I know more people that left because PoE is easy.

1. Legacy items: why people care so much if others have uniqs and what they have?
if its too easy when using them, dont use it, or leave league to harder one.

2. Simplified Skill Tree: this is the most ridiculous thing, ever, there ISNT any other game the have anything close to this game tree.... and when people find "best roads" to specific builds (do u even have idea how many different builds there are in this game?) its reasonable, cause people put alot of thoughts to find those out...

3. Map drops: before people complained that map drops were too low.. now this.. lol

4. Boss loot buffs: there is rarity penalty..

5. Eternal Orbs: what is wrong with perfect items after ALOT of investment?, also what do u care what other pepole have? (see no.1 answer)

6. Trade indexers:people can flip even without indexers... they just stay online.. buy cheap.. sell high.... that is ECONOMY .. deal with it or , DONT TRADE.

7. Base item craft buff: not sure what u said here.... lower lvl items are good? or bad... your point isnt clear..

8. 6 link buffs: even with 6l, nothing is "too easy", have u ever played end game? atziri? ubber atziri? piece of cake? plz...

9. Upcoming unique "buff": the "ultra rare" uniq drop rate will also increase.. so your point is invalid. or u want to reduce the not ultra rare uniqs? not sure...

plz reply to these
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
°

9. Upcoming unique "buff": This change is going to turn out exactly like the base item situation. People will be miserable, wondering why the mid/high tier items they find put them even further from the ultra rare ones. They will find twice as many sellable uniques they don't need.

I agree with some of your other points like legacies and eternals but I don't follow this one at all. People are going to be miserable finding better uniques as opposed to crown of thorns type uniques over and over again? Even if the player doesn't need the Tabula, or phoenix, or Binos, don't you think he is just happy finding something nice and useful that he might need in the future? Isn't it better than finding trash ALL the time?

"
The_x_ile wrote:
1. Legacy items: why people care so much if others have uniqs and what they have?

This has been and always will be a bad argument, which happens to be based on a bad assumption.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on May 20, 2014, 2:27:37 AM
I have a bit to say about all this but don't doubt that someone else will say it all better than I can.

I haven't had one single friend quit because the game is to easy. Everyone I know quit due to not being able to sustain higher level maps, rolling on 6 links for MONTHS with no 5 or 6 link - being to broke to continue or roll gear/maps after attempting, or because they couldn't farm or afford the unique they really wanted after months and months of maps run. They had the choice of stop playing, farm lower content for months to be able to continue to play or re-roll a new character or go the RMT route. No one I know that has quit would ever give RMT money so hopefully the changes in crafting combined with the changes to maps and uniques will being these people I love as friends back to the game. Basically everyone I know has quit because of end-game frustrations and they don't want to re-roll knowing they are going to run into the same frustrations, takes the fun out of re-rolling when they know they will hit that same wall without extreme luck. I am a huge advocate of alternate end game, GGG really needs to focus on this.

Recently I talked my very best friend into starting the game. We've been playing together now for about 2 months or so and he wanted to try to 5 link his weapon. My first thought was "oh god, I don't even want to tell him about this, how am I going to make this even remotely sound like it's going to be fun or rewarding to do" So it started an hour long discussion of me trying to explain, make excuses and sugar coat the fact that he could roll a 5 link in a small amount of jeweler orbs and fusings or it could take him the rest of his life to do. I finally just resorted to telling him it would probably be best to farm currency and buy one and he concluded that the crafting system is therefore a bright idea but not really there to be used, look good for new people but not really viable - not what I wanted at all but couldn't really argue it.

THEN 3 days later I had to have the unique discussion as well. "Yeah you might eventually see some of the rarer, really popular most talked about uniques but don't hold your breathe. People playing the game for years haven't looted some of these uniques, pretty much save your currency as you farm - get lucky with a drop or buy one but don't really ever expect to roll a build around a rare unique until you've been playing for quite a long time"

I don't want to have any of those conversations again. They weren't fun to do.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on May 20, 2014, 2:46:26 AM
1. Disagree with this being a significant problem. You can play in temporary leagues if you want to compete against others in a legacy-free environment, and if you don't care about competition you can just keep calm and take the jelly out of your sandwich. On the other hand, effectively taking away items some players have paid (currency) through the nose in order to acquire is not fair to those players.

2. Agree with this being a significant problem. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any bad passive tree nodes, but the primary function of the skill tree should be real and meaningful choice, not the illusion of choice. Illusion of choice should be a secondary function, albeit an important one.

3. Agree with this being a significant problem. However, I should emphasize the problem is not "chaining high maps," because I believe players should be able to do this, but instead "chaining high maps exclusively with easy mods." Although perhaps not a continuous obligation, running with difficult mods should be at least an occasional obligation in order to maintain sustainment.

