1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

************************************************************************************************ Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this project over the last few leagues
******************************************************************************************************

Also check out my newest guide: Warping Searing Bond - atziri and end game map viable.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1144097

What is The Community Molten Strike Build?
Spoiler

***This is a community build -- many have come together to make the ideal Molten Strike set up as well as provide variations of builds. Please, if I fail to give you credit for your ideas being used or if you provided solid testing numbers send me a PM and I will update the guide, just make sure someone else didn't say it first :P.***

Hey guys,

Thanks to the community we have devised an OP and very new player friendly build. The build has some insane versatility whether it be going 1h+shield or 2h. Taking AoF or not. Capped blocking, shock chances, tones of weapon dmg, all of it is easily accessible. The build is designed to dish some SERIOUS damage while allowing for some SERIOUS defense. How much extra damage you want or extra defenses you would like are all up to you. If you have questions: drop a reply, PM me, or hit me up in game. (If I don't reply right away I am probably working on this thread).

One thing to note is a TON of this damage is coming from the projectiles.

***HIGHLY recommend getting a 5L+ Lightning Coil, once lightning resists is re-capped, as it provides a tremendous amount of defense***

***HIGHLY recommend getting a Doryani's Catalyst at 75... 1h weapon with the DPS of a 2h when using Molten Strike***

***Blood Rage (another Dmillz suggestion) when you can counter the degen + Vaal Haste w/ inc duration is just stupid amounts of fun :) and the attack speed boost from the two combined almost doubles my 2h tool tip dps.***

***Three Dragons is again viable giving our fire damage chance to shock! This provides us with 50% more damage in addition to the 25% from the Templar section totaling 75% INCREASED DAMAGE!!!!****

1.3 builds

Spoiler

1.3 builds (please note these are not fully optimized)

!!!WELCOME BACK THREE DRAGONS!!

1.3 has provided us with many changes to the passive tree and a huge nerf to block. I will not be playing molten strike for a while so testing is more up to the community here. I provided a current version of our block build: less block and more damage as well as a few verities of 2h weapons. As with all the molten strike builds it is very easy to customize this into your own variation.

1h + Shield AoF (retaining the current concepts of the build).

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_Fhjxtj2SO8OFCBfP1BHeTl-4ho-ns3p1XbnOFMir4IH8kHSIc9-rY3ZYVcNCfbUfAYOJ-0ZLnzZ9zJyqcT2_lQNzStQHM49D5BVGjjAGlnzrKpj_XrmcYWxQvMRRteCm-w4Jy_vfDwFmjuiAOFzBLPAZvrSZp7jahZvr40dFKTCFHUY20CgXhPvTmFShmA26AHnpzCsrwz3qZXAvzJ-BS1gS4TvdO3Bgk1GYuwppU4qW6_8SxRNGJG8n_MG-6oGOSSLUWB67702R36E2S_MZU2-pxm0tkFqkw==

Bloodletting + Melee Chance to Bleed: Not sure if only the initial hit will cause bleeding or if the projectiles will as well. I wont be testing this anytime soon so it is up to someone in the community do to this for me.

Generic 2H build

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_Fhjxtj2SO8OFCBfP1BHns125zhTIq-CB_JB0iHPfq2N2WFXDQn21HwGDiftGS582fcycqnE9v5UDc0rUBzOPQ-QVRo4wBpZ86yqY_165nGFsULzEUbXgpvsOCcv73w8BZo7ogDhcwSzwGb60mae42oWb6-NHRReE-9OYVKGYDboAeenMDJ-BS1gS3Tt_EsUTRiRvJ967ycgiiIs-yFVn8vApgd13D2HapBsqSdhIYTvhNmplL6nZU29Nkd-wQRVtWqTGbS2QSmlTiqkwhR1GNtbrw==

2h axe
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_Fhjxtj2SO8OFCBfP1BHns125zhTIq-CB_JB0iHPfq2N2WFXDQn21HwGDiftfNn3MnKpxPb-VA3NK1Aczj0PkFUaOMAaWfOsqmP9euZxhbFC8xFG14Kb7DgnL-98PAWaO6IA4XMEs8Bm-tJmnuNqFm-vjR0UXhPvTmFShmA26AHnpzAyfgUtYEt07fxLFE0Ykbyfeu8nIIoiLPshVZ_LwaP46-oYE0wm-BfhTjKkwhR1GNt08SFgQKAppU4qW692rEp945-Hdmeg_MU5DusJhVLdDcEEVbU=

