[INV #2 SHADOW] ST COC AB+Arc, WHO DOES #2 WORK FOR? +Alluring Abyss!

Good to know. Thanx for all that. One more question tho, do you really bother to cast all the auras every time you enter an instance? I don't think i can do this. To use blood magic to run 2 auras on life you seem to need to get another mana reduce node. Am i correct?
With that dagger... have you considered dropping life leech and adding something like crit dmg? I think you would increase you dmg output a good deal by throwing in something like increased critical dmg...

Of course its HC
"
thraenus wrote:
Good to know. Thanx for all that. One more question tho, do you really bother to cast all the auras every time you enter an instance? I don't think i can do this. To use blood magic to run 2 auras on life you seem to need to get another mana reduce node. Am i correct?

I use blood magic as noted in previous post for two auras (+ low level clarity) on life, for general mapping and farming.

I gear and gem snapshot for Atziri and Uber Atziri Vaals just to be damn sure. No passives.

@BeerPact
"
reaperpi wrote:
With that dagger... have you considered dropping life leech and adding something like crit dmg? I think you would increase you dmg output a good deal by throwing in something like increased critical dmg...

Of course its HC

Noted.
@BeerPact
If I were to go CI using Chayula in place of Lazwhar and using strides to make up for the loss in spell block, do you think it would work out?
"
startingova wrote:
If I were to go CI using Chayula in place of Lazwhar and using strides to make up for the loss in spell block, do you think it would work out?

It wouldn't make up for it, you'd be around 96% of your attack block which would be 54% w/ any Chayula or 58% if you have a 4% corrupted one. I think the difference between 70 sp block and ~56% is fairly large maybe offset by the larger ES pool.

However, you'd also be spending 5 more points to go into CI so you'd have to sacrifice something else.

You wouldn't want to sacrifice damage or attack speed because w/o low life you're going to be very very slow (~3.x aps vs 5 aps... yes blood rage is worth this much) and you won't have PA.

You'll also need more strength and dex on other gear w/o Lioneye's. To top it off you'd only be able to run 4 auras which means even less attack speed, no evasion, AND giving up huge max resists on at least one element.

So overall just nowhere near as effective.
@BeerPact
"
muir wrote:
"
startingova wrote:

It wouldn't make up for it, you'd be around 96% of your attack block which would be 54% w/ any Chayula or 58% if you have a 4% corrupted one. I think the difference between 70 sp block and ~56% is fairly large maybe offset by the larger ES pool.

However, you'd also be spending 5 more points to go into CI so you'd have to sacrifice something else.

You wouldn't want to sacrifice damage or attack speed because w/o low life you're going to be very very slow (~3.x aps vs 5 aps... yes blood rage is worth this much) and you won't have PA.

You'll also need more strength and dex on other gear w/o Lioneye's. To top it off you'd only be able to run 4 auras which means even less attack speed, no evasion, AND giving up huge max resists on at least one element.

Well let's say on a budget without Shavs, which 4 auras would you run? And CI would cost less points for me as I do not intend to take the flask effect nodes as well as PA (scrubcore<3). I can't link the gear I intend to run as I play on Garena server but I do have a 8xxEV/683ES chest, T1Crit/APS Ambusher with sufficient attributes and accuracy on my accessories. Would you think that's enough for me to at least enjoy the build? Oh and on a side note, why do you choose LMP over GMP?
Last edited by startingova on Jun 25, 2014, 8:35:07 AM
"
startingova wrote:
"
muir wrote:
"
startingova wrote:

Well let's say on a budget without Shavs, which 4 auras would you run? And CI would cost less points for me as I do not intend to take the flask effect nodes as well as PA (scrubcore<3). I can't link the gear I intend to run as I play on Garena server but I do have a 8xxEV/683ES chest, T1Crit/APS Ambusher with sufficient attributes and accuracy on my accessories. Would you think that's enough for me to at least enjoy the build? Oh and on a side note, why do you choose LMP over GMP?

Yes it will work and you will have fun. I'd run POF, POL, Haste, and Disc. This assumes you can mana leech enough.. probably not w/o acuity so you will need a med to high level Clarity... you may be more susceptible to reflect without POI or witch flask nodes.. If you need clarity, drop POF.

LMP is better for single target, GMP better for trash clearing. I just run LMP almost all the time because I'm levelling the gem.
@BeerPact
Nice build, RMT/10

No but seriously great build, you've got some insane items there,
I like how this build is actually quite unique.

keep it up!
thank you so much for sharing this. even tho my ranger is far from optimal treewise (so many wasted points ugh), its working great even with a lorica and therefore huge cut in effective es. im at only 4,8k es, but its totally fine even for atziri (except trio can be tricky w/o acuity and my little pool!).
i respec'd a ton and this is my current no-snapshot tree as ranger:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEMfQ5IDlwQdBB_EZYWQBcvGYoaMhqPHNwdFB2qHoEksCjFKPospi2DL280CjdmO-E8jkNjRX5GcUcGS41MNVFgVdZWLVfJWPVZ81yKXfJfamNDZOdmT2aebRlvnnBScFZwfXC7cNVxTXvXf8aApIFJgwmFfYbRiEKPRo_6kBuQ1pJ9kyeXBphvmhOaz5u1naOdxKKjpwinK6mVrH-v67I4tAy3MbiTwBrAUcHFwfPC7MM6w23GnspK2RPb1Nvn4Yji9-OE5c_n6uq66-7sGPId87722vkz-tL7Cfyr_xw=

gear as of now:
Spoiler

white socket paws come in very handy for atziri to snapshot and get grace up.
thanks again for sharing. awesome stuff!

p.s. im still unsure about EE in my setup, i lucked my dagger with a few chaos (!!!) but with paws being BiS by miles there's no way i can only penetrate 1 resist at a time, so i always end with +25/+25/-50 - any thoughts on this?
p.s.s. new potential EE viable dagger just chaosed
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
Last edited by kalktresor on Jun 28, 2014, 9:17:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info