1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Much appreciated. With HoA instead of Grace, and a ring with mana leech:

... I am 18k Molten Tooltip DPS.

Armor is at 6.7k and life is at 4k. Is that enough armor/life for the level I am at? It's really hard for me to drop Grace, since I've been using it so long :)
Resistances are all at around 145% so I am capped.

As for the Carnage Heart, it's there for +attributes and 10% life leech.
IGN: Kuratti
IGN: Sisatta
Last edited by Kuratti on May 15, 2015, 12:39:45 PM
"
Kuratti wrote:
Much appreciated. With HoA instead of Grace, and a ring with mana leech:

... I am 18k Molten Tooltip DPS.

Armor is at 6.7k and life is at 4k. Is that enough armor/life for the level I am at? It's really hard for me to drop Grace, since I've been using it so long :)
Resistances are all at around 145% so I am capped.

As for the Carnage Heart, it's there for +attributes and 10% life leech.

You can get a high life, all attribute, dex/int neck. Here's mine

The reduction to your max life is not worth the benefit. If you switch to lgoh, you'll be fine for leech.

4k life is a little low - do you have life on all your gear? The tree I posted had 15% more max life then your previous one - that's kind of a lot of life. With Life Gain on Hit, you wont need the 10% leech. The LGoH triggers on the 3 melee attacks and each projectile. So, that's 12 hits per swing. That's 500 life per swing, restored instantly. (at level 20 lgoh)

6k armor is enough - i'm running 4k on my 2h cycloner but I also run Blood Rage + 18/20 lgoh with almost 9k life. If you're worried about getting smacked by bit physical hitters, get a ironskin granite and/or a taste of hate.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on May 15, 2015, 4:23:03 PM
"
Edzilla wrote:
4k life is a little low - do you have life on all your gear?

After removing the Carnage Heart and replacing it with this ( best I could find ):

... life went up to 4.6k. So, I'm quite happy :)

As for life on gear, yeah. It's on most of it, except the gloves, which have %Armor+Evasion. My plan, as I level up more, is to get Point Blank, and after that go for +life nodes. Good idea?

As it stands now:

WEAPON:

ARMOR:

AMULET & RINGS:

FLASKS:
Last edited by Kuratti on May 15, 2015, 7:24:13 PM
"
Kuratti wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
4k life is a little low - do you have life on all your gear?

After removing the Carnage Heart and replacing it with this ( best I could find ):

... life went up to 4.6k. So, I'm quite happy :)

As for life on gear, yeah. It's on most of it, except the gloves, which have %Armor+Evasion. My plan, as I level up more, is to get Point Blank, and after that go for +life nodes. Good idea?

As it stands now:

WEAPON:

ARMOR:

AMULET & RINGS:

FLASKS:

Not bad. Yeah, point blank will boost your dps by a lot. I'd stack life after that though - you want to get around 6k to be ok in high-end maps. I've got almost 9, and i've dipped down to 10% and lower before on hard map mods of double exiles nailing me.

Also, unless you plan to 6 link your hammer, i'd just try and grab a rare 2hander with higher DPS.
Last edited by Edzilla on May 16, 2015, 1:22:47 AM
Great. Love hearing I did not screw up this build :)

As for rare high phys weapon, Marohi was the highest phys weapon I had currency for at the time I was looking for one, and I got it for a discounted price. I could not pass up :)

A question, if I may... Is it viable to, instead of Hatred, run with a 4l Herald of Ash, Elemental Proliferation, Increased Duration, Reduced Mana? Clear speed with that setup should be amazing, since mobs would just burn up before I reach them. Lower Tooltip DPS, in that case, shouldn't be much of a concern.

