1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
eksim wrote:
is this build good for beginners?

I don't think so, a beginner player with little to no means to afford some of the better items for this build may have a difficult time. But that's true with most builds. IMO for a beginner player, look for builds that work in the new leagues, seeing as those leagues practically anyone and everyone starts with nothing and builds their wealth up equally.
I must admit this is the first real build I've actually played into Merc. Being that I'm also on rampage I've started from the bottom on wealth. At 65 I'm sitting at about 3500 dps, 75/75/73 resist's and feel like I'm doing fairly well. Look forward to finishing out the quests in the next day or two and getting started with mapping.
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
eksim wrote:
is this build good for beginners?

I don't think so, a beginner player with little to no means to afford some of the better items for this build may have a difficult time. But that's true with most builds. IMO for a beginner player, look for builds that work in the new leagues, seeing as those leagues practically anyone and everyone starts with nothing and builds their wealth up equally.

This is incorrect, This build is extremely new player friendly. I have created three different MS characters all starting with zero currency and relying only on what I found to use/purchase upgrades. Everything anyone needs to know about the process is in the guide. The items listed in the build are purely recommended. MS is a skill that allows you to stack ZERO damage mods for a long time and rely purely on PB and iron grip to put out some heavy numbers.

If you want an even cheaper version use dual claws for a while. Instant LGoH and scales forever with MS. This allows you to run a 4L w/ 3 sockets or a 5L w/ 4 socket armors. This is possible since we do not take damage specific nodes till later in the game.

This build will be much tankier then majority of what is out there since we can stack defenses for the longest time. You do not even need to stack damage really until 70+ maps. If your damage is low before then its probably b/c your weapon is horribly underleveled and you need to drop a whole 2 or 3 chaos for a decent one or about 10c for a 1h that will carry you through low 70 maps.

Is this build as total noob, face palm the keyboard, friendly as say groundslam? I would say not quite since GS has the benefit of stun and ranged but it is right up there with it. If this is your first brand spanking new character this is very solid guide to follow to learn the ins and outs of the game. Keep stacking Life and keep your resistances capped, then you can focus on damage.
"
gorrath101 wrote:
I must admit this is the first real build I've actually played into Merc. Being that I'm also on rampage I've started from the bottom on wealth. At 65 I'm sitting at about 3500 dps, 75/75/73 resist's and feel like I'm doing fairly well. Look forward to finishing out the quests in the next day or two and getting started with mapping.

Gorrath that is right where you should be with an average 1h weapon. Hopefully you are sitting at around 3.5k to 4K HP right now as well. If you have any questions or need help getting ready just let me know. You are doing good.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Aug 30, 2014, 1:48:27 PM
Question for the build creators in here:

Since I already have a MS Marauder (lvl 64) and like this build but also being in the mood for something crazy:

Would it be possible (since MS dont need many linked sockets) to create a similar build on a shadow-claw-ci-ghostreaver basis? There are a lot of phys and elemental nodes up there, not to mention the life ( shield) leech from claws, nodes etc..
Last edited by Bekador on Aug 30, 2014, 3:01:30 PM
"
Bekador wrote:
Question for the build creators in here:

Since I already have a MS Marauder (lvl 64) and like this build but also being in the mood for something crazy:

Would it be possible (since MS dont need many linked sockets) to create a similar build on a shadow-claw-ci-ghostreaver basis? There are a lot of phys and elemental nodes up there, not to mention the life ( shield) leech from claws, nodes etc..

claws are very viable. I ran a dual claw version back in the 1.1 2 week race in the HC league. I don't make any of my builds CI so I couldn't be much help there but I am sure it is viable.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
gorrath101 wrote:

Gorrath that is right where you should be with an average 1h weapon. Hopefully you are sitting at around 3.5k to 4K HP right now as well. If you have any questions or need help getting ready just let me know. You are doing good.

Thanks Kart, i finished out Dom. Died a couple times in p1 but had just hit 66 so didn't care about exp loss. p2 was a breeze compared to p1.

Only at 2823 health atm, obviously I must be short on either life nodes or just better optimized life based gear. I'll link my current point set up and gear if you would like to take a look at it.
"
gorrath101 wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
gorrath101 wrote:

Thanks Kart, i finished out Dom. Died a couple times in p1 but had just hit 66 so didn't care about exp loss. p2 was a breeze compared to p1.

Only at 2823 health atm, obviously I must be short on either life nodes or just better optimized life based gear. I'll link my current point set up and gear if you would like to take a look at it.

Sure, ill take a look. Don't forget (and this is for EVERYONE), to utilize Haku's crafting station. Get those extra resists if you need them or add life to good resist gear.
Current points.
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_oLTzBu8OJy_jn9Ihns1VtcEErKon7Rku2WFXDXzZcqn60maewBpZ8-NqNulRYE99gFZ-4q-NMolX4uw4GjinhJBVd-XwHwSzAnEUTaIAtPkYkVBHFCCnMDboAecyfjpSXhOE72EhGlVko8OG55GsrymlTiq2QUMxG8h5wAY57tncHRjbW6-kwhR1dO37quRR

Current gear.
Spoiler
looks good for now, just make sure you grab a lot of those life nodes that you have not filled out yet before going for damage. The main build has been updated recently dropping the templar section. The overall difference on HP/block is not very noticeable but the big gain was the increase to how much life flasks will give when used. If you still have your respec points from previous quests you could make the changes which would allow you to boost your low life. If not do not worry about it and just put all your next grip of levels into HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info