I know more people that left because PoE is easy.

"
morbo wrote:
Everything one can do through playing the aRPG, a trader can do 10x better, more efficient or faster.
False. I'm not going to go around saying trading doesn't make things faster, because it does. In some cases, it even makes some tasks 10x faster/more efficient; I'll grant you that too. But it's not everything, and for your average trader (meaning: not crafty enough to flip), it's overall a less than 2x multiplier.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
Everything one can do through playing the aRPG, a trader can do 10x better, more efficient or faster.
False. I'm not going to go around saying trading doesn't make things faster, because it does. In some cases, it even makes some tasks 10x faster/more efficient; I'll grant you that too. But it's not everything, and for your average trader (meaning: not crafty enough to flip), it's overall a less than 2x multiplier.

Well, unless they RMT, then it can be a lot more than 10x faster. Let's not ignore RMT as an issue here, please?:)

P.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

So, which is that thing a non-trader can do faster / better / more efficient, than a trader, in a league where you can trade? Name one.

(killing Hillock as first in a league, doesn't really count as example)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on May 20, 2014, 6:07:27 AM
Farming stash tab of fusings is arguably not hardcore, it is just weeks of time wasted.

And if I by some miracle 6L my chest, I'd put IIQ gem in there to farm my next stash tab of fusings faster.

Because there is no choice.
Path of Blue Maps is wrong, I fully agree.
It is like impossible to die.
It gives same or even more XP.
RIP mods give nothing.

boss runs is another stupid idea from D2, right?
You do know, you could have just been lucky right?

The chest and weapon you linked for example. If those are self-found or self-crafted, you got extremely lucky and this creates the illusion of ease.

Just like some people get unlucky and feel this sucks for them, so people will exist with the opposite sentiments, getting lucky and not wanting it.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Yes, they do. (Watch until 11:20.)

I think you're the one who should watch it. The numbers don't lie, the people does. According to the percentage (numbers) said in the video, only 25-27% wants dark and rich coffee. The people lies when they ask for dark,rich coffee when what they really want is milky and less rich coffee. So there.

"
syrioforel wrote:
People do.

Yes, hence the the statement; numbers don't lie. People and numbers are different thing.

"
Perq wrote:
By saying this you imply that they care. Else why would you post it?

More people left because it was too hard (for them). In the end, game is marked as "hardcore", right? So, your point being?

Yes I know you won't get the point and I totally understand that.

If it is not much to ask, the three of you, can you guys please keep the discussion on topic and focus on the original post. If you have nothing to reply on the original post discussion, please stop quoting my post and making yourself looks like [removed by support]. Thanks.
"
Boem wrote:
You do know, you could have just been lucky right?

The chest and weapon you linked for example. If those are self-found or self-crafted, you got extremely lucky and this creates the illusion of ease.

Just like some people get unlucky and feel this sucks for them, so people will exist with the opposite sentiments, getting lucky and not wanting it.

I crafted the sword from scratch, IAS+max Light regaled max fire yolo exalted it out. Remove the 3 mods that were cheap to craft and the sword is useless.

Chest I found minus the cold res, socket and linked myself.

In the past 2 1/2 years, I have been truly "lucky" one time, finding a Crown of Eyes. Given the probabilities of other situations I fell within the average range.

I went a full year without a 6 link at all, no drop, no craft, nothing. Then I found a 6L E-Shield chest, really low base, but it was exciting, found another later. Then I pushed myself to craft my own. Domination was my first 6L I had fused myself, it took 1.5k fuses, about 1 1/2 months worth of currency, the feeling wasn't "finally..." it was "Omfg! yay!", so Ambush came, I went about fusing the same way I did towards the end of Domination, fused that chest I linked in like about 700, and a Daressos in 600, which I loaned to a guild mate.

You can call it whatever you want, I enjoy working towards something, even if I don't get it. I wear a 5L while I fuse a 6L on another chest, so if I don't hit it I am not naked, and it pushes me to grind out some more AND keep an eye out for a chest with better stats to 6L.

The thing I like about fusing, is the randomness. If I dumped fuses into a mediocre chest and it had some sort of increased probability for each one used, I don't get a 6L and find a different chest that is better, I would feel "pot committed" to finishing the first. Where each fusing is 1:1000 (about), so it doesn't matter which one I try for next, the odds are the same.

Also, on the subject of lucky/unlucky, isn't it odd that at the top of the ladders is mainly the same players? Fusing lotteries help them, but they still had to get the currency to pay out. I have never been absolutely stuck because I was unlucky. Then again I am not trying to make a low life build that uses Shavronnes Wrappings when I don't have the currency or Shavs yet.
TBH, I can't agree with anything the OP has written. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but, for example, in 2 years of playing I haven't found a single 6l and every attempt to craft one resulted in an empty stash and a 3l. The same applies to pretty much every other point.

You make it sound like you get everything handed on the silver platter once you have reached the end-game but in my experience it is exactly the other way around. Extremely grindy and unrewarding.
Still waiting to here how increasing the drop rates of mid range uniques is such a bad thing for a player.

Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info