[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

I have been busy levelling the 2 heralds to ask this specific question.

All you need to be able to equip a herald as a 3rd buff is to take 1 reduction node. So you don't need to take sovereignty all the way. It will be a minimum of 4 nodes. But I don't think an extra 15% of phys damage as fire is worth the nodes.

Thoughts on the heralds:

Herald of ice does not help us at all. There is nothing we do that scales this damage.

Herald of ash is fun to use and the overkill function has some uses but the radius of the herald effect is too small, linking any gems like inc aoe or ele prolif raises the mana reserved so it has to function alone. The overkill damage is good, especially if you crit a mob on very low health, but the burning effect takes about 3-4 seconds to complete so it isn't as effective as it could be. I did some testing with reave and the overkill is actually very good since you're attacking a large area but with the small area of cyclone+conc eff it's not good.

On aside note, if you decide to drop the soul taker for another dagger and run off mana, herald of ash is perfect to take with grace and will leave you about half of your mana to run attacks.

I did some testing with 2 daggers dual strike and 2% mana leech, buffed with grace and ash. It was very effective and I had no mana problems.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
hi, why no 6L carcass jack?
Ty for build i love it
Thanks for your feedback.

6L carcass is awesome, I don't own it so it's not listed here but I have a level 100 friend doing this build with a carcass and he hits 200k in town.

One thing to note us the carcass is DEX/INT based, so getting 3red colours might take few chromes.
Added a mid spec video:

Shipyard 29 Aug 2014
Wander gear now for sale and gonna revive my duelist for this build. Do i buy 6L carcass or Belly? 3off colors on carcass no problem.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrChalyps
"
Wander gear now for sale and gonna revive my duelist for this build. Do i buy 6L carcass or Belly? 3off colors on carcass no problem.

I would chose belly.

The carcass gives 12% area damage, this applies to physical and ele damage, so probably the equivalent to taking 2-3 dps nodes on the tree. Belly gives +30-40% life, the equivalent to 5-8 nodes on the tree.

With my setup with the belly, I can survive almost all one shot damage except palace dominus smash and atziri double flame blast. Also, I can take more deflected phys damage.

If you removed some life nodes to be equal in life to carcass, and you put those nodes into dps, you would get more dps in the end with the belly. DPS is already strong with a belly and 400 life is way more useful.

Hi Fisqst been playing on rampage and just got a Soul taker thanks for the awesome build, had a question and was wondering your thought on Cherubins maleficence unique and the life leech rate do you think its a viable alternative to belly/lightning coil? I know that belly would still add a lot more HP but just wanted to hear ur thoughts on the item
"
hotpopusa wrote:
Hi Fisqst been playing on rampage and just got a Soul taker thanks for the awesome build, had a question and was wondering your thought on Cherubins maleficence unique and the life leech rate do you think its a viable alternative to belly/lightning coil? I know that belly would still add a lot more HP but just wanted to hear ur thoughts on the item

Hi, thanks for the interest.

That new chest looks great if you deal chaos damage, but we don't so that stat is wasted.
The life on the chest is nice but it doesn't have any defences like resistance or damage mitigation.
The leech speed seems useful but altogether that great.

The chest is new so the price is quite high, the price to benefit ratio right now is crap and there are much better chests available.

If you like the chest, using a voltaxic rift with it would be excellent
Hi, can i get an advice about which items should i upgrade first to increase DPS?

Current gear under spoiler.
80 lvl
Life ~2740
DPS ~19.7k under hatred
I'm using life leech in 5l coil because without it i die so often that i can't even lvl up.

I suppose i should get doryani's catalyst in the first term?

Spoiler

Hi, thank you for trying out the build. Please share you tree.

The main reason you don't see better dps starts with your knives. They have the unmodded base of 6.68
The very first thing I would do is to invest in a new main dagger with a high crit chance.
here is a list of daggers with 8+% crit chance and between 200-230 pdps.

Next would be slowly increasing the life of your character, with each piece one by one, while still maintaining resistances. Improving life will leech at a faster rate and will allow you to drop the life leech gem.

I think that will set you up with decent dps. Already getting 20k from a 3L (+LL+BM) with your current equipment says a lot about the potential you have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info