2h maces
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_Fhjxtj2SO8OFCBfP1BHns125zhTIq-CB_JB0iHPfq2N2WFXDQn21HwGDiftfNn3MnKpxPb-VA3NK1Aczj0PkFUaOMAaWfOsqmP9euZxhbFC8xFG14Kb7DgnL-98PAWaO6IA4XMEs8Bm-tJmnuNqFm-vjR0UXhPvTmFShmA26AHnpzAyfgUtYEt07fxLFE0Ykbyfeu8nIIoiLPshVZ_L6hikwhR1GNt08SFgQKAppU4qW692rEp945-Hdmeg_MU5DusJhVLdDUE_ITS0L1HmnsWUh9-yVbXBBA==

1.2 Build
Spoiler

First I would like to say the 1.2 passive tree brings an increased opportunity to customize the MS build for your own play style. With that said the linked build is a very strong base/guide you can use entirely or use and tweak to your own. Please do not mention small changes unless they are significant to the overall build.

IMPORTANT:
-The build consists of 1h mace nodes. This is assuming Doryani's for end game. Simply take these nodes dead last if you do not want to limit yourself to maces.

Changes:
*Much heavier in the boosted damage department: this will counter not having Three Dragons and Shock and will be a much greater boost to Atziri fights.
*Much higher block to combine with Arsenaldo's Tempest Shield + Blind combo.
*lower max resistance cap
*(guessing) but boosted?? overall HP... I have read some guesstimations people have made about hp levels equating from 1.1.5 to 1.2 and if they are correct we gained HP.
*TONS of buffs to life flasks providing huge heals

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_7w4nL-Of-6qgtPMGwQSnMJ7NVbUYkVBHFCB25yKvOFPSISftGS7ZYVcNhxlsFvxLfNlyqayqDhTLQxnpwBpZ85BVGjinhGaeNugB5zJ-OlIaVWSj7tkGOXnA3B2bg4TvYSHDhl4TrK_nkSmlTiq2QUMxG8hbr5AK3Q1KfYd2Z6D8xRR1pMLewRT2a9mGO2BLeu907QUtr42kOdCBR-Ii4hUgLOk94rfT18ujiu4OVvobrUjuTZIj9o190Ta8n6SsY6fdRhGBzNuLTw==

Progression is the same: A detailed track will be added later
Level using Geofri Baptism into the mid to late 40s rushing Resolute Techniques and Point Blank then to templar. When you switch to 1h+Shield you can grab the 1h nodes and block. Balance yourself in HP and damage/block and when in doubt just chose HP.

2-Handed Users (to be added later...)
This is very simple to do here....

*Drop all of the 1h damage nodes + Block.
*Rush unwavering stance
*Stack more HP (you will want more then the 1h/shield version).
*Stack 2h damage nodes
It is that easy

OUTDATED - The Build(1.1.5)
Spoiler

1.1.5 MS base - Added 1h damage + Block nodes or 2h damage + More HP as desired.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEWbxiRGYUaOBpVGmwbyB0UJKonLymlMn4yiTboNuk6Uj38QzFKfU4qUEdVxlb6Vw1X4lhjWfNbr14TXz9gS2EhZKNmnmegah5yqXK7dEF07Xbnd-V673zZgziE74d2jM-PRpAKkFWRzp7Nn8uhbaIApKykwqcwp4SoGKyqr422QbnNu-28n8AaxtjPZdDQ0iHdDeNq45_sOO8O73zwH_Iv8932SPcy-tL8xQ==

***The main build includes shock chance as I highly recommend doing the shock + Three Dragons Combo***

AMPLIFY - Thanks to Falcyon we now see that Amplify is totally worth the investment up to low and mid level maps. High level maps still need to be tests. This is a great node that gives a little bit more damage and a little bit greater AoE radius. 74+ map testing still to be done.

