[INV #2 SHADOW] ST COC AB+Arc, WHO DOES #2 WORK FOR? +Alluring Abyss!

How did you level until the respec to CI? any advices?
"
reaperpi wrote:
wow this looks really interesting. I'm running a flubby ele throw build right now, how is this working for you?

Working very well, I think the build is well balanced in all respects. It will not facetank the highest physical damage in the game, but I don't think many w/ less than 50k armour will do so either. I don't do manual cast IC, though you could spec into the adjacent buff duration nodes and do so if you had more str on gear than I do to run level 20 EC/IC gems.

"
How did you level until the respec to CI? any advices?

This is not a CI build, it's low life. Though you could do CI if you wanted.

I ran this character with life up until about level 91 then finally was able to trade for a Shavs and go Low Life.

Life build looks like this.

Don't neglect (spell) block, it is an excellent way to mitigate damage along with Acro/Phase Acro/Eva/Ondars, and basically the way you deal with reflect and light thorns (+ having high resists with flasks.)

I used thief's torment to deal with mana. It also synergizes well with LGOH which I used instead of Life Leech. Very very fast healing.

"
what are you casting to go low life? gems/links?

Auras like disc, grace, clarity.

"
Do you know how it compares to a spectral throw dmg build?

Possibly stronger due to the ability to use EE, which in combination with Ele Weakness offers extremely high resistance reduction. COC with two different elements and having a third on your spectral throw (in my cast some fire damage on a ring) allows EE to work extremely efficiently.

I think Arc is excellent for covering packs of monsters and shock stacking everything, beyond the range or direction of spectral throw (e.g., around corners) and GMP Arc Breath now has really strong shotgun damage with the buff to Arc Breath.

Versus monsters w/ no elemental resistance, low life crown of eyes with really super dagger is probably better damage vs single target.

Having two other spells along with spec throw all critting means flasks fill instantly, so you can 70% quicksilver flask run (which is +91% run speed with the witch flask nodes) and have tons of eva or armour, and +13% max resists essentially permanently.
@BeerPact
Are you able to run all these auras with just the aura reservation nodes? Also would this build be viable going into all the ES before I acquire a shav's? Right now I am using a tabula with chaos res on it :)
"
what are you casting to go low life? gems/links?

"
Auras like disc, grace, clarity.

you mean snapshotting with malachai's simula?
"
kaij1919 wrote:
Are you able to run all these auras with just the aura reservation nodes? Also would this build be viable going into all the ES before I acquire a shav's? Right now I am using a tabula with chaos res on it :)

Put covenant on, do life auras. Jump into instance, put shavs on, do remaining auras. Pretty std low life aura setup.

I would recommend using Solaris Lorica if you dont have shavs. You will be down about 1500 es, but you're still talking roughly 5500-6k which is stronger than the life based variants and allows you to use low life abilities and auras on life which are very strong. You will definately want high es boots, gloves, helm in this scenario and you might want to spend more points in ES nodes.
@BeerPact
Seems the picture of your defences are taken in normal mode.
im interested in what your defences are in merc, without anyone elses buffs/aura's. not using your flasks.
You're An Inspiration For Birth Control.
"
Arutam wrote:
Seems the picture of your defences are taken in normal mode.
im interested in what your defences are in merc, without anyone elses buffs/aura's. not using your flasks.

That is in merc, solo.

Pots are up essentially permanently so this is with pots active, yes.

Here is w/o pots active:

@BeerPact
So those witch flask nodes thing will always keep your flasks running? or is that just you killing stuff constantly?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
So those witch flask nodes thing will always keep your flasks running? or is that just you killing stuff constantly?

High CC + COC + the Surgeons prefix means they are always full, even vs single target.

Sometimes I press a pot key and it fills so fast I don't even see the pot empty.

The witch nodes add 30% to the buffs from flasks, which is very strong (+3% max res, +15% resist each element per flask, +900 base armour, +~28% Armour, +21% movement speed.)
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on May 31, 2014, 2:05:17 PM
Anychance you'll be streaming someday soon? would liek to tune in and ask a few questions while seeing it in full action, not just in videos :)
You're An Inspiration For Birth Control.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info