1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

I also want to keep using this build, please update to 2.0!
bookmarked

Looks nice the build, I hope he is going to update the build soon.
Last edited by Afura on Jul 12, 2015, 5:42:03 PM
Hey guys, I unfortunately did not put any effort into the workings of this build with the 2.0 patch. With that said I can devise a tree but will it be ideal? Probably not. Will it suffice, of course. It may be a bit before I can get to truly optimizing a tree.

If anyone who is currently playing this build in 2.0 has an already optimized tree and would like to share it I will gladly post it (with credit of course).

Let me know guys, thanks.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Hey guys, I unfortunately did not put any effort into the workings of this build with the 2.0 patch. With that said I can devise a tree but will it be ideal? Probably not. Will it suffice, of course. It may be a bit before I can get to truly optimizing a tree.

If anyone who is currently playing this build in 2.0 has an already optimized tree and would like to share it I will gladly post it (with credit of course).

Let me know guys, thanks.

Hello Kartikdon,

Thx you for your reply.

I already started a molten strike build (but I'am only level 10 for now), I followed your build 1.3.

If you want and if you have the time would be nice to make a new skill tree, I guess there are still some users here that wanna play this build.

I just spoke with a guy ingame who used to have a molten strike build, he told me that the damage is still ok, but for 74+ maps you will have big dps problems. So I don't know if I will stick to a molten strike build or not, I really would like to have the build that can do 74+ maps.

I am always unlucky with builds, it is the fifth time now that my build or the build I wanna do got nerfed hehe.
Last edited by Afura on Jul 13, 2015, 6:56:13 AM
I'm playing the 1h+shield variant in HC tempest league at the moment with a tree i made which is pretty much the 1.3 tree but transferred over to 2.0. Could probably do with some extra work and looking over though for it to be fully optimized.

Heres the tree

Current Gear at level 57

3103HP | 33% phys reduction | all capped res | 138 life regen/sec | 3,143 tooltip with Molten with Anger+HoA
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Jul 13, 2015, 10:33:55 PM
Sweet. I'll check the tree out either tonight or tomorrow.
First build (first post too). Really getting some mileage out of it.

I think 2.0 makes this build stronger primarily by moving some nodes closer (less wasted points getting to them) and also two-handers got a buff through the changes to Wrecking Crew (and the two slots leading up to it). We used to have a collective total of 18% AS and 20% Phys Damage but now we get 16% AS and 40% Phys Damage (making those nodes mandatory in my book). Running Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction is worth it now as we can net another 20% to life (big boost) in the process through the addition of those two nodes and the two we will save (read on).

Point Blank and Iron Reflexes are right off the main path, saving us another additional two slots. You can net another 10% life if you so wish, or go with Cloth and Chain (which is now one node closer now too).

Lastly, I think not choosing any of the of the Bandits is viable as you can reach Constitution (and all the life nodes around it), giving us a whopping additional 34% (and 20 points) to life! It's a bit of an expensive trade-off, but this build does run low if you opt to use HoA and Blood Magic (which frees you up from the Mana starvation whilst still keeping DPS high). There are actually more possibilities now in 2.0 I feel, where we can either nab life or more dps than 1.3.

Anyway, I'll link my Passive Skill Tree
Spoiler

Current Gear
Spoiler

Life: 2.9k/4.1k | 55% PDR | 162.4 Life Regen/Sec | Capped Fire/Lightning/Cold Resist | 5% Chaos Resist (Merciless) | 27k Sheet DPS with HoA and FG

One thing I've been experimenting with is using Flicker Strike for mobility and tying it in with Fortify. Basically, you flicker to your enemy, nab the Fortify buff, drop down an Enduring Cry to build endurance charges and stack additional armor, then wallop your way to glory. Been successful so far. Tying it in with Increased Attack Speed makes it much more successfully than using something like Leap Slam which doubles great as a bridge to get to places on a map that you'd otherwise have to make a pass for, but if there's an enemy in that location, Flickering to them works equally well.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Jul 26, 2015, 1:04:30 AM
Would the big changes to LMP/GMP alter the premise that they aren't very good for this build?
"
Lungboy wrote:
Would the big changes to LMP/GMP alter the premise that they aren't very good for this build?

LMP/GMP never were good for the build, still are not.
Question:

Currently the best gems from the calculator dps wise seem to be conc affect, multi, WED

I'm running life on hit as well

My question is, if you drop one of those gems for blood magic, and use auras instead, how can you calculate which is better? the calculator on the first page is awesome but doesn't include any heralds, just the standard 4 auras.

I'm guessing that hatred is a no brainer, which reserves 50%. But you could also throw on 2 heralds if you swap in blood magic gem.

TL;dr
Hatred + conc affect, multi, WED, LL
or
hatred + conc, multi, LL, BM + HoT + HoA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info