Progession (In Order)

Go for Resolute Techniques

Blood Magic, Unwavering Stance, Iron Grip, HP and Golem's Blood

Iron Reflexes, HP, and Point Blank

HP + Shield Block + Elemental Adaptation

Shock(if you have 3 dragons) then Templar

Block + more HP

**There is a Int node in the final build - grab this when you run Doryani's**

2 Handed Variant, 100% viable
to be added

(note: You should be specing out of BM passive by now since you can use a 5L chest.. also you can move the 1 point by BM and place it in line with the duelist tract setting you up for some damage nodes for the future)

Lots of options from here:
-duelist section( IAS, dmg, hp, incr. melee range, move speed reduction... its just a little bit of everything)
-Some people just love those berserking nodes and can grab those and the scion wheel if they wanted.

if 2h
-Wrecking Ball Cluster
-Marauder 2h Dmg nodes

***My top recommendation if you have the $$ is grab block, get a shield and buy a Doryani's Catalyst***

Gems
Spoiler

The standard 5L: Molten Strike + Multi strike + Weapon Ele Dmg + BM + LL

Multi = 3 hits turning into 9 projectiles... simply amazing DPS wise

Weapon Ele Dmg - cause it just scales so nicely and a staple in the link set up.

LL - stapled now with the change to AoF
OR
Faster Attacks + Good LL roll Carnage Heart (More damage, same sustain, cost $$ though)
(I do not know the best level to make this change at since I discovered it while mapping)

Blood Magic - So we can drop the BM passive and run auras (ditch BM on 5L)

For your 6th slot:
Conc. Effect - cause its F'n amazing dmg boost if you dont mind the small AoE Reduction, by far the largest dmg boost. (best choice -- requires amplify node in templar)

Fire. Pen - cause god knows we hate fire resistant mobs (If AoF, prioritize this in late game) (very good for AoF users)

Added Fire - if you don't like conc. decrease aoe range chose this

Faster attacks - if you don't like conc. decrease aoe range chose this (less dmg then added fire but gets you out of multistrike animation faster) *my preference*

Best High Level Options for sustain (LL)
Spoiler
non AoF Variant:
Drop LL for Faster Attacks or Added Fire and use a Carnage Heart

AoF Variant:
Run Fire Pen instead of LL while using Doryani's Catalyst and Doryani's Invitation.

***Prioritize Life Leech in your top 4 - If you have no other means of regen prioritize this as your 4th or 5th slot. (LGOH would be better at lower levels).

CWDT + Enduring Cry
CWDT(max) + Immortal Call (Max) + Increased Duration (max)
CWDT + Enfeeble

You can run enfeeble w/ enduring cry to condense room but I like it to proc 100% of the time for each.

Grace + Hatred OR 4L HoA + reduced Mana (gives + a fat amount of cold damage and armor).
***Running HoA + Inc. Burn + Prolif + red. mana would be very solid instead of Hatred. The kicker is you are eating up an entire 4L slot. The pro is adding much better clear speed.

To run these you need to grab the mana reserve from Templar
Run Tempest Shield + blind if using a shield. (defensive)
OR
Harold of Fire (offensive)

notes on other gems:
Melee phys -- doesn't hold up vs WED or Added Fire
Melee Splash -- 1/2 works. It works for the initial hit but does not have any extra projectiles for the additional mobs you had hit)

GMP/LMP
Spoiler
They are crap -- please stop asking about it. All they provide overall is a nasty little DPS loss.

Weapon Physical Nodes vs generic Melee Physical Nodes
Spoiler

Post by Mark from GGG stating that only WPD will benefit the projectiles and not generic phys. nodes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44557/page/1#p586320

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Oak

Cruel: Oak or Kraityn (If you ask me, go Kraityn)

Merc: Oak (if stacking endurance charges) or Passive if running IC

Suggested Items (there is NO mandatory item)

Spoiler
I know people like to have some kind of idea of what uniques would be good to run with builds... I find
to be very decent. Carnage heart I would say is the better choice as it allows you to take the BM gem and ditch the BM passive very early on. You don't need a 10% either. Both of these items will start loosing their luster going into merc. You will want to replace them before mapping. (edit: Carnage Heart is great w/ Faster Attacks to sub for LL gem).

