[INV #2 SHADOW] ST COC AB+Arc, WHO DOES #2 WORK FOR? +Alluring Abyss!

Could this work with a 5l lorica?
"
reaperpi wrote:
Could this work with a 5l lorica?

Yes it would work but be a little limited. Doable in a softcore league. You'd give up an enormous amount of either single target or mob pack damage by either giving up Arc or Arctic Breath.
@BeerPact
"
eXileris wrote:
Could you update your gear on the front page if you did change it.

Thanks! :]

Okay. Updated. Newish tree, some changed gear incl. super havoc dagger, running temp shield now for 62/75% attack/spell block. Dagger + mind drinker permits much lower free mana (still need clarity.)
@BeerPact
"
muir wrote:

This made me LOL. XD
Excellent build. I sold my Windripper after I discovered dagger is the way to go.
However, as I'm re-rolling a shadow for this, I found out that I cann't live without
increased projectile speed for ST. Without access to a node, for the moment I'm
resolving to wear this
So, I'm wondering how are you coping with it if you had the access to increased
projectile speed node before you switched from life build?

"
thraenus wrote:
Excellent build. I sold my Windripper after I discovered dagger is the way to go.
However, as I'm re-rolling a shadow for this, I found out that I cann't live without
increased projectile speed for ST. Without access to a node, for the moment I'm
resolving to wear this
So, I'm wondering how are you coping with it if you had the access to increased
projectile speed node before you switched from life build?

Its not needed, I found with only ballistic mastery (20%) I would consistently be standing well inside ideal range. With 0% that ideal range is always within the screen and I think this is more useful and more natural.

As an aside I dont think your goal should be to offscreen things, it is sketchy early on vs reflect and lthorns (until you get higher max resists and spell block) and it is not practical vs many bosses in anycase.

The problem with using that amulet is you give up an enormous amount of spell dmg mitigation (spell block = less damage over a given timeframe) and makes you feel squishy which encourages you to stay even further away.. kind of a downward spiral. I think ths build is most effective when played aggressively but you have to have the confidence to do so.
@BeerPact
Post-apocalypse survival mode... The bare minimum. ZERO SNAPSHOT.

Sorry GGG, nerf will not be noticed.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Jun 20, 2014, 9:28:20 PM
LOL

@BeerPact

"

Its not needed, I found with only ballistic mastery (20%) I would consistently be standing well inside ideal range. With 0% that ideal range is always within the screen and I think this is more useful and more natural.

As an aside I dont think your goal should be to offscreen things, it is sketchy early on vs reflect and lthorns (until you get higher max resists and spell block) and it is not practical vs many bosses in anycase.

The problem with using that amulet is you give up an enormous amount of spell dmg mitigation (spell block = less damage over a given timeframe) and makes you feel squishy which encourages you to stay even further away.. kind of a downward spiral. I think ths build is most effective when played aggressively but you have to have the confidence to do so.

Yeah, I'm getting owned by reflect. My thing with increased projectile speed isn't really about
range. I just hate to watch spectral rotates slowly in the air. Is spell block the key to avoid
being owned by reflect?

Last edited by thraenus on Jun 21, 2014, 8:19:28 PM
"
thraenus wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting owned by reflect. My thing with increased projectile speed isn't really about
range. I just hate to watch spectral rotates slowly in the air. Is spell block the key to avoid
being owned by reflect?

That and high max resists w/ purity auras (+7) and witch flask pots up (+13).

I have 70 spell block and I do notice reflect if I do not have pots up on a reflect map; not so much vs reflect packs because they tend to die so fast they can only reflect a small amount of damage that gets through spell block.

The scariest moments are if you lay into a reflect pack on a reflect map next to an allies cannot die totem... if your pots are down for that you are going to melt** even with 70% sp block.

EDIT: Lightning thorns is completely ignorable w/o pots, though I have not had the guts* to deliberately spam into a crowd of Promenade lightning thorns yet... she casts an extremely high level of the spell.

* explained in this video

** Note I didnt have pots up before hand.. the game crashed and I think what happened is I did get pots off just in time and I healed on the server from there until it registered I had left.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Jun 21, 2014, 11:52:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info