1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Ya i saw that, I've got about 15 respec points atm, may see about making the switch over sometime tonight. Appreciate the advise, this game makes my head hurt at times haha ;)
"
gorrath101 wrote:
Ya i saw that, I've got about 15 respec points atm, may see about making the switch over sometime tonight. Appreciate the advise, this game makes my head hurt at times haha ;)

I can see that. I enjoy all the theory crafting in this game. More so then playing it at times.
Hey Kartikdon I tried to look for the answer but got mixed messages or maybe I did not look hard enough lol.

Does lava lash double dip with AOF. One for the main hit and then again increases the projectile damage? If that is the case when reaching a (mostly complete build, gear included) would the marauder version do more damage then the ranger version with out it. They are really close minus one has way more attack speed which is fun I admit.

I have both a ranger and marauder leveled up trying out the different builds first hand to about 40. I need to pick one soon and just not sure what one to go. I know some people have done atziri. Not sure if MS can even do Uber atziri and you need ridiculous gear for that. It is in the back of my mind however. Seeing as I only have so much time to play I can really only work on one character for now.

I just don't know if it would be a personal preference but I have always wanted to just build for fire damage. When comparing the tree It seems like marauder is tailored a bit better for working with fire. I know it was posted earlier about the whole melee physical damage vs other types of damage nodes. I am still slightly confused on them and how to calculate for higher damage with AOF(Doryani's Catalyst) in mind. Also taking in account that the hit + projectiles = the whole damage.

Thoughts? I know it is sort of an annoying question but as someone who is just getting into theory crafting I just cant make up my mind. I need to stop splitting my time between the 2 when they do the same thing lol.

Thanks
New MS build in the works.. Project X is in the design phase. The build will be more offensive, especially with AoE and boss clear speeds.

The build is 100% prototype so I will NOT be posting the build until after I have approved it. As with all the MS builds to prove its effectiveness it will run from a fresh start and only use the currency/items found on himself to fund his gear.

The basis behind all of my builds:
A build is not a success if it requires elite uniques to make it successful. Builds that work well on budgets scale even better with gear.
Hey Redmatrix,

lava lash would double dip with AoF for the hit and the projectiles. As to what build does more damage it would depend on my much + damage each build took. If % damage was equal but some of the marauders was from lava lash, the marauder would be higher.

Uber Atziri is more about knowing the fight at hand and the mechanics perfectly. I believe MS could take down uber atziri with very good gear and the right knowledge yes.

Both ranger and marauder will be close. Marauder will have an easier time progressing through the skill tree then a Ranger. The Ranger build also is still being worked on. The overall end process, the builds are pretty similar. The easiest decision would simply be: go for what character personally feels "right". If the ranger feels more of your style, roll with it. If the marauder is your thing, pick him.
"
redmatrix wrote:
Hey Kartikdon I tried to look for the answer but got mixed messages or maybe I did not look hard enough lol.

Does lava lash double dip with AOF. One for the main hit and then again increases the projectile damage? If that is the case when reaching a (mostly complete build, gear included) would the marauder version do more damage then the ranger version with out it. They are really close minus one has way more attack speed which is fun I admit.

I have both a ranger and marauder leveled up trying out the different builds first hand to about 40. I need to pick one soon and just not sure what one to go. I know some people have done atziri. Not sure if MS can even do Uber atziri and you need ridiculous gear for that. It is in the back of my mind however. Seeing as I only have so much time to play I can really only work on one character for now.

I just don't know if it would be a personal preference but I have always wanted to just build for fire damage. When comparing the tree It seems like marauder is tailored a bit better for working with fire. I know it was posted earlier about the whole melee physical damage vs other types of damage nodes. I am still slightly confused on them and how to calculate for higher damage with AOF(Doryani's Catalyst) in mind. Also taking in account that the hit + projectiles = the whole damage.

Thoughts? I know it is sort of an annoying question but as someone who is just getting into theory crafting I just cant make up my mind. I need to stop splitting my time between the 2 when they do the same thing lol.

Thanks

You can try Fearmonger's molten strike dps calculator :) Dmillz's can also work. the links are there in the OP. just click on File-----> Make a Copy
Now you can add your numbers and experiment around.
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Aug 31, 2014, 7:36:43 AM
I am currently running a 2H build, but trying to transition into a 1H build with shield.

I hit a wall hard at around lvl 50 due to a lack of survivability (lack of health and resistance), so I got rid of all dmg nodes in order to survive, then I grinded a lot around lvl 55-60 until I was lvl 63 and now I am doing act 2 merciless without any problems so far and feeling very viable. I am even considering giving it a go and stay 2-handed, but I will wait and see.

Some remarks; You need survivabilty much more than dmg. You need a 5-link in order to be viable, one of my problems was not having a 5-link, so I did not rum BM, and therefore I could not use auras. You need to grind a bit at some point in order to become more viable, i could not have made it through cruel and merciless without grinding at least 5 lvls.

Here is my passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtDhQOPBQgFE0UdRT2GJEY2xkuGekaOBpVG8gnLyftKaUyfjKJNug6Uj38QzFOKlBHVbVXDVfiWGNZ81uvXhNfP2BLYSFko2aeah5r2WwWcql07Xfleu982YM4hO-GO4cZjM-QVZ7Nn8uiAKTCpzCnhKgYrKqvjbZBwBrBBMbYy0PSIdlh3sHjn-w47w7vfPIv9kj8Sw==

And here is my gear:
Spoiler

If anyone have some inputs please comment, I am still trying to improve :)
Last edited by JusticeJohn on Aug 31, 2014, 9:54:55 AM
"
Kartikdon wrote:

@Tetrastriker

Resistances should never be taken directly in your build, 99% of the time. It is very easy to gear your character for capped resists. My marauder has capped resists even with the reduction from lightning coil and its all from gear. And this is before Masters. It is even easier now to cap your resists with Haku, a master that everyone should have in your hideout while leveling. As stated in the guide it is very easy to purchase cheap dual resists + HP or triple resists gear from poe.xyz.is for about 1c. Bring it to your master and you can add a third resist or HP for cheap. instant epic gear.

That's great to know! Ye I have currently got some tri-resistance gear to use in Act 3 mercilles. I had a lot of luck yesterday and found a new really great 2hander that boosted me to 3.5k dps. I'm happy that I don't have to use my nodes for resistance though :)

As in general, are there any recommended 2 handed SWORDS that could fit this build? Or myabe a 1-hander?, or is the recommended mace the best thing to go for? I would rather have a build with a 1h or 2h sword (Im not sure if I should go shield or not yet...)

My char is level 61 btw.
Last edited by TetraStriker on Aug 31, 2014, 12:15:41 PM
Tetra,

It does not matter what weapon you use. I simply designed the tree around what is probably BiS for sustain + damage combined.

If you want to run 2h swords just pick up any 2h sword nodes that are in the pathway. Don't go to far out of your way to grab them. They are totally viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info