[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Hi there just want to say I've had a blast playing this build so far. As a newish player I struggled in the beginning to balance life, and cap resists. I put on Starkonja's head in order to take away the physical dmg increase I had from the abyssus. What I noticed while the dps suffered (30k buffed) I have been able to face tank almost every mob up to lvl 72 maps (haven't tried this with reflect mobs yet). Mind you I am running with some decent rare gloves not maligaros and I don't have enough currency to afford a decent offhand.

Obviously Abyssus is worth it for the crazy amount of dps it gives, but if any newish players like me want to add a little more tankiness to the build I highly recommend trying out Starkonja's, at least until you can find decent gear to get your life pool up and cap your res.

Thanks again Fiqst!
Last edited by BwenR on Jan 8, 2016, 7:19:11 PM
@fiqst What would ya change up on the build in order to get Nightstalker passive? or is it not point efficent ?
Update for Ascendancy.

I will be moving this build to Shadow for the Assassin sub-class. Unfortunately, this thread will be discontinued at that time.

There is one particular node that is very strong in the Assassin sub-class:

The +0.5% base crit chance turns a 9.9% Bino into a 12.4% Bino, if we have 5 power charges. And a 6% Catalyst into an 8.5%. This is huge!

So at the moment, to reach the 95% crit cap for a 9.9% weapon, you need 960% crit chance on the tree and items. With a 12.4% base, you only need 766%.

So taking that 1 sub-class node, you get 200% free crit chance (245% if you account for the other sub-class nodes).

You can drop the entire 135% crit chance from the Disembowelling cluster and still have stronger crit performance than you would as a duelist. And those nodes can be then used in boosting phys and melee damage.

For this crit based AoE build, the move to Shadow is essential. I apologise to those who have invested time and effort into their duelists, but there is also my Duallant build that will take the crit single target Duelist to the next level.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
This build is fantastic for mindless map clearing. One of the most fun I've played!
hey, i am trying this build now too but i think the dmg you take from the helmet is a bit to much. i get easly oneshoted from high physic enemys. Iam using this

Stats: all resis max, 5,2k hp and only 24% evade.
My dmg isn as high as yours but still enough to kill all the bosses easly. Tried Atziri for the first time and got her down :D

The only problem i have is that i dont have any good crit ring/amulets (i have a tought time getting the resist all up to max) and jewelers for the tree. Because iam using leagacy Soul taker i dont need the mana cluster (3 points yey) but because its legacy its the same dmg output.

EDIT: i dont have very good accuricy as well ( only 84% :( )
Last edited by Baldry on Feb 20, 2016, 8:36:10 PM
any update for 2.2?
"
alkoxide wrote:
any update for 2.2?

sorry no plans to update this build
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Well, anyone got a screenshot?
'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'
Last edited by Avenie on Mar 7, 2016, 2:16:26 AM
"
Well, anyone got a screenshot?
Here you go man.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotkyMsgUEJL1b9mGaoy8bxa_JpV1_WHihG9VS9RCjDa1SInT62NwUhEvNj2dqmyMYqy0xcLs2-cFtUcGbAiNv9h28YpRR9QjuT7nVDfUMHwwcaxmJP3tP4193ags4f_eI_ZLeH3jTZKjijpC7g78xQ2NW6-HdhX2Tirjn2J5TP9KfQAGQzHWWNrBV5fgn3TtLlMLwQVmBS3Tb2BBY3C-p2VNvTZHfoTZAdx346luwBp5aHgNbzvBBLXyXz81khQg2L3vDlBH5FGXeSgqi0-baoVS2WGtjc9-dqzqGPcykn3cI5hv5c8jNlMQAAA=

This is the tree coming from the Shadow's starting point, because this build is now optimized for the Assassin sub-class, which I have not highlighted the nodes on the link above. The original build also fills in the other life nodes near "Constitution."

If you are wanting to run the Duelist, just start with these nodes and ignore the intro passives from the Shadow:

I would highly recommend picking Shadow for this build for the same reasons the original poster mentions a few posts above this one, though the %buff for each power charge has been reduced from 10% to 5% at this point, it is still the most viable sub-class for the build. Hope this helps.
Last edited by Weltall600 on Mar 11, 2016, 11:14:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info