Removing 2 40% auras for 1 25% auras (if you can cap resists with gear) you could probably run on mana. You can craft a ring with -mana cost to help. Also, the Int issue won't be there as neither herald requires more than 66int.

Herald of ash seems best especially if using added fire and fire from wings.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
ogrec wrote:
Toorinroor
Chech the run here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYriqrsLZc

Even thou i use blood rage for mapping, there are few occasions when i exchange is for life leech gem, mainly for apex of sacrifice and for Palace Dominus.
About apex, i skip trash mobs without blood rage and i use blood rage only in double vaal fight. In triboss fight immortal call, regen and flasks are enough to keep you alive until A'alai is dead, after that tentacle miscreations she spawns are enough to provide healing in combination with The Anvil (it has a mod that gives ~30-40 hp on block and due to 78% block it provides a lot of instant healing). For Atziri i switch melee splash with life leech gem. It has two benefits:
1) it gives more dps since there's no damage reduction from melee splash anymore
2) due to quality on it leech rate cap is higher (24% compared to 20%) and regeneration, which is usually used to support blood rage, is now entirely used to regen life; with that setup its possible to reach almost 30% life pool regeneration per second (life leech + regeneration)

thanks for the fast reply mate... i will try your build with no bloodrage (so not chaos gear) and see what happen...
Amazing build thank you for the time you have put into it. I would not be enjoying this game nearly as much if it was not for these builds.

LvL 78 Rampage duelist Cleave - Multi - Added Fire - Increased area effect(maping/AOE)/ Concentrated effect(Boss/single target)

Cleave/Multi/Fire lvl 18 Q-0 || IAE lvl 17 Q0 || CE lvl 17 Q7

AOE Damage with 0/3 frenzy 19,851.5 mana 46
Aoe Damage with 3/3 frenzy 21,306.8

Single Dmg with 0/3 frenzy 32,124 mana 47
Single Dmg with 3/3 frenzy 34,511.2

Hatred - Ash - P of Elements - Reduced mana | All lvl 18 - mana res 504 141/645

having no issues with mana/life/res so far. Farming Dom and full party lvl 70-72 maps without issue 2% mana leech on a ring Life leech from blood rage

Just posting for some people who might be on the fence about the mana build. I think its great so far. It feels like the AOE is a lot bigger then my standard duelist with DS/splashQ20. I plan on testing a bit with my standard toon a bit later. I haven't played him since patch.

This is my gear and build so far. The build is a work in progress im still leveling so its a little messed up and I was getting wrecked be for i had WoE/Bor so i got acrobatics.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAA4cFtQlYDF8UUhUgFy8Y2xutHKcdyiP2JKon7SjbKk0s6TBxMHw0kzWSNe826TpCOu08LT8nR35KfUrIS3hNkk4qUUdTpVXWVvpZ81uvXLBjcGTnZU1l8GaeZ6BsFm20bmluqnBycql1TnzZfXWApIFBhNmHGYd2jX2Nv5AKmSujiqaNrKq18rZBtz69gb6nwBrBi8S4xPbGrtN-0_zUI9X42L3bp90N3ajd59_v42ruDu967-P60vxL_MX-Cv66

Gear

Spoiler

Keep up the good work and thanks again for the build.

I may have messed up my tree a little bit... Anyone have a respecc solution to get me back on track?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwDhwlYDF8UUhUgGNsbrRv6HKcdyiLiI_Yl3yftKNsppSpNLOkxnjSTNZI17zrhOu08LT8nR35H4kp9SshNkk3jTipTpVb6WfNbr1ywY3BlTWXwZ6BsFm20bmluqnBycql1TngNfNl9dYFBhNmHGYd2jX2QCpBVmSujiqQZpDmmV6aNqW6sqrXytkG3Pr2Bvoq-p8AawYvEFcT2xq7QgdN-0_zYvdun3Q3f7-4O73rv4_JF_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

Also below is my current gear :) any comments welcome as to how im able to improve :D
Spoiler

Currently DPS with lvl15 cleave (hatred on): 19k
What came first Mcdonalds or KFC?
Last edited by xAvengingAngelx on Aug 28, 2014, 8:15:14 PM
"
I may have messed up my tree a little bit... Anyone have a respecc solution to get me back on track?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwDhwlYDF8UUhUgGNsbrRv6HKcdyiLiI_Yl3yftKNsppSpNLOkxnjSTNZI17zrhOu08LT8nR35H4kp9SshNkk3jTipTpVb6WfNbr1ywY3BlTWXwZ6BsFm20bmluqnBycql1TngNfNl9dYFBhNmHGYd2jX2QCpBVmSujiqQZpDmmV6aNqW6sqrXytkG3Pr2Bvoq-p8AawYvEFcT2xq7QgdN-0_zYvdun3Q3f7-4O73rv4_JF_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

Also below is my current gear :) any comments welcome as to how im able to improve :D
Spoiler

Currently DPS with lvl15 cleave (hatred on): 19k

I see that you are going for armor base which to me is a bit odd. As a dual wielding duelist there is no way you can gather enough armor to make it work. I rather you go for his original dodge build.

As for your gear, simply master craft them to add HP. I see that most of your armor has a HP slot left which is really lucky for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info