1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Recently just hit 92, and I’ve been farm Atziri by this molten strike build since I 6L my high life STR based armour, I’d like to share few opinions. If I’m wrong please have your advice and correct me.

This build has 2 directions,

1 With AOF, Doryani’s Catalyst+Invitations belt + anger aura + 6L( must be with fire penetration+blood magic)
2 Without AOF, High phy dmg 1H weapon+ 4%+ mana leech on gears with hatred
Or Soul taker with hatred +6L

Which one is better? I don’t have paper data to proof this as im sucks at to use spread sheet. Need more people do test in the future and also it’s depends on your passives nodes, but AOF+ Doryani is easy to achieve, no problem to run all 78 maps as I’m using this setup, and atziri is capable to kill.

lightning coil definitely great item for levelling until u will have high life/Arm for the end game, because first you don’t have to worry about the lightning resist, second you will have more life and resist covering, third reason is to get 6S or 5s red sockets on lightning coil is more difficult rather than STR based armour.

About the 6th gems, with AOF+ Doryani sets, my gems setup is:
Have spoken and discussed with Kartikdon, he suggested the 6th gem is faster attacks
, as a very good reason on this is faster attacks gem can finished your multistrike hit quicker so can quicker dodge the big smash like vaal smash or dom’s touch, we also agreed that there isn’t much difference dps between faster attack and added fired dmg for the 6th.
However, I have done the dps check test by using faster attacks/added fire dmg/concentrated effect,
I used tabula killed M3 Dom 10 times by different gem selection, each time I used clock timer, and I calculated the average time after 10 run.
The results was: Concentrated effect =add fire dmg > faster attacks. I choose fire dmg instead of concentrated effect because add fire dmg has the same dmg input as co.e, but greater Aoe.

About the three dragons: This is debatable, I dropped the three dragons although three dragons is highly recommend. The reason behind this from my experience: I don’t notice much difference of clearing maps speed with/without dragons, especially for the high level 78 maps and high hp bosses. To use three dragons I have to use 3 more passives, and dragons helmet has no life on it. I prefer to use 3 passives to use on other dmg nodes such as fire/phy dmgs. So basically is like (Dragons helmet with shock chance) VS (80-100 hp helmet+3 passives+ ignited chance), I might wrong for this, but I feel more comfortable to drop dragons especially for atziri farm. Need more advice and test for this.

I would recommend a good cheap unique helmet for this build which is Hrimnor's Resolve
, this helmet has 30%(max roll) increased fire damage and 50% chance to avoid being chilled/frozen with high armour.
I also believes that Hrimnor’s(30%)+3 passives > three dragons. Need more people do the test and proof this.

My version of MS build is extremely tanky,9.3K armour, 5.35Khp+741es, max block75/69 spell block with tempest shield,
Doryani’s catalyst has L20 Elemental, so I use Tempest shield+blind+Iron will (or can setup the curse on hit+curses), the blind gives u great defensive factor combine with this weapon.

My gears
Spoiler

swap to these in different map rolls:

and swap to this for the atziri

My passives( that Armour and life 12%,6% likely to drop if I gain more levels)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtFE0U9hmFGjIaOBpVGmwa2xutHRQkqiXfJy8oxTJ-Mok26DbpOlI62D3iPfxHfkjuSn1MNU3YTipRYFPfVbVVxlb6Vw1X4lhjWNtZ81uvXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaeZ6Bqk2vZbmlwfXKpdEF07Xbnd-V673zZhNmE74Y7h3aMdozPj0aQVZHOm4OezaC0ogCkwqcwp4SplayqrK-vjbT5tkG307vtvJ--p8APwBrBBMbYz2XQ0NIh0k3V7dfL3Q3jauOf7DjuDu8O8B_zBvO-8932SPcy-tL8xQ==

Finally Im very happy with this build, thanks for this amazing molten strike build community, and thanks for Kartikdon and Dmillz spend your time with help me the build, great guys :).

IGN: Knightsly_ARM; Chaosly
Last edited by Arsenaldo on May 30, 2014, 11:46:23 PM
This is more or less my two cents here, but if you're using Phys Mana Leech and a 2Hander, BE CAUTIOUS.
Using about 4% Mana leech off of my gear, I can hold up relatively fine, but I am using the Melee Physical gem over other choices in my 5-Link to make sure I can attack without potting up.
So far, it's been holding up strong and I haven't found much use for the good ol' BM gem again, but I'd advise people to still carry around a Hallowed Hybrid flask with extended duration.

I would consider using a Carnage Heart but it'd drop my mana leech by 2%, so... I'd have some difficulty finding a real use for it. Essentially would be trading off Life Leech gem for a BM again and swapping Melee Phys for Faster Attacks or Conc. Effect. I'd appreciate opinions, but at this point, the only other benefits would be potentially a bit more life rolled off of my rings, would like to hear other people and their opinions.

