I know more people that left because PoE is easy.

I'd get rid of the desyncs
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
> fusings follow geometric distribution which has variance comparable to average

and of course probability numbers aren't published

presumably so Joe Casual won't die from heart attack
but players who don't mind farming tons of orbs are left in void

they don't know how much they need to farm to achieve end result with high probability

some numbers are roughly understood

but I don't think anyone knows how much it takes to 4 offcolor Shavs or regular chest
Last edited by CCR5 on May 20, 2014, 9:25:02 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
Still waiting to here how increasing the drop rates of mid range uniques is such a bad thing for a player.

Stryker I have answered this twice in this thread. It isn't so much the increase of UC and Rare uniques, but the huge gap that currently sits between Rare and Ultra Rare being made even larger. You may aspire to find mid tier loot and be happy, I like when something drops to have value, whether its my own value or the economic value.

Also, I PM'd you to not derail a different thread on how, especially with your stance on trading, that you could be happier finding 2x as much sellable stuff that you don't need to trade more at a depreciated value. Do you really think you are going to find the exact item you need before you can buy it, let alone STILL not find it?

Ultra rares buff is so negligable compared to the current drop rate 28 now vs 34 shavs later? On top of the fact the gap is being made larger I predict the prices will rise or at least stay the same.

I am all honkey dorey having impossible items, the cream of the crop, but I am not fine with there being no logical "steps" leading up to them. Even now the gap between them is large.

"
CCR5 wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
The thing I like about fusing, is the randomness.

fusings follow geometric distribution which has variance comparable to average

such high variance plays badly with general public's understanding of low probabilities
and is especially noticeable with 6L

you need full stash tab of fusings to link something more or less reliably

how many of players ever seen full stash tab of fusings?

the fact that "hardcore" crowd resort to lotteries shows that flat probability fusing process is dumpster trash

with increased probability with each fuse (but keeping average amount the same)
player at least feels that each fuse is not wasted

currently each fuse except final one is wasted

it also leads to retarded cases like ~6000 fuses some players experienced

I probably went 10k+ fuses without a 6L, and wasn't bitter. I knew I was shooting to win the lottery when I applied the fuses.

I like the system, we even have a way to lock our 5L's with eternals to roll back if the 6L fails. I get that you don't like it, and others don't like it, but there are some who do, and I am one of them.

"
kruemel2222 wrote:
TBH, I can't agree with anything the OP has written. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but, for example, in 2 years of playing I haven't found a single 6l and every attempt to craft one resulted in an empty stash and a 3l. The same applies to pretty much every other point.

You make it sound like you get everything handed on the silver platter once you have reached the end-game but in my experience it is exactly the other way around. Extremely grindy and unrewarding.

The game was like this back in CB, and you supported, it was still similar in OB and you donated, between mid OB and now the game has been made easier and easier. You came here for a hardcore ARPG, GGG didn't tell you "we are making this shit easier later, just bear with us" back then, yet you stayed. Why all of a sudden do you claim it to be grindy and unrewarding with it was WORSE back then?

I agree to a point, it is grindy, thats the root of an ARPG. Grind out craft mats, grind out gear, kill stuff, grind mats, grind gear, kill stuff faster.

Mapping is unrewarding in terms of the actual loot that drops, when put into comparison with boss farming. Honestly if you don't care about XP, there is no reason for you to ever map when you can just have Dominus serve you loot buffets all day without investing currency to run him.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 20, 2014, 9:27:40 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Stryker I have answered this twice in this thread. It isn't so much the increase of UC and Rare uniques, but the huge gap that currently sits between Rare and Ultra Rare being made even larger. You may aspire to find mid tier loot and be happy, I like when something drops to have value, whether its my own value or the economic value.

Those uniques will still have value, even if its not as much I completely disagree with you that players will be unhappy or "miserable" at finding better uniques than crown of thorns all day. They will at least be finding more stuff that's not only interesting for new builds but also end game viable. That's a good thing.

"
Also, I PM'd you to not derail a different thread on how, especially with your stance on trading, that you could be happier finding 2x as much sellable stuff that you don't need to trade more at a depreciated value. Do you really think you are going to find the exact item you need before you can buy it, let alone STILL not find it?

Of course I would. I can't buy everything, I'm not a money pit. But I can be inspired to make new builds by actually FINDING good stuff at a decent rate. The economy is always going to be king while the game is centered on trading, that will never change without a self found league. But at least players can feel a bit more rewarded with decent uniques occasionally.

Standard Forever
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
I like the system, we even have a way to lock our 5L's with eternals to roll back if the 6L fails.

you also know it is a waste of eternal :-)
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Those uniques will still have value, even if its not as much I completely disagree with you that players will be unhappy or "miserable" at finding better uniques than crown of thorns all day. They will at least be finding more stuff that's not only interesting for new builds but also end game viable. That's a good thing.

"

Of course I would. I can't buy everything, I'm not a money pit. But I can be inspired to make new builds by actually FINDING good stuff at a decent rate. The economy is always going to be king while the game is centered on trading, that will never change without a self found league. But at least players can feel a bit more rewarded with decent uniques occasionally.

I gave my reasoning, the gap is the biggest issue. All of the decent (once every 2 weeks?) finds are going to drop twice as often, and lose value. I look forward to finding these valuable items. The value is based off the economy. Whether I use it or not, the piece has a price on it, it saves my X currency from buying one, or I sell it for X currency to get something I need. With that X being lower, and that is the best realistic loot to find, it sucks.

Say the highest rare goes for 5ex, it drops twice as often but still desired so it doesn't get cut in half so lets say that moves to 3ex.

So now, between this 3ex rare and a 30ex shavs/kaoms/molj compared to a 5ex:30ex ratio, is a REALLY shit feeling in my book.

"
CCR5 wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
I like the system, we even have a way to lock our 5L's with eternals to roll back if the 6L fails.

you also know it is a waste of eternal :-)

Depends what I am rolling and if I found or bought the eternal. If it was a unique chest that I needed and didn't have a spare to roll, yes I would eternal it, but I would have a TON of fusings to roll that 6L lol.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 20, 2014, 9:41:11 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
Still waiting to here how increasing the drop rates of mid range uniques is such a bad thing for a player.

I think your real problem here isn't the improved drop rates. I believe the problem is a horrid trade system. If we had a real trade platform in PoE, you could easily move twice the goods with quarter the effort, and selling 2 items instead of 1 would be an irrelevant change.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

I think your real problem here isn't the improved drop rates. I believe the problem is a horrid trade system. If we had a real trade platform in PoE, you could easily move twice the goods with quarter the effort, and selling 2 items instead of 1 would be an irrelevant change.

They need to put powerful uniques such as Lightning Coil, that aren't build enablers in between Ultra Rare and where the Rares are going. So you know you can get stuff in between and have something to actually look forward to.

Trade is already as easy as it can get without having a built in auction house.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 20, 2014, 9:49:33 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

They need to put powerful uniques such as Lightning Coil, that aren't build enablers in between Ultra Rare and where the Rares are going. So you know you can get stuff in between and have something to actually look forward to.

Trade is already as easy as it can get without having a built in auction house.

I agree with the new tier idea, as it would help diminish the gap, but trade is archaic as it could possibly be. Not to say it's hard, but it's rather time consuming (as in, you have to be online to do it, and it's a constant interruption in playing the game). It's as 'easy' as an indexer, forum updates, and face to face trading can be. Which is to say, it's crap.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
You having to do a bit more trading is a good trade off for the average player to have a decent shot at finding a good unique once in awhile.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info