1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

I'm not a very experienced player, so I'm wondering: do we use only Molten Strike for single targets (bosses) too ?

its a 1 skill wonder. Use it for everything.
Can confirm, it's a pretty good single target killer, especially the large size ones.
in the 1h + shield tree u can specc catalyse with the same points i think. u just may remove the two fire-dmg-nodes near celestial judgement. do you think it´s worth it?
Last edited by Mr_Andersson on Jan 7, 2015, 7:35:12 AM
Thanks, that was an oversight.

You could do:

110 point: drop 5% HP from above Heart of the Warrior and swap the two fire nodes for an 8% elemental node.

111 point: Drop the 5% HP and just gain 1 extra level to make the connection to catalyse.

end of the day it would be a very minor increase, not even noticeable unless you needed the stats for gear.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 8, 2015, 12:39:23 AM
at least u get one point, if you choose another path to IR: remove the 3 dex nodes between art of the gladiator and IR and connect it with the two dex nodes bottom^^ (u can take now a 30 INT/DEX node or w/e for free)

and after removing the 2 fire nodes near celestial judgement and the 2 str nodes on the left side beyond RT u could take the inner path over catalyse.
means overall (still using 110 points!):
"lose": 10 dex and two 12 incr fire dmg nodes
"win": 10 int and the 6/8/10/24 incr ele dmg with weapons nodes

greetings
Last edited by Mr_Andersson on Jan 8, 2015, 7:23:23 AM
Hey, great guide.
I've skipped part of middle comments so this might have been asked already. Sorry if that's the case.
Why don't you use Vaal Pact?

Thanks in advance!!

Yeah, as far as the dex nodes he's made a good point Kry. You've used three dex nodes to link across from Art of the Gladiator to PB and IR, when you could have just used two to carry over from where you picked up Testudo. Best guess is that you mapped the path from Gladiator to IR/PB first, went hunting for block nodes later, and didn't see the short cut.

I've actually taken a different path so I didn't notice it myself either.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Jan 8, 2015, 8:14:16 AM
QUick question about leveling/auras with the 1h AoF version:

What auras would you run? I know typically you would do hatred and possibly heralds, but I've never done AoF so I'm not sure on that point.

Leveling - I take it you would rush the templar section/RT first and weave over to the IR/PB?

Thanks!
As someone who's used both Hatred and Anger, I found the latter gave considerably more damage - if you used A0F and were loaded up on fire damage via the tree and gear. At level 80 I swapped out a 20/20 Hatred with an equivalent Anger and was quite surprised at the difference.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Jan 9, 2015, 7:42:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info