[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Does this build work well only with a 5L lightning coil and a Soultaker?

Also, could you try making a lvl 70 tree? I want to try this but I don't know what I should go for first.
Last edited by returnofsnow on Sep 16, 2014, 12:20:57 PM
"
returnofsnow wrote:
Does this build work well only with a 5L lightning coil and a Soultaker?

Also, could you try making a lvl 70 tree? I want to try this but I don't know what I should go for first.

Absolutely it would work well.

The budget build uses a 4-link cyclone with a blood gem gem attached for mana management. The fact you have a soul taker means you can replace blood magic with a dps gem.

GRRBB
cyclone
melee phys
added fire
conc effect
crit damage

As for a level 70 tree:

87 point tree

This tree has all the major critical and life nodes and all there is left to do is to pile on dps level after level.

I recommend going south east and taking the big duel wield tree with the notables "Blade Barrier" and "Ambidexterity" over the next 10 levels. After that, you can start taking up the ranger nodes to the east.

I wish you luck and let me know of you progress
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Would Loath Bane or Dragon Hunger be a better choice? There seems to be an awful shortage of Dragon Hunger daggers at the moment.
"
Jeffreygrr wrote:
Would Loath Bane or Dragon Hunger be a better choice? There seems to be an awful shortage of Dragon Hunger daggers at the moment.

i have never owned Loathe Bane, but i have done poebuilder testing (before the item creation function was removed). I compared my own dragon hunger with a 100% perfect ambusher (loathe bane is virtually perfect)

Dragon Hunger was the clear winner by about 10k dps. I put this down to the critical advantages that a plat kris has over an ambusher.

The absolute BiS weapon for this build and all physical crit dagger builds is AXN's Horror Skewer

mirror service is 100ex found here
I have done some testing with buffs to see what would be best, a burning prolif ash buff or hatred.

Using a 4 link for herald of ash RRRB:

Ash
Reduced mana
Increase burning
Ele prolif

Pros:

- The mana reserved is 32%. It is possible to have grace + ash + ice without a single reservation node. Ice was not used in my testing. With just grace and ash, you can drop reduced mana in ash for another gem, inc AoE or iir/iiq for example.

- This combo, as you have seen in other prolif builds, melts the entire screen. The heavy criticals I produced would practically one shot everything with just burning damage.

- It's very effective at killing trash mobs behind you and clear speed increased a good amount.

Cons:

- The tooltip dps was much less than hatred (I lost 30k dps). So single targets take longer to drop

- It uses an entire 4-link whereas hatred took just 1 (with reduced mana shared with grace). I had to drop a cwdt combo to accommodate it.

Conclusion:

The clear speed increased with ash but there is a subtle advantage that hatred had that was missing with ash: freezing mobs. Hatred would freeze almost everything with the amount of cold damage I could do with hatred, I can perma-freeze dominus.

This would mean that every single phys attacking mob that got close would be frozen and not be able to attack for the split second it took to kill it. It improved my survivability greatly and there was a noticeable difference between doing cold damage and not doing cold damage. It's like casting cold snap 10 times a second.

The dps advantage against single targets and the extra damage protection means that hatred is the buff of choice for this build.
What will your 117 points skill tree be like?
"
derekczw wrote:
What will your 117 points skill tree be like?

I don't have a full lvl 100 tree, I prefer to be there and test all nodes personally.

With the 9 remaining points, I would try to find the right combination of extra life and higher dps for life leech
Thank you for sharing your build.

Most recent update: DPS: 188k

What would you estimate the DPS to be around without Atziri's acuity and the mirrored weapon you have with lets say a 250 pDPS dagger and Maligaro's gloves.

With this setup I would be running Hatred rather then the 4-link herald combo you had based of your observations.

I only ask this because before I fully commit to this build I wanted to know how it would handle endgame content without the BIS gear(78 maps, Atziri, etc)

Thank you for your time

Hi, thanks for the interest.

The mid spec uses a 228pdps/9.75% dagger and Maligaro's. The dps was recorded post masters expansion so the number is current.

I also have a mid spec video on shipyard as a demo.

It can do Atziri, the usual tricks apply:

Trio: whirling around casting EC, and then IC and attack.
Atziri: drinking ruby flasks to handle flameblasts

Updated build with a few changes:

Cyclonus

313k Full Offensive DPS
212k Defensive DPS

Key changes:
- Uses Blood Rage for the massive leeching amount. 15% altogether.
- Changed equipment to include Chaos resistance (+70 res, +10 merc) to lessen Blood Rage degen
- Altered tree to include more life regen for Blood Rage (3.5% total)
- Using Atziri's Invitation over a rustic for more dps and leech but lost 130 life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info