Doryani's Catalyst - when you hit 75 it would be best to just switch to this + Shield. uber dmg and uber defense.

(NOT VIABLE AS OF 1.2)(if you take the 20% chance to shock)

4 to 5 chaos investment or so

RECOMMENDED (once you can balance out the resists, huge boost to defense, thanks Dmillz)

Needs to be 5L at least, 2ex investment.

For Physical Reduction and general trash clearing

For heavy magic bosses/exiles

Suggested by Dmillz : Doryani's Invitation Belt (Fire)

Don't forget to grab that Geofri's Baptism for about 1 Chaos for when you hit 27. (VERY highly recommend getting this since its cheap and amazing damage).

is another interesting unique for this build. The inc. aoe would counter conc. effect while providing some damage and decent other stats. I would take Lightning Coil over this any day.

Really though this build does NOT require any uniques or expensive items, even though there are many really good choices for us. Just the gem set up is required (4L min) and the only one you would really have to purchase starting fresh would be multi strike. (Try and get this ASAP).

Arsenaldo's Atziri Advice
Spoiler

These are links to guide to his great posts on his Aztiri kill experiences.

Main Post: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911557/page/65

Further Details: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911557/page/72

Currency and Gearing information for new players
Spoiler
Fhark's Noob Guide to Currency Rates and Recipes
Spoiler

Hi, Fhark here, it took me till my second character before I learned a few basic recipes which should make you a fair amount of currency as you level. Here is a small guide to help you have a much easier time on your first or your next character. There are more recipes but these are the ones more commonly used.

1. Chromatic Recipe: any 3 different colour's linked will vendor for a chromatic. Doesn't matter if the item is normal, magic or rare. This recipe will probably make 1/2 your currency as you level.

2. Selling of Quality Goods: Any group of quality (Q) item's that add up to 40Q can be vendored for the relevant crafting item, eg: total 40Q armour will vendor 1 armour scrap. The same works for blacksmith stones. Generally this method is only useful for q gems as gem cutter prisms are worth a lot but the recipe can help for fresh starts and new leagues to help get people blacksmith stones to rolling blue weapons.

3. Chaos Orb Recipe: any full group of items that drop from a lvl60 or higher map can be vendored for 1 chaos. Eg 2 rings, 1 amulet, belt, shoes, gloves, chest armour, helmet and 1 2handed weapon or 2 1handed weapons. Unidentified is worth 2 chaos. Regal recipe is the same but all items lvl75 or higher. To determine an items level click on the item and type /itemlevel in the console.

4. Cartographer's Chisel Recipe: Any stone hammer, rock hammer or gavel at 20% quality with any map.

5. Unidentified Coral or Paua amulet: One rare Coral or Paua ring with 7 iron rings will vendor one unidentified Coral or Paua amulet. Useful for unidentifed Chaos recipe.

Currency: Basic Rates: get your monies worth.
NOTE: These are average rates to guide you through Wraeclast. Real market value will always depend on the league itself but this is a good starting point.

*Vendor: 2 Alterations = 1 jewellers, 4 jewellers = 1 fusing.
*Market: 2 fusings = a chaos, however
*40 fusings = an exalt and
*30-32 chaos = an exalt, so if you have to sell your fusings try to get 10c:16fus etc.
*8-9 chromatics = a chaos
*3 chisels = a chaos
*3-4 alchs = a chaos
* orbs of chance = a chaos.
*2 scouring = a regret, 1 regret = 2-3 chaos
*GCP gem cutters prism = 3-4 chaos

Further to help capitalize on chaos gained it is almost always better to convert currency into fusings or regrets as these will give a greater return. These two items also sell quicker then their lower component counterparts.

Good luck out there!
-Fhark

How to get Chaos Orbs as a new player
Spoiler

Firstly explore everything, break everything... As a new character this can lead to some easy extra chaos, even an exalted orb. For example: I got my first ex of the league from a barrel in act1 cruel graveyard. $$ is everywhere, it only goes to those who look.

Orbs of Fusing (2 to 3:1 chaos)
(dont have fusings, convert some lower currency to fusings)
Gemcutters Prisms (1:3 chaos or sometimes 2:3 chaos)
Orbs of Regret (ranging from 1:2C to 2:3C).

