1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

I for one am using determination and anger with Hearld of Fire and am very happy with it.

Before, I used to run the same with Alpha's Howl and reserve nodes to achieve those three plus Tempest Shield, curse on hit, Warlord's Mark. Very nice block rating, but lacking damage for my taste (really nice defense though).

Dual Curse (Amulet) with Warlord's Mark and Enfeeble does it for me at the moment. Trouble with Ele Reflect though.

Current Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by bachorias on Apr 26, 2015, 2:58:47 PM
"
Does it worth it to take herald of thunder for shock instead of 3 dragons ?

it will work. HoT + CoH + 2 curses is a great way to go.

"
cookiewalla wrote:
Hey! Im a total noob, just started playing again, im having alot of fun with this build but im wondering are any of the heralds worth using? And what aura or somesuch should i use at lower levels? Thanks for any replies!

HoA is good enough to get you through merc.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Apr 27, 2015, 6:18:38 PM
Hi ! I was thinking about coming back to PoE and always liked molten strike animation but never tried playing it and now I want too . Would you recommend going 1H+shield or 2H ?
"
cookiewalla wrote:
Hey! Im a total noob, just started playing again, im having alot of fun with this build but im wondering are any of the heralds worth using? And what aura or somesuch should i use at lower levels? Thanks for any replies!

both are strong but ultimately with Doryani's Catalyst being best in slot I suggest going 1h + Shield
Gear
Spoiler

Passive three @ lvl 57

I probably havent made the best choice going for the early reduced mana nodes and AoF but it's going nicely so far. Currently in Act2 merciless.

I'm getting to the point where I think I need to make some choices on where to go itemization-wise and maybe get some input on my thoughts. I'm fairly new to PoE (got like 300hours played).

End-goal build
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_Fhjxtj2SO8OFCBfP3k5fuIaPp7N6dV25zhTIq-CB_JB0iHPfq2N2WFXDQn21HwGDiftGS582fcycqnE9v5UDc0rUBzOPQ-QVRo4wBpZ86yqY_165nGFsULzEUbXgpvsOCcv73w8BZo7ogDhcwSzwGb60mae42oWb6-NHRSkwhR1GNtAoF4T705hUoZgNugB56cwrK8M96mVwL8yfgUtYEuE73TtwYJNRmLsKaVOKluv_EsUTRiRvJ_zBvuqBjkki1Fgeu-9Nkd-hNkvzGVNvqcZtLZBapM=

I was thinking about going for Alpha's Howl and run Hatred, Grace and HoA with a lvl 17 reduced mana gem. Using BM for my active skills anyway so dont need mana to spend. Is this a bad idea?

And got tipped about maybe using a Pyre ring, and it's looking tempting. Is that a good option?

Any other tips?
"
I was thinking about going for Alpha's Howl and run Hatred, Grace and HoA with a lvl 17 reduced mana gem. Using BM for my active skills anyway so dont need mana to spend. Is this a bad idea?

You've got a couple of choices with auras and mana reserved.

I used to run for a long time:
Alpha's Howl + Sovereignty Keystone + BM-gem to fit Grace, Hatred and Herald of Ash in a 4-link and Tempest Shield, Corse on Hit, Warlord's Mark in a 3-link.

Check the Aura Calculator:

While it was awesome defense (+4% block from Tempest Shield, +3% from a corrupted Stone of Lazhwar), it lacked damage for me in maps 75+. It worked well enough though!

A few weeks ago I switched the Stone of Lazhwar to a +1 curse, and Alpha's Howl to Three Dragons. Additionally, since I can have Warlord's Mark up next to Enfeeble, I could take out the Life Leech gem from the 5-link (still got no 6-link @ lvl 91).

I also just switched to AoF at level 89 or 90.

My auras with the Sovereignty Keystone are Determination (not much difference to grace, and red socket is easier for me), Anger (got better then hatred at some point, even before AoF) and Herald of Ash.

My current skilltree:
Does solidarity bonus damage affect Molten Strike projectiles?
I played a dual Flametotem build in the 1MSC for first but switched to this build on a new character.

Currently level 43 running HoA+Inc.Burn+EP+RM as well as MS in the suggested 5L. Going for the general 2H build because I don't see me buying a Doryani's Catalyst during this month and the attack speed is required in comparison to the 2h mace build, simply because the multistrike animation is so damn long.

This build is so much fun it's unbelievable, thanks a lot.
If someone finds the time, a comment about this build would be appreciated. I feel the damage output is below acceptable ( around 15K, will check later to be more precise ) and survivability on lvl 70+ maps is really an issue. LVL 83 Marauder.

What am I doing wrong?

PASSIVE TREE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtBg4HdQn2FCAUTRiRGS4ZtBo4Gj4c5yFVIq8nICcvJ-0ppSz7Mn4yiTboOFM8BT38RmlG10d-TipXDVfiWGNZ81uvXhNfP2BLYSFhUmP9ZU1qHmo7apNxhXKpdO12rHbnd-V65nrvfNmCB4KbhNmE74Zgh2qKIozPkFWQbJo7ns2fy6IApzCpJ6mUrKqtjbFCtkG8n702vqfAGsBmwKbG2M9-0iHUfNlh3D3hc-oY7DjtIO8O707vfPIv8kHzEfZI9zL8Sw==

GEAR:
Spoiler

FLASKS:
Spoiler

AMULET & RINGS:
Spoiler
IGN: Kuratti
IGN: Sisatta
Last edited by Kuratti on May 15, 2015, 6:32:29 AM
"
Kuratti wrote:
If someone finds the time, a comment about this build would be appreciated. I feel the damage output is below acceptable ( around 15K, will check later to be more precise ) and survivability on lvl 70+ maps is really an issue. LVL 83 Marauder.

What am I doing wrong?

PASSIVE TREE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtBg4HdQn2FCAUTRiRGS4ZtBo4Gj4c5yFVIq8nICcvJ-0ppSz7Mn4yiTboOFM8BT38RmlG10d-TipXDVfiWGNZ81uvXhNfP2BLYSFhUmP9ZU1qHmo7apNxhXKpdO12rHbnd-V65nrvfNmCB4KbhNmE74Zgh2qKIozPkFWQbJo7ns2fy6IApzCpJ6mUrKqtjbFCtkG8n702vqfAGsBmwKbG2M9-0iHUfNlh3D3hc-oY7DjtIO8O707vfPIv8kHzEfZI9zL8Sw==

GEAR:
Spoiler

FLASKS:
Spoiler

AMULET & RINGS:
Spoiler

Drop Grace for Herald of Ash.

Drop Blood Magic for Life Gain on Hit. (20/20 would be best)

Pick up Point Blank passive, from this.

Pick up some mana leech from your gear, at least 2 % should cover your cost.

Not really a big fan of Carnage Heart.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on May 15, 2015, 8:33:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info