4. Disagree with this being a significant problem, at least as far as rarity goes. While I might agree that currency farming using such techniques could be a problem, higher maps have exclusive access to higher itemlevel items, which in turn means better possible affixes. If they're just farming for Alt shards, let them; if the Chaos recipe level requirement is too low, increase it.

5. Agree with this being a significant problem. Simply put, Eternals shouldn't be in the game.

6. Disagree with this being a significant problem. If indexers make trading too easy, then the actual fault lies in the item system for being too simple to quantify on a consensus basis... not on a third party for publishing that consensus.

7. I'm confused; please elaborate.

8. Disagree with this being a significant problem. Tabula Rasa is fine, especially considering 6L is the only thing it does and therefore is definitively not BiS for anything. While I see nothing wrong that GGG has done on this front, I will agree the whining about 6Ls in the forums is troublesome; when it comes to the upcoming 6L change, we'll just have to wait and see before we can really comment.

9. Agree with this being a significant problem, assuming we're referring to the doubling of uncommon and rare rates (not the 20% buff to super-rares). It's the design of the items themselves which is paramount, not how often they drop. This is all the more true for the more common uniques, as a player is likely to see multiples of them before they lay eyes on a single Kaom's or Shavronne's.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 20, 2014, 2:35:58 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
syrioforel wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

3) the tree is the best damn thing to happen in aRPG in recent years, and a main reason why I'm still playing.

Yup

The tree was FAR superior before they forced classes down two paths. The idea is great, but it is becoming more like the linear "tree" from d2.

I'd like a larger set of viable choices. The damage mitigation mechanics need a bit of a re-work.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
1. Disagree with this being a significant problem. You can play in temporary leagues if you want to compete against others in a legacy-free environment, and if you don't care about competition you can just keep calm and take the jelly out of your sandwich. On the other hand, effectively taking away items some players have paid (currency) through the nose in order to acquire is not fair to those players.

You honestly think that someone has to compete in order to care about game balance? You see nothing wrong with the devs putting so much work into every other form of game balance EXCEPT imbalanced uniques? So inconsistent.
Standard Forever
"
Oh, okay. The Skilldrasil simplification (particularly with starting areas) is awful, but I don't know anyone who's quit over it, so I think shoe-horning it into this thread is...well, just that.

Yeah, it's not like there other options with a more robust skill tree on the market, begging for attention.

^ Damn, that's easy to read as me being sarcastic. Oh well.
Last edited by syrioforel on May 20, 2014, 2:37:11 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You honestly think that someone has to compete in order to care about game balance? You see nothing wrong with the devs putting so much work into every other form of game balance EXCEPT imbalanced uniques? So inconsistent.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's completely unjustified jealousy; like all jealousy, it's unnecessary, but this doesn't mean I think it's utterly wrong. However, this still needs to be weighed against taking away items from players who have sacrificed much to acquire them, usually through trade. They didn't pay what they paid for a nerfed version, they paid for what the original. Further complicating this is GGG's promise to never again perform a wipe, which was a promise to legacy item holders that their investments would be safe. Unless you have some kind of King Solomon brilliant solution to this problem, I simply don't see a way to resolve it without some degree of injustice on one side or the other; there is no such thing as win-win here. Between the two options, I feel very strongly that the current system for legacy items is the optimal choice. Frankly, because GGG promised, I don't see any other valid course of action at this point.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 20, 2014, 2:45:16 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's completely unjustified jealousy; like all jealousy, it's unnecessary, but this doesn't mean I think it's utterly wrong. However, this still needs to be weighed against taking away items from players who have sacrificed much to acquire them, usually through trade. They didn't pay what they paid for a nerfed version, they paid for what the original. Further complicating this is GGG's promise to never again perform a wipe, which was a promise to legacy item holders that their investments would be safe. Unless you have some kind of King Solomon brilliant solution to this problem, I simply don't see a way to resolve it without some degree of injustice on one side or the other; there is no such thing as win-win here. Between the two options, I feel very strongly that the current system for legacy items is the optimal choice. Frankly, because GGG promised, I don't see any other valid course of action at this point.

Pretty much, yeah.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

The price of GGG making changes to the game is that someone is always going to be unhappy. Is it fair to a player when GGG destroys their build by making gem changes, tree changes, mechanic changes etc etc? Did that player not invest currency into that build which he will lose? The same justification there is the same justification for fixing OP legacies. I understand your point about no more wipes but fixing a legacy is really no where near as extreme as a wipe. You still have the item and that item will still have a lot of value. The nerfed version of Kaom's heart has roughly the same value as the old version did before the legacy talk started and that goes for all legacies if you look at their new version compared to their old counterpart. Someone's always hurt after a change is made but if GGG refuses to fix their mistakes then everyone loses.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on May 20, 2014, 2:58:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info