These are what I generally will try and sell these for on the market. We are looking to try and get as much bang for our buck without spending too much time trying to sell things. By this you should at least have your Multistrike by the early to mid 20's.

Selling quality gems you will not use is another easy chaos gain, use poe.xyz.is to price them as well as uniques you may find. (generally only for 10%+. You can use the quality recipe in Fhark's section to convert the lesser ones).

This method also plays into the an easy way to gear... see the next section

Having gearing issues while leveling? Here is how to fix that.
Spoiler
First, we use poe.xyz.is. Make sure you select the appropriate league.

Enter your parameters and hit search.

example:
I want a chest so I select "body"

I want armor or armor evasion so I simply put a "1" in min under armor and this will at least give me all the armor, armor evasion, and armor energy shield options (we can neglect this last one).

I need fire resists:
I select +#% to Fire Resists

I also need some cold resists:
I press "add mod" and then select +#% to cold resists

I lastly would like to try and get some HP on the item as well
I select +# to maximum life

Select buyout and online now (if in a rush) to see the most convenient options available. The same idea can be applied to purchasing end game items but do not just simply shop online now. Check out all your options and add the player to your friends list if they are not online and wait a bit for them to appear. When you add them right click and "edit note". here put the item name and price you were looking for. Helps a lot.

Now most upgrades should be listed around 1 chaos or so, for leveling gear at least... 99% of the time you can contact the player and since leveling rares don't move fast you can probably pick it up by offering 1 fusing, or 10 alts, or even an alchemy for it.

That is gearing on a budget and is a great way to keep your defenses capt.

Damage Calculators
Spoiler
Fearmonger's Google Doc for MS Projectile (more user friendly)
Spoiler

Dmillz's Google Doc for MS Projectile DPS

Specific Item/build variant testing
Spoiler
Marohi isn't for Everyone
Spoiler
Marohi, oh Marohi, how your damage is so leet but your price is so high.

Do you need a Marohi? Hell no. Do you want a Marohi? up to the preference of the stupid rich player who can blow currency out the door.

What is the advantage of a Marohi? Best damage per projectile hit. But its DPS is not superior to many rares for a 5L (6L debatable) or less overall.

For example:

has 50 more weapon dps when you calculate in the attack speed then Marohi (perfect phys dmg roll) and cost me about 1/4 or 1/5 the price of a 5L. Now this saves me tons of currency cause I can now easily by 5L or even a 6L chest piece. We don't need the sockets in our weapon either and since a 6L Marohi is like what, 20EX on ambush, its just not worth it.

The pro of Marohi is it does act as a 7 link (with +Inc Aoe gem trait on it). It is slow as hell though and you would want quite a bit of attack speed to counter this... thankfully this build does provide that.

On the other hand the IAS from the build works great with a rare, like the one i listed. Lots and Lots of fireballs oh my.

TL:DR - If you are a billionare go for it. If you are an average joe skip it. Only worth it if it is a 6L.

Wings of Entropy
Spoiler
Not worth it. The damage lost is massive with this weapon. I tested this with and without AoF. One would need to stack some serious phys dmg nodes to make up for it and the defenses are not worth the dps drop. Much better to just run a 1h weapon + shield.

Kry's BoR Test Complete
Spoiler

Bringer of Rain put up a good race but in the end it simply is not worth running. BoR just has to many holes to fill when running with molten strike. We need to run BM for auras as the loss to grace is a big hit vs our physical mitigation. Life Leech was less of an issue when running with a Carnage Heart as we could sustain ourselves quite well off of the physical damage alone but it could not hold up as well versus burst attacks. Also when the community progresses to a 6 linked item it will be hands down the better choice to run. Also BoR is vulnerable to stun. We could run
but this would require us to run both BM and LL dropping our damage below a 5L community set up by a decent bit.

