[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Hi mate, when i started playing Poe in august this year i was looking for a duelist and i came across your cyclonus. Never changed for anything else :) Great build i have to admit! Im acurrently lvl 87, with ca 40 k unbuffed dps. I was thinking about switching Soul taker for another high crit dagger (since ST as a weapon is rather weak) and changing gem setup to include again blood magic. What do u think? Coz to be honest im not rich enough to spend couple exalts on a weapon just "to try it out".... I also thought to take this small dagger/claw/sword tree with three nodes giving decent dps buff. Did you tried that before? Thanks again for great work with the build! cheers
Last edited by szampanik1 on Oct 17, 2014, 10:03:49 AM
"
fiqst wrote:
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
Did the dps system change since you're talking about immense amount of DPS from my point of view :o

When 1.2 hit, the changes in the tree gave this build about a 30% increase in dps with more crit and dual wield nodes, there was also a 20% dps buff to duel wielding.

As for your lvl 80 duelist doing 70's maps. 17.5k at lvl80 with plenty of potential, i think you should be able to.

That is unbuffed and still need to level those gems :)

With dps changes I meant that back when I played 40k dps on a blender was huge.. And now you're talking about 300k+ dps that's a massive difference.. Or am I mistaken? But from what I remember I was at 23k dps and doing lv.72 maps trying to get Soul Taker so I could reach those higher DPS (40k dps) Did the tooltip change or the way DPS is calculated?
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
"
fiqst wrote:
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
Did the dps system change since you're talking about immense amount of DPS from my point of view :o

When 1.2 hit, the changes in the tree gave this build about a 30% increase in dps with more crit and dual wield nodes, there was also a 20% dps buff to duel wielding.

As for your lvl 80 duelist doing 70's maps. 17.5k at lvl80 with plenty of potential, i think you should be able to.

That is unbuffed and still need to level those gems :)

With dps changes I meant that back when I played 40k dps on a blender was huge.. And now you're talking about 300k+ dps that's a massive difference.. Or am I mistaken? But from what I remember I was at 23k dps and doing lv.72 maps trying to get Soul Taker so I could reach those higher DPS (40k dps) Did the tooltip change or the way DPS is calculated?

My DPS is around 27k without power charges, buffed with hatred :)
WITH the charges it's about 30-31k I believe.. gem still needs leveling so it keeps increasing. Altho the reduced radius is kind of annoying :\
It's the huge gap between RT and crit builds. And the advantage of daggers over other 1h weapons when it comes to criticals. Also, 785% multi and a mirrored dagger that has max crit chance helps quite a bit.

Quality cyclone counteracts the reduced AoE of conc effect, to make the overall reduced radius 10%.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Do you think I can do Atziri? :o

My gear

My DPS/Defense
I am at 82k DPS, buffed with Hatred/Grace. Add 3/3 power charge and flask it becomes around 110k DPS.
I am max. res and have around 3,4K life :\
Nice stuff! You must be happy with the dps so far :)

You can beat atziri but your health is a bit low I think.

Dps is less important for atziri so what I did was drop dps nodes for life specifically for atziri. You will need at least 4.4k life to survive Atziri's mini flame blasts (with a ruby flask).

Also, you will definitely die to the trio often. They take practise to overcome. I suggest the manual EC-spell echo and manual IC tactic to beat them.

"
szampanik1 wrote:
Hi mate, when i started playing Poe in august this year i was looking for a duelist and i came across your cyclonus. Never changed for anything else :) Great build i have to admit! Im acurrently lvl 87, with ca 40 k unbuffed dps. I was thinking about switching Soul taker for another high crit dagger (since ST as a weapon is rather weak) and changing gem setup to include again blood magic. What do u think? Coz to be honest im not rich enough to spend couple exalts on a weapon just "to try it out".... I also thought to take this small dagger/claw/sword tree with three nodes giving decent dps buff. Did you tried that before? Thanks again for great work with the build! cheers

Sorry mate didn't see your post until today.

I have tried a dual dagger setup with 2% mana leech in a ring and the dps is indeed better. I dropped hatred for ash but I learnt that cyclone is very mana intensive and my mana pool wasn't very high so I ran out of mana often.

I haven't tried dual daggers with full auras and a blood magic gem. This might work well. Try it out with a cheap dagger to see the results.

When I was theory crafting this build I looked at the best ways I could spend 3 nodes in the most efficient way. That little cluster was up there but I didn't take it because it did nothing for the soul taker. As for dual wielding daggers, it's looks pretty good!

"
fiqst wrote:

Also, you will definitely die to the trio often. They take practise to overcome. I suggest the manual EC-spell echo and manual IC tactic to beat them.

what do you mean by this? :O
"
fiqst wrote:
Nice stuff! You must be happy with the dps so far :)

Yeah, I've come a long way.. but my gear is pretty much your Mid Spec, altho I don't come close to your DPS :\ When I have flask, 3/3 charges and buffed I am at the DPS that you are IN TOWN. :\
The trio output a massive amount of phys dmg, including a certain dot that kills in 2 seconds.

The manual EC/IC tactic is to run around constantly allowing the trio to draw near enough to cast EC. If you connect EC to spell echo you get 2 charges.

At full charges cast IC (with enhance + inc duration for best results). This is the best way to stay alive.

Watch this Zivko WoE+BoR video at 2:50 for the method in action.

As for your dps, you can improve your jewellery. Aim for the following:

- 200+ accuracy on each piece
- 7+ avg physical damage on rings, 15+ avg phys on amulet
- 20+ crit multi or chance on amulet (don't sacrifice life leech though)
- more life if possible, you can bench craft up to 44 on a spare prefix
- diamond rings are optimal

This is the best example of what to look for:

This ring alone gives me 20k dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info