[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Thanks for help, your build is awesome. After ele buzzsaw nerf i thougth i won't play anymore but your build make me change my mind :)

My tree is here

i've spent 2 additional points to get +30 more (2nd int passive) int as i wasn't able to maintain int for my daggers
nice build. havent read through all pages of comment and only skimmed through the guide.

im wondering why you didnt use blood rage giving you approx 12% more attack speed with 3 frenzies up and a lot more leech making your retun on crits higher and survivability doubled?
"
goat4dinner wrote:
nice build. havent read through all pages of comment and only skimmed through the guide.

im wondering why you didnt use blood rage giving you approx 12% more attack speed with 3 frenzies up and a lot more leech making your retun on crits higher and survivability doubled?

Thanks for checking it out.

I didn't equip chaos resistance and the tree doesn't select enough life regen nodes. A lightning coil makes it difficult to cap lightning resistance so trying to get chaos resistance on top of everything else is expensive and difficult to manage. Without chaos resist and life regen, the life degen also negates any benefit from the melee damage in full life gem as your health will never be full.

So it's a case of expenses, capping -60% lightning resist and getting chaos resist, on top of accuracy, physical and critical mods is just too expensive and time consuming. Dropping nodes and choosing life regen with them in order to get 12%as and 9% leech is debatable

But honestly, I don't really like the gem.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Hi, nice build mate!

Personally i hate Melee damage full life in any build that isnt CI.. so.. maybe could replace that gem for a POC gem, getting an extra power charge next to templar and extra power charge from bandits, make a total of 5 and using 1 only cyclone and allowing the use of Blood Rage (amazing buff.. attack speed life leech..) What d u think?

Tnks and grts!
Last edited by LOISS on Sep 5, 2014, 4:38:03 AM
I originally used WED and would swap with MDoFL (both red) depending on the type of reflect. I came to realise that because I one shot most things, my life is full most of the time so I kept MDoFL.

I made the second cyclone as a way to build charges and curse enemies without casting anything, also the second cyclone had minimum damage so I could use it in any reflect situation.

1 power charge equates to about 10k damage, spending a few nodes just to get another power charge is a bit wasteful, especially since crit chance is almost maxed at 4.

There is no chaos resist and little life regen in this build, so no blood rage. It is certainly possible to add chaos res and life regen, but I prefer not to.
Is it reasonable to use vaal pact if i can't handle 4-5% life leech from my items?
"
Novarg wrote:
Is it reasonable to use vaal pact if i can't handle 4-5% life leech from my items?

answerring myself, its even worse with vaal pact :)
Hi,

thanks for this nice build. I am doing this in HC (Beyond League), so do you have any pointers on how to change the build in that regard? I won't need that much dps (I consider 20k tooltip to be pretty good lol).
Naturally I won't be using Maligaro's, but other than that? I have a 40% life roll Belly and a 40% phys dmg taken Abyssus, and I kinda wanna try xD But am scared of huge phys hits of course, lol.

Maybe going for claws is a good idea? Since I don't care for max dps, the leech and defensive bonuses some of them provide might be nice (Vaal Pact from Bloodseekers or the +10% block from those other ones).

Cheers
"
therealjcool wrote:
Hi,

thanks for this nice build. I am doing this in HC (Beyond League), so do you have any pointers on how to change the build in that regard? I won't need that much dps (I consider 20k tooltip to be pretty good lol).
Naturally I won't be using Maligaro's, but other than that? I have a 40% life roll Belly and a 40% phys dmg taken Abyssus, and I kinda wanna try xD But am scared of huge phys hits of course, lol.

Maybe going for claws is a good idea? Since I don't care for max dps, the leech and defensive bonuses some of them provide might be nice (Vaal Pact from Bloodseekers or the +10% block from those other ones).

Cheers

Hi, sorry it's taken so long to reply, i had to wait for the internet to be connected to my new house.

I have designed a HC variant of the build:

Cyclonus HC

Passive skill tree breakdown

Health

209% increased maximum Life UP 72%
62 to maximum Life
15% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
3.5% of Life Regenerated per Second

Mitigation

78% increased Armour UP 22%
56% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
50% increased Block Recovery
29% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding
25% to all Elemental Resistances
20% to Fire Resistance
20% to Chaos Resistance UP 20%
1% to maximum Fire Resistance

Damage

190% increased Critical Strike Chance with One Handed Melee Weapons
125% increased Weapon Critical Strike Chance while Dual Wielding
10% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with One Handed Melee Weapons
DOWN 80% chance 50% multi

40% increased Accuracy Rating
22% increased Accuracy Rating with One Handed Melee Weapons
DOWN 20% accuracy

69% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
51% increased Melee Physical Damage
38% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
DOWN 98%

30% increased Attack Speed
11% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
5% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
DOWN 40%

Other

240 to Strength
140 to Dexterity
80 to Intelligence
14% reduced Mana Reserved UP 14%
12% increased Radius of Auras
10% increased effect of Auras you Cast
10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
8% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments
8% increased maximum Mana
5% increased Effect of Buffs on You
2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Life has increase significantly, and with a belly, health should be around 6k.
Armour has increased, offering more mitigation.

DPS will be down by a great deal, as expected. But you will still be able to do better than RT builds.

The best improvement is 14% mana reserved reduction. You can now run 2x60% + 1x40%.

The best way to use this would be to replace belly with a coil, and run hatred/grace and purity of lightning. This will greatly reduce physical damage, way past the damage received from Abyssus. And also, the purity itself will go a long way to cap you lightning resistance.

I wish you luck and please let me know of the outcomes.
Last edited by fiqst on Sep 11, 2014, 9:22:36 PM
Massive update:

I have looked into other builds to incorporate some ideas into this build and have taken some advice from some people who have posted in this thread.

This the new improved Cyclonus.

109 Point Tree

I have dropped dps and life nodes in favour of life regen and have included blood rage as part of my setup.
Rings now have chaos resistance.

I have dropped about 50k damage as a result of non-diamond rings and tree changes, but my survivability has increased greatly.

Blood rage increases my overall life leech to 14%, which equates to 2.7k life leeched per crit from the dagger @ 92.4% chance.

I didn't quite have the right chaos resist/life regen ratio so i bleed slightly, making the MDoFL gem useless, this has been replaced with WED.

I have kept Grace but dropped Hatred replacing it with a 4-link Herald of Ash.

Herald of Ash
Elemental Prolif
Inc AoE
Reduced magic

reserved mana: 37%

This increases my clear speed as it uses the massive overkill crit damage onto other mobs, basically one-shotting them without the need to attack them.

The last change was dropping PCoC and adding inc aoe to the COC-Assassin's Mark, this curses about doubled the number of cursed mobs.

A demonstration of very aggressive behaviour in this vid:

Shipyard
26% rare
32% monster life
30% increased damage
3 extra projectiles

Cyclonus Shipyard 16/09/14
Last edited by fiqst on Sep 15, 2014, 12:01:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info