TL:DR to many holes to fill with BoR leaves it subpar to LC + three dragons

Char: Kry_BringerOfMoltenRain
Level:67
RIP: 0
Chaos Earned:113c (found a good roll Rats Nest)
Chaos Spent:48.5c
Current Wallet:64.5c
Goal: 3ex+ Doryani's Catalyst level 75

HP:4057
Res: 79/78/78
tooltip dmg: 6050 (1h dps)
*running point blank now, 50% dps boost to projectiles*
*running Hatred*

current weapon:

lvl 19 - Bought Multistrike 2C (ambush) expect 4c in HC
lvl 21 - Bought 4L Geofri's 2C
lvl 31 - Bought Carnage Heart 10c (Please do not purchase this until my testing is done).
*I find the best time to gear up is before your piety kill or before you work towards dom*
lvl 36 - Bought HP/x2 res helm, chest, boots - 1 fusing each (138/88/95) Pretty set for cruel. Still looking at gloves.
lvl 48 - Bought 5L chest - 3c
lvl 49 - Bought 300dps lvl 65 1handed axe - 30chaos
lvl 51 - Bought 1h weapon - 3c (could have gotten better for less but I was impatient)

Current Skill Tree (not updated)

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEABS0OPBQgFHEYkRpVG8gnLymlMn426DpSPfxDMUp9TipQR1b6Vw1YY1nzW69eE18_YEthIWSjZp5noGoecql0QXTtdud673zZhO-HdozPkFWRzp7Nn8ukrKTCpzCoGKyqtkG77byfwBrG2NIh3Q3jn-8O8i_2SPcy9778xQ==

-Take unwavering stance till you equip your BoR

Yes this is a shield build, but we do not need shields until we want to replace Geofri's, or if we get lucky we can get a temporary replacement giving us more time to save.

***I will level this build through merc3 without relying on anything I previously own. All items bought will be earned from drops only on this character***

Normal Recap
Spoiler

Level:38
Dom Kill @ lvl 38
RIPs: 0

Chaos Earned:25c
Chaos Spent:15.5c
Current Wallet:9.5c

HP:1432
Res: 77/76/76
tooltip dmg: 855
*running NO aruas*

lvl 19 - Bought Multistrike 2C (ambush) expect 4c in HC
lvl 21 - Bought 4L Geofri's 2C
lvl 31 - Bought Carnage Heart 10c (Please do not purchase this until my testing is done).
*I find the best time to gear up is before your piety kill or before you work towards dom*
lvl 36 - Bought HP/x2 res helm, chest, boots - 1 fusing each (138/88/95) Pretty set for cruel. Still looking at gloves.

End of normal Skill Tree

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEADjwUIBRxGJEaVRvIJy8yfjboOlI9_EMxUEdXDVhjXhNfP2EhZKNqHnKpdO1253zZhO-Mz5HOns2fy6SspzCoGLZBu-28n8bY0iHfv-Of7w7yL_ZI9zL3vg==

Cruel Recap
Spoiler
Level:53 Cruel act 3
RIP: 0
Chaos Earned:53c
Chaos Spent:48.5c
Current Wallet:4.5c

HP:2427
Res: 77/76/76
tooltip dmg: 1730 (1h dps)
*running point blank now, 50% dps boost to projectiles*
*running Hatred*

current weapon:

lvl 48 - Bought 5L chest - 3c
lvl 49 - Bought 300dps lvl 65 1handed axe - 30chaos
lvl 51 - Bought 1h weapon - 3c (could have gotten better for less but I was impatient)

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEABS0OPBQgFHEYkRpVG8gnLymlMn426DpSPfxDMUp9TipQR1b6Vw1YY1nzW69eE18_YEthIWSjZp5noGoecql0QXTtdud673zZhO-HdozPkFWRzp7Nn8ukrKTCpzCoGKyqtkG77byfwBrG2NIh3Q3jn-8O8i_2SPcy97760vzF

Have fun, enjoy, and go melt some faces (other MS variations at the bottom).

Best of luck out there!
-Kry

Much Thanks To:

- Thank you Vandenreich for testing out iron grip and confirming it works.
- Thank you Clean for your help in testing and letting me throw ideas at you.
- Thank you Dmillz for finding all those great formulas and that melee phys isn't hot with this build due to how it applies. Great find with the FA testing.
- Thank you Fearmonger for the great suggestions as well as the AoF concept posted at the bottom.
- Thank you hdfwnb and victordoom. They have helped really shave the points of the main build down as far as its core structure allowing us to take even more pathing options.
- Arsenaldo for his Atziri kills and build advice
- Fhark for his currency/recipe guide - strong arm over born to fight passive change.
- Timbo for the suggestions and ideas for the 1.2 version. The Community thanks you.