Otherwise this build's been holding up pretty well as a base guide! Could use some more dexterity, and I took the route just under the Marauder's 2% regen nodes leading through Swords/Axes, but I've found the DPS to be plentiful. So much for Ele Buzzsaw, it cripples like paper. I can power my way through 20 Corrupting Blood stacks on this burly fella, in comparison, with 13k DPS. :P
Arsenaldo,

Thank you for taking the time to give me the write up :) For everyone else Arsenaldo has been running MS and farming Aritzi. He has been able to provide some much much needed feedback about the last phase of the game. Many of his gear changes should be apparent to any Atziri farmer, such as dropping three dragons and lightning coil (you do not need these vs Atziri). They are still great options till then.

What I have been very pleased with is while spending some time in game, Arsenaldo had informed me that running Doryani's + Doryani's Invitation provides enough leech to sustain the build. I have been hording some currency for my Flame Surge build but may need to drop some of it to pick up Doryani's Invitation myself.

Arsenaldo thank you again for the write up. I look forward to discussing with you about your experience pushing level 100. I know for me I probably wont take mine much higher then mid 80's as I will wait for the new league and push it to 100 then when I have more time to enjoy me accomplishment.

-Kry
@Arsenaldo: I would recommend running Doryani's Catalyst regardless of whether you run AoF or not, it's simply amazing for this build. (unless you get an insane 1h GG rare like 400+ pDPS)
IGN: Dmillz
"
kompaniet wrote:
Not too impressed with this build. Lvl 79 marauder. Only doing 3500 dps. Takes forever to kill stuff.
Defensive wise i am quite sturdy so can't say i have any complaints there.

To start with, it'd be great to level up your Moltenstrike and WED skill gems. I am a lvl 64 Templar and I get 6600+ tootip average damage with just this 2H axe. But as you can see my skills are on their 16th level.

"
Falcyon wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
Not too impressed with this build. Lvl 79 marauder. Only doing 3500 dps. Takes forever to kill stuff.

To start with, it'd be great to level up your Moltenstrike and WED skill gems. I am a lvl 64 Templar and I get 6600+ tootip average damage with just this 2H axe. But as you can see my skills are on their 16th level.

3500 dps or 6000 dps. Both are still low. Was expecting more after paying 5 ex for that freaking doryani weapon. Maybe i should have done more research before attempting this.

Is this the dps you can expect from an endgame setup?

Also what curse are we supposed to use? I just use enfeeble for now.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 31, 2014, 6:22:04 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Falcyon wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

3500 dps or 6000 dps. Both are still low. Was expecting more after paying 5 ex for that freaking doryani weapon. Maybe i should have done more research before attempting this.

Is this the dps you can expect from an endgame setup?

Also what curse are we supposed to use? I just use enfeeble for now.

a: Let me remind you that I am just lvl64 and I only use the >4L< combo on a lvl49 tier weapon.
b: Using the spreadsheets on the first post, u can find out what is your molten strike's final damage. Tooltip only displays the average initial hit. After this first 6000+ hit, you get 3 magma balls that could inflict 15k more dmg. I remind you that I am still talking about my lvl64 status.
c: Your main skill gems' levels are too low right now. You DO know that lvl 16 is far more powerfull than lvl 11
d: I do not use curses with this build. Enfeeble seems decent. If you feel like, try to replace curses with an offensive combo like a multi fire trap with conc effect. You create a hell area for monsters and you finish them off with a few molten multistrike hits. Might be more effective than cursing them :)
Last edited by Falcyon on May 31, 2014, 7:40:06 AM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
I dropped AoF for Faster Attacks + Carnage Heart - much better DPS (duh) and better sustain (from the maps i have done).

Though with the IAS I am noticing reflect maps a bit now. Not sure if this is due to throwing out 2x the fireballs or simply because its not leeching as much. I think I am still hitting my 25% / sec cap and I am just dealing to much damage AoE wise.

But since LL leeches 10% of your combined damage and Carnage just 10% of the physical, then you'd get lower ammounts of healing. Ain't this an issue?
Can someone who is also using doryaini sceptre show what their tooltip dps is?
Interested in 4-links, 5 links and 6 links. Using a 5 link lightning coil myself.

Also now that i think about it. Flammability would be a good curse. But temporal chains might be even better because it increases shock duration from what i understand.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 31, 2014, 11:06:04 AM
A nice starter helmet. From 1 to level 64, it works offering some nice 20% more physical damage. A most welcome boost while leveling. I should have changed it since 50s though for a defensive one. But as rng gods have it, I'm still looking for the right helmet to fit my 60 to 74 needs. Funny thing is I can still play with this gear.

*notice the Blind + Vaal skeletons combo, and how i am leveling a conc/effect gems , just in case... :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info