1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Rovian wrote:
With the build you did earlier for me with conc effect + Inc AoE. Im going to take out increased area of effect and not try it and just go with what you said.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEYkRmFGjgaVRpsG8gkqicvKaUxnjJ-Mok1kjboNuk6Uj38QzFHfkp9TeNOKlBHVvpXDVfiWGNYr1nzW69eE18_YEthIWSjZU1mnmegah5yqXK7dEF07XbneA1673zZgziE2YTvh2qHdojxjM-QVZBskc6ZK57Nn8uhbaIApKykwqZXpzCnhKgYqWipbqmUq8WsqrXytkG5zbvtvJ-9gcAaxtjSId0N37_jauOf7DjvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj3MvrS_MX-jw==

Adding BoR into the mix what nodes would you hit and when i can afford it i shall get the invitation belt (fire) possibly Shall see which is better.

I think im going to try BoR and Abyssus see which one is better. If i cant cap my resists atleast over 70% then ill drop BoR and stick with abyssus.

Again, I have no experience with BoR. Can any one else chime in on this? Like I said earlier it would depend on if you want to take advantage of blind or not. I probably would just forgo using the blind personally and stick with the current set up.

(Here I am unsure of)If you want to take the blind maybe drop unwavering as well as Iron reflexes so you can get as decent amount of evasion to utilize blind?

p.s. drop enforcer as well. I removed it from the templar section suggestion (newly added).
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 1, 2014, 2:50:37 PM
I would not use a BoR with Molten Strike. Melee Physical Damage gem is not very good with Molten Strike.
IGN: Dmillz
Okay no using a BoR how about abyssus? what do you think on that?
You should add Point Blank to the gem list. It's goddamn amazing.
I shall add it. I left it out originally since the gem and passive node do not stack.
They don't? :( dammit. Forget adding the gem then! The keystone is way better.

Current tree setup: http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0YkRjbGYUaOBpVGmwhYCSqJd8nLzJ-Mok26DbpOJY6Uj38QKBHfkp9UEdT31b6Vw1X4lhjWNtZ81uvXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaeZ6BqHm5pcql0QXTtdPF253fleu982YM4hNmE74d2i0-Mz5BVkc6bg57NoLSiAKSspMKnMKeEqBirxayqrK-0-bcXu-28n76nwA_AGsbYzNvSIdJN3Q3jauOf7DjvDu988B_yL_MG8932SPcy-tL8xQ==

Built to be HC viable. Only chose 98 points as base build. I would spend the rest on weapon specific damage passives.
Last edited by Dmillz on May 1, 2014, 4:21:01 PM
so added damage (i.e. added fire damage gem) does boost affect the damage of the projectiles unless i misread the wiki page. This may be a better option then fire pen, maybe. Can anyone confirm this?
"
Dmillz wrote:

Current tree setup: http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0YkRjbGYUaOBpVGmwhYCSqJd8nLzJ-Mok26DbpOJY6Uj38QKBHfkp9UEdT31b6Vw1X4lhjWNtZ81uvXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaeZ6BqHm5pcql0QXTtdPF253fleu982YM4hNmE74d2i0-Mz5BVkc6bg57NoLSiAKSspMKnMKeEqBirxayqrK-0-bcXu-28n76nwA_AGsbYzNvSIdJN3Q3jauOf7DjvDu988B_yL_MG8932SPcy-tL8xQ==

Built to be HC viable. Only chose 98 points as base build. I would spend the rest on weapon specific damage passives.

What if you took the WED nodes by point blank? Would boost both your initial fire damage hit and the projectiles damage. The projectiles are majority of the DPS anyways. Also since the projectiles are the major damage source you could grab the block nodes in templar and cap your block percent, throw on a stone of laz and gain a ton of spell block too. Way more survivability especially for HC and would be dirt cheap to do. Just an idea :)
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:

What if you took the WED nodes by point blank? Would boost both your initial fire damage hit and the projectiles damage. The projectiles are majority of the DPS anyways. Also since the projectiles are the major damage source you could grab the block nodes in templar and cap your block percent, throw on a stone of laz and gain a ton of spell block too. Way more survivability especially for HC and would be dirt cheap to do. Just an idea :)

I actually took those nodes originally, then ended up dropping them. The fire damage is all based off your physical damage, and I am fairly sure your projectiles do physical damage as well as fire (can anyone verify?). This means that a 10% physical node will give me 12% physical for the skill, of which 60% is converted to fire: 100 base damage. 10% node = 112 damage (67 fire). 10% elemental node gives me: 100 base damage. 10% node = 100 base damage (66 fire).

As for block, block is damn amazing, and depending on my dps/defence when I get to late-game with this tree there is a good chance I will take more block nodes and drop some DPS nodes.

Edit: I am trying to get confirmation as to how the projectiles damage is calculated, this will make a huge difference in the skills tree I run.
Last edited by Dmillz on May 1, 2014, 6:24:12 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
I would not use a BoR with Molten Strike. Melee Physical Damage gem is not very good with Molten Strike.

How is Melee Physical Damage not good with Molten Strike?

It increases the base damage, off of which the damage for the projectiles is calculated, therefore impacting both the initial hit and subsequent fire balls.

Maybe I am just not reading it correctly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info