2-Week Race Dual Wield Claw + Crit Molten Strike Guide - New Player Friendlier

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/928622

Claws provide a built in LGOH/LL set up. Though the base damage of claws is minimal you will not notice it. This also allows you get only really require a 4L instead of a 5L.

2-Handed MS AoE Burn Prolif using 4L HoA(work in progress)
Spoiler

This is a 2h burn prolif build I designed using Herald of Ash (HoA) and there is only 1 item requirement, Pyre. Pyre only cost 1 chaos so its you can pretty much afford that within the first 30 min. of the game. Pyre is used to convert Hatred to fire damage giving us 100% boosted damage and scaling it with our fire nodes. 2h weapons are used to generate larger overkill and harder prolif burns. A good overkill will net the same result as a burning discharge build. The build also will run 4 60% auras. If you plan on running 4 60% auras you will want Alphas Howl. If you run 3 60% and PoF, you can get away with a quality Red. Mana. Quality reduced mana is something you can simply build into.

Enjoy the burn!!!!!

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAi4wFWzwFn99G1-0g4XPvfASzFE2DOKIAAnHsOFfiMol35ZBVp4QaOMAar41mnhcv-tKApFXWZOfjajbpj0YdFPfXm6GsmOxVKo1JGzbY8Wx82XKprKpZ8xRx-OvqGPcyCfYlrf0LA8afyw48g7YnC0Kjtz7GrjwtxPYn7TWS2L3-CjGepldN4_6PFSAqTT8nSshuqrXypDnQgUfiIuIppU4qW6_dDSzpSn2Hdmeg_MVW-qTCFHWHGWwW_EupaFXGOlgulJeFNPchsPAfTZIj9qOK7g4=

This build will eventually run 4 x 60% aruas.

HoA + Ele prolif + inc. burn damage + Red. Mana
Grace
Hatred (buffed to 100% of its potential with Pyre)
Anger (least powerful of them all)

If you plan on running 4 60% auras you will want Alphas Howl.

6-link in priority
1)Molten Strike
2)WED
3)Life Leech (once we get +% fire leech from gear we will swap to conc. effect at the 6th priority position).
4)Blood Magic
5)Multi
6)Fire Pen

should be running 4L once you start using Geoffri's. Easy to make it 4L or just buy one already linked.

Now if you want to run a 1 hit wonder style (burn damage is even crazier) you can drop multi and add in added fire as your 6th priority gem. Sustain will be lower in return.

Norm: Oak
Cruel: Oak or Kraityn
Merc: passive

Cheap and effective Weapon Progression:
Geoffri's Baptism till 58 then get a Kaom's Primacy. Geoffri's should only cost 1c and Kaom's is only about 4 or 5c. Kaom's will last through starting maps.

With the auras you can swap anger for extra resistances or determination for increased armour depending on your link availability and what map you will be facing.

Note: You do not need to take AoF or fire nodes. You can easily take phys weapons if you choose so for your preference. The burn mechanic will still apply to your AoE smashing.

Pyre goes up to 40% burn damage.

***This build will easily get into maps but I cannot say if it is an Aztiri killer, probably not. It does not pack the same defenses as the main build***

***Check out Dmillz's interesting take on Molten Strike (mana use + 1h/shield variation).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911916***

***Fearmonger's AoF Concept***
Spoiler
(this would be similar in passive tree structure to this guide, AoF would have a higher priority)

First off, here's the link setup I was thinking about running (with AoF):
Molten Strike
Weapon Ele Damage
Multistrike
Life Gain on Hit
Fire Penetration
Blood Magic

