I know more people that left because PoE is easy.

[Removed by Support]
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on May 24, 2014, 12:05:18 PM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

This will be the 2nd game (HoN was first) where I was presented a vision and in the end let down. Both times, players installed the games knowing they were "hardcore" for the genres, yet still felt the need to push both into what they weren't intended to be, or at least what I was told it would be.

To GGG: If you want a fantastic example of where you are heading talk to Marc Deforest, owner of S2 Games (Heroes of Newerth). He tried pleasing everyone, screwed his loyal customers, in doing so, lost the hardcore crowd to Dota 2 AND the casual crowd to League of Legends. Now scrounging for anything he can, working on Strife, an even more casual MOBA (more so than LoL), since his decisions killed HoN.

This is in the wrong section I think, probably should be in feedback, but I am not re-typing this again. At least for myself, the only reason I'm here eating your carrots, when you told me green beans is because there's no more food in the pantry, but I'm about to go grocery shopping.

tl;dr: Most of my friends list quit over how simple and easy PoE has become and NOT due to progression, gear checks, gated content or RNG.

Heroes of Newerth failed miserably because they allowed the opinions of high level players to hold too much sway over how balancing should be. Testie, Jah, EternalEnvy, Tralf, Trixie, etc. all had way too much say in how the game should be balanced (especially early with Chu, Testie, Tabako, Warden, etc.) and resulted in the fucked up game that it was. Then you had incompetent balance members like JohnnyUtah (formerly Remstar in Dota 1), and then Dancing or w/e the fuck his name was who got stomped by my CAL-I team routinely in DotA 1.

The game failed because the balance was completely awful and one sided/slanted towards a bunch of elitists that are pretty much nobodies in DotA 2 now (with exception of Hanni and his team / EternalEnvy). IceFrog succeeds because he doesn't take professional player opinion as the be all end all of opinions. He has his own set of super testers that he has groomed throughout the years who help him balance things out, and the process to become one is not easy.

Changes such as the Torturer changes that reduced his animations, the ridiculous buffs to CM/Glacius, along with a few other changes (such as jacking around with Valkryie/Mirana which made her 100x better than her DotA 1/DotA 2 counterpart), etc. were all due to 'professional/high level' player feedback. HoN is a perfect example of why you shouldn't listen to your elitist ass community, because it kills your game off. And before you go saying I'm some casual scrub, I used to routinely put Chu and Testie in their place in the closed beta. They were nobodies in DotA, and were only big in HoN because the pond was too small. Once real players started showing up like Levent and Hanni, they quickly became nobodies.

HoN is a perfect example of what GGG should not do, and that's not to listen to the elitist community that has multiple 6Ls/Ultra Rare Uniques that say the game is fine, don't worry about it. Invasion is fine, blah blah blah. The problem is that GGG themselves come from an elitist background, so it's hard for them to not listen to opinions that actually are quite similar to theirs. Issue is that you just kill off your game this way. Both DoTA 2 and League of Legends are incredibly popular because they do to a certain extent cater to their casual players (LoL more than DotA 2, but plenty of changes have been in made in DotA specifically because a certain hero dominated pubs way too much).

The game was more popular back when you say it was shit. You can bring up the early days to compare and that's where the game was at its prime. You cannot say that heroes weren't nerfed because of noobs, look at Monkey King, Predator, Lego, Flux and RA. They were easy to focus down in teams, yet the casual/solo queue players got them pushed to garbage tier. So then, smurfing wasn't fun, noobs didn't feel powerful and the competitive scene was limited to choosing which hero's of the 20 viable they were going to ban. They also never listened to Testie, JohnnyUtah was terrible I agree, but SBT's were the source for balance, and you only needed to be over 1750 to have a say.

Once the fun hero's were nerfed because "scrubs" couldn't counter and solo queue couldn't get organized. Them turning it F2P, Making legacy accounts pay for early access and nerfing fun hero's. It had nothing to do with the competitive scene, queuing at 1880 was a joke. They promised something and didn't deliver.

Everything you said was when it was at its peak.

I love how you called me elitist when all I want personally is balance. What reason is there to create my own challenge if there is absolutely no increased reward in comparison to the risk I am creating myself? Want me to challenge myself, give me a reason to.

Off-topic: I kinda miss watching moonmeander. :( feels like nostalgia.

You're out of your fucking mind. Puppet Master wasn't nerfed for like 30 patches despite being obscenely broken because Testie refused to allow S2 to nerf the hero, and Testie was good friends with F5 who was apart of RedJedi's balancing team. He would argue stupid shit like Puppet Master didn't need any nerfs despite the fact that his ult went through bkb, he had a disable that turned fights into 6v4s, and had an extra snare, on top of his steroid passive and crazy range/stat gains. There were plenty of times where they just blatantly disregarded common sense and just listened to dumbshit 'pro' players.

Alot of elitist players here make similar arguments that Path of Exile is fine, and yet it is continuously bleeding players yet RoS maintains their numbers after the initial launch drop off. This game is dying, and the reason it is dying is because of poor decision making and balancing. There's a reason why Chris has stepped into the balance team again, and that's because they obviously had a totally different idea of what Chris wanted in terms of balance, or they just weren't fucking listening.
Last edited by allbusiness on May 24, 2014, 12:42:42 PM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"Trash" uniques are trash because they drop far too often. The amount of uniques that drop should be reduced at higher levels, higher in the beginning of the game then tapering down along with the odds of those lower ones dropping in end game.

Yeah no. Some of us actually want to use the items and not just trade them for currency. How often they drop has no effect on weather its good or not for a build I want to make. Reducing the drop rates will just force people into having to trade even more. And for those of us who hate trading many will just leave.
POE runs on $$$ if they don't have $$$ the game will fail so maybe that's why they try to please ppl in general, right? Since someone who just started won't buy 123123tabs... or pets or whatever... so imo ppl that feed GGG with lot's of cash can easily whales :(
"
LikeAJagger wrote:
POE runs on $$$ if they don't have $$$ the game will fail so maybe that's why they try to please ppl in general, right? Since someone who just started won't buy 123123tabs... or pets or whatever... so imo ppl that feed GGG with lot's of cash can easily whales :(

How did you find this thread and why did you feel the need to post in it??
Standard Forever
sry but the OP must be a troll
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
danisonxtc wrote:
sry but the OP must be a troll

All I remember is he went on a tirade about GGG SLIGHTLY buffing unique drops and quit the game. Apparently he returned not too long ago. Maybe now he sees that small change didn't even make a whole lot of a difference. Good uniques are still super hard to find.
Standard Forever
If you want challenge why not play hardcore, I dont understand you, if you played HC this would all be fixed.

Buffing unique drops means NOTHING because people will destroy everything with even the slightest value with vaal orbs, how have you come to this conclusion do you play at all? i see your character is high level, but what do you do? in the end nothing maters because bots/rmt will take over new leagues ( exept hardcore MOSTLY bots stay away from it its MUCH harder) and make the economy shit, casual's get to go play in SC and shit is worth a lot less, like in d2..like in evry single ARPG/game with hardcore dificulty.

tldr: your issue is you want to feel "hardcore" in a softcore league, period. all my friend who had the same Q_Q complaints left to play hardcore and now feel intense joy doing so, they found a "new game" because hardcore is a completely other experience.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info