EDIT:
Tried out this combo, seems to work and fulfills both roles.
Spoiler
Last edited by Kuratti on May 16, 2015, 7:07:49 AM
"
Kuratti wrote:
Great. Love hearing I did not screw up this build :)

As for rare high phys weapon, Marohi was the highest phys weapon I had currency for at the time I was looking for one, and I got it for a discounted price. I could not pass up :)

A question, if I may... Is it viable to, instead of Hatred, run with a 4l Herald of Ash, Elemental Proliferation, Increased Duration, Reduced Mana? Clear speed with that setup should be amazing, since mobs would just burn up before I reach them. Lower Tooltip DPS, in that case, shouldn't be much of a concern.

EDIT:
Tried out this combo, seems to work and fulfills both roles.
Spoiler

Nice.

Sadly, they're nerfing elemental prolif in the next patch, but it will probably still work for you since you don't base your build around it.
After hoarding currency, I did a respec into a 1h + Shield build at lvl 87. I can say that I am much more satisfied with this, than I was with the 2h one i ran before. Feels like a completely new character, goes through maps like I go through food!

Since I wanted to reach AoF as soon as possible, there are a few passive points missing here and there, but those will be allocated during leveling.

Broke as hell now, because of the new gear and the needed respec, it will take some time until I replace those gloves for better resistance ones. I have enough armour :)

Passive Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtBg4GOQn2DPcNzRQgFE0UdRiRGNsZLhm0GjgaPhzOHRQirySLJy8n7SmlK1AvzDJ-Nug4Uz0PPfxAoEbXR35NRk4qUWBXDVhjWfNbr14TXz9gS2FSYuxj_WVNZp5qk3GFcql07XbneTl65nrvfNl-4oIHgpuE2YTvhmCMz5BVmjuezaIApMKnMKmVrKqsr62Nr42xQrZBvJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsC_wYLE9sbYz37SIdR82WHhc-nV7DjvDu9O8kHzBvMR9kj3MvrS-6r8S_5U

Armor
Spoiler

Jewellery
Spoiler

Weapon & Shield
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Gems - see gear above.

This build is definitely best at 1h + shield variant. So, thank you all for conjuring up this kickass marauder!!! But, being able to run 75+ maps without the issues i had earlier was worth it.
Last edited by Kuratti on Jun 1, 2015, 5:10:30 AM
Reached a milestone that is level 90, so I thought about posting an update for my build. Still a kickass toon, facetanking bosses and cleaning up trash like there's no tomorrow.

Playing maps of all levels, from 70 to 76. Higher level ( 76+ ) maps are played in groups, since my map pool blows. My gear is changed a bit, as can be seen from previous post, and so is the passive tree ( a bit ). 2 points more will go towards Amplify. Yeah, still saving for a better armor. Belly is reaching the end of it's usefulness. Bad luck with GCPrisms, so my gems suck :(

5k life, 7.5k armor, 10.4k tooltip dps, res capped.

EDIT ( June 21. ): Got the Rumi's Concoction :)

Aiming to go lvl 100 with this guy.

Still need a better endgame armour, and probably shuffle the rings a bit after that. But, it's been quite a struggle. First character and all...

But, by God, they all burn! :D

GEAR:
Spoiler

PASSIVE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtBg4GOQn2DPcNzRQgFE0UdRiRGNsZLhm0GjgaPhzOHRQirySLJy8n7SmlK1AvzDJ-Nug4Uz0PPfxAoEbXR35NRk4qUWBXDVfiWGNbr14TXz9gS2FSYuxj_WVNZp5qk3GFcql07Xbnd-V5OXrmeu98u3zZfuKCB4KbhNmE74ZgjM-QVZ7Nn9-iAKTCpzCplayvrY2vjbFCtkG8n702vqfAGsBmwL_BgsT2xtjPftIh1HzZYeFz6dXsOO0g7w7vTu988kHzBvMR9kj3MvrS-6r8S_5U
Last edited by Kuratti on Jun 21, 2015, 11:49:58 AM
Some1 have a video with this build?
are gonna update this build for awakening patch?

its an awesome build i wanna keep using this build in 2.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info