The problem with fitting Added Fire in is that most of the other supports I listed are just strictly better in any reasonable situation. For example:
Weapon Ele Damage: If you're running AoF this is clearly the best support by a mile and you'd be crazy not to run it. The only time I wouldn't be running AoF is if I got a 6L, where I would drop Blood Magic & AoF passives, run Blood Magic (support) and Hatred and Grace. Since I'd be running Hatred this keeps Weapon Elemental Damage more effective (Added Fire is would be an effective 28% gain as it doesn't scale Hatred, whereas Weapon Elemental Damage would be an effective 41.6% gain because ~70% of your damage would be elemental between Molten Strike's conversion and Hatred).
Multistrike: Is strictly better if you're running Hatred (because again, it scales Hatred and Added Fire does not), but even if you're not it's almost mandatory solely to get more consistent projectile spread.
Fire Penetration: Mandatory if you don't want to have shit damage against fire resistant mobs, especially with AoF.
Blood Magic: Grants comparable damage by allowing you to run Hatred as well as huge survivability from a second aura (or you could run Haste if you really want to).
Life Gain on Hit: You kind of need to run this or Life Leech if you have AoF otherwise you'll have no sustain (aside from the ~6% life regen you have). Without AoF you could probably drop it but even then it's got to compete with either Concentrated Effect or whatever gem I listed you're not running, so it's definitely got tough competition.

PS: Since somebody asked why I don't run Conc Effect I'll put a short explanation here too.

I think I would run it on a 6L when I drop Life Gain on Hit, but on a 5L I'm not sure on its effectiveness, and it's a tough call what to swap out if anything for the reasons listed above. I would probably have to drop Multistrike which I'm not sure is something I want to do.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 27, 2016, 2:21:19 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2017, 3:13:46 PM
Trying it out now :) hmm i was thinking on the passive tree would it be a good idea to go for amplify and grab faith and steel on the way.
No Iron Grip btw?
What do you think about dropping melee physical and adding increased AoE
@Vend I still need to test it, probably today, but the damage scales from our weapon already and in my mind I don't see iron grip applying any more damage. I kind of hope it doesn't cause we don't need more damage haha.

@rovian - that would simply be a matter of prefference. I found inc. Or dec. The aoe tends to alter how far the projectiles will travel out. For me I want to keep them tight so the attack does max dmg vs bosses... huge difference in damage when all the proectiles hit your main target. Multi gives, for my needs, spreads the attack out enough by switching between mobs and inadvertently spreading the projectiles around.

As far as faith and steel, I wouldn't bother.
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 1, 2014, 11:03:24 AM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
@Vend I still need to test it, probably today, but the damage scales from our weapon already and in my mind I don't see iron grip applying any more damage. I kind of hope it doesn't cause we don't need more damage haha.

@rovian - that would simply be a matter of prefference. I found inc. Or dec. The aoe tends to alter how far the projectiles will travel out. For me I want to keep them tight so the attack does max dmg vs bosses... huge difference in damage when all the proectiles hit your main target. Multi gives, for my needs, spreads the attack out enough by switching between

Already tested it on my lvl 77 mara that had a free respec.
Its a huge dps increase. And that for only a couple of points with your current build. No reason not to take it.
Vand, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for the time saver and sharing your results... updating build now
Well i dont know what my pref is at the moment ill probably end up trying both. I think the single target damage is strong from what ive played im level 25 atm so thats why i wanted more AoE.

And what do you think of LMP or GMP i tried LMP and it was pretty fun to see 5 projectiles coming out when using with multistrike it looked awesome.
"
Rovian wrote:
Well i dont know what my pref is at the moment ill probably end up trying both. I think the single target damage is strong from what ive played im level 25 atm so thats why i wanted more AoE.

And what do you think of LMP or GMP i tried LMP and it was pretty fun to see 5 projectiles coming out when using with multistrike it looked awesome.

LMP and GMP will give you more projectiles but from what I have noticed since the projectiles are already doing 40% less damage and further decreasing the damage it really made LMP and GMP not seem that great. It is fun as hell to watch all them fireballs though :P I did test this at 2am this morning so I will be revisiting it and with Iron Grip confirmed it would be worth looking into again.
Fair enough i thought it was really cool and it did decent damage so i thought id ask. anyways since you said probably not best to go for faith and steel. What do you think of coming down from elemental adaptation and going for celestial walker all the way round to amplify and then grabbing the regen and life nodes there?

EDIT: Another question would you be able to explain to me exactly what point blank does and how it helps this build? I'm really unsure on what it does exactly ;D
Last edited by Rovian on May 1, 2014, 11:16:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info