1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

I'm going for the 1H AoF build (currently 36), and i'm wondering which nods i should take first. Is AoF worth it at low level or should i just go straight to Point blank (build here ) and Iron reflexes at the bottom right of the tree ?
Thanks for the help.
@Teflondon1975

Oh, my apologies. I didn't note that you said Bloodlines. I was referring to prices in Standard. I guess it stands to reason the Cat. would be more expensive in Bloodlines - as with most things - due to the scarcity. Guess you'll need that week of farming to get one if it's really the way you want to go.

Good luck
"
Derzelaz wrote:
Would Herald of Ash be a good addition to this build ?

Yes, it is mentioned I believe in the 1.2 section.
"
blaupe wrote:
I'm going for the 1H AoF build (currently 36), and i'm wondering which nods i should take first. Is AoF worth it at low level or should i just go straight to Point blank (build here ) and Iron reflexes at the bottom right of the tree ?
Thanks for the help.

Dont bother with AoF until much later, 70 to 75 range. Going for point blank and IR.
Is there a video showcase some where?
Hi guys,

I just came back to this game and I decided to use this build. And so far I'm 43 in Act 2 Cruel and having a great and easy time. I had one question about the tree though, and I wanted to pass it by people smarter than me:

Right in the Templar starting area, under Elementalist, is a node for elemental damage with weapons with the keystone Catalyst. It's 24% elemental damage with weapons. On the way there is 10% elemental damage with weapons and 8 Elemental damage.

Wouldnt it be worth it to grab Catalyst with those 3 points?
Well, I don't use this particular version mapped out by the author, but it boils down to which of the other alternatives you want to give up as far as damage is concerned - all things being equal and assuming you want to try and maintain the status quo between armour, life, attack, etc.

Lava Lash gives you a straight 50% fire damage for three nodes, which is better.
Arsonist gives you 40% damage and 1% life reg, which is more valuable than the marginal additional damage you could get from Catalyst.
Celestial Punishment gives you less damage at 39% but kicks in with the 5% to freeze, shock, and fire. That's significant.
Celestial Judgement kicks in with 42% damage and a significant 2% penetration - again important.

Ultimately though it's your choice. Hope that helps.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Jan 28, 2015, 10:11:57 PM
is this 1h+shield build still viable after the block nerf??
Found this thread and figured I comment on my build using Pillar of the Caged God that I 6L with 1 chaos orb (3 jews 1 fuse=jack pot!) while spending my entire bankroll on a astramentis.

Here is my tree:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwSb7Irkr2xN4_6PNZLYvf4Ktz7GrjwtTP-mVzGexPZ99cQVHM49DytQDc3-VGjy8B-iAHxLlnS2hnKpVamXtGoB9zLqGPjrMn6GYDpSDjwUcaTCFHUY23TxIWBAoF4T705hUvJB0iGCB9l8rY3ZYc9-dqzxrCkufLgaPvIvajtqHhznXz_2SD38jM9YY8bYtfJuqkrIiq-QEYLkhVLrCTkOFCDvDlBH5FGIWqBCLIVaGhynDF9TpQSzCfbUfAYOJ-1ewHgNvooB3ITZ1fjEuG5pvqepbjIJcmxsRmBLBS0YXTzv

My gear:

Currently sitting on about 21K tool tip plus projectile. Not sure if that's low or not. The serious issue is heavy hitters which may be more of operater error rather than design flaw, i.e. not getting out of the way.

I scaled strength obviously and sitting at about 721. I'm focusing on adding a bit of attack speed right now (sits at 5.6 attacks per second)> I have leech for survival ability and been playing with blood rage as well. Run belly of the beast due to all the strength.

comments or suggestions would be nice!

I'm confused about empower, my damage output is about the same as with wed/added fire damage but tool tip indicates a drop in dps.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Feb 7, 2015, 6:09:44 AM
Greets all! See this thread is slowing down a bit haha. Still enjoying my MS guy, no chance of a doryani's anytime soon but all is well! One question: I see that a LC was recommended in the OP and other sections but more recently a lot of people seem to have moved to rares and even belly's etc. I have a LC(average rolls...not slot/linked yet) with limited time I can't see myself earning enough for another self made 6s/5l etc. is my best bang/buck likely the LC? or are people finding that a rare is the better bet?

I'm only using a rare(950 armor) 4L(sad face...68 and a 4l lol. Sitting at 6.5K TT) with decent tri res and don't really find melee damage an issue even with only 35% armor/melee reductions. Certainly nothing a granite/99% armor flask doesn't instantly fix. Pretty soon I'll be equipping a lioneye's remorse which will obviously add a monstrous amount of armor. Decisions Decisions haha. I can likely find a 5L(pre rolled or even base and craft it myself) that is at least decent for less than half the 350 jeweler/150 fuse cost. Anybody had a few different chests and have any input? Resists are not really an issue with the rare or the LC...I'm currently well over. Thanks all!
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info