1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Falcyon wrote:
I have to say that since I respeced my Amlify to Avatar of Fire, the build was ruined. Totaly weaker character. Are we sure that AoF does not have serious drawbacks? Is it possible that Life Leech works worse with Aof? Is it really good to only deal fire damage? And finally, why do I get the feeling that without Amplify, I gained a huge disadvantage against mid-ranged attackers?

"
Kartikdon wrote:
Hey Falcyon,

I don't think AoF is your problem, I have not noticed much of a difference at all with or without it. I have completed through 78 maps as AoF with really no problem. It seems like Amplify is a personal preference of yours, pick it back up. The community does not need to be followed 100% to the T. Amplify will be a plus for clearing speed but you will loose boss kill speed in exchange (assuming you aren't fighting one with the the hit box of a house).

I just respeced AoF back to Amplify and the difference is huge. I just own the docks again. Not sure why this is happening. But I noticed these: With AoF, my Vaal Molten Shell was unusable in docks cause I was getting huge damage reflection. Voibearers and most monsters @ docks were a pain to kill with AoF. But worst of all was the life leech rate which seemd inadequate for survival. Dropping aof for Amplify fixed these issues. And as you said, clearing time was greatly improved but I can even do single rare monsters faster which might be a promising sign for boss fights (I've stated in a previous post that amplify+point blank might work great together).
Could it be that docks give fire resistance to monsters or even fire reflection? Could it be that Aof has a life leech drawback against fire resist monsters since it only does fire damage?
AoF is a good choice but I would recommend a 6L for it. Running Fire Pen. will greatly improve the damage AoF does, thus increasing the LL you get in return. Without it AoF will result in lower overall damage.

For a 5L setup I am finding MS + Multi + BM + WED + FA and running Carnage Heart to be ideal. This still allows us to run grace and hatred as well at full effect.

I am still hesitant on Amplify as it will reduce the damage of projectiles the farther they travel. Anyone else having good results with it?
What's the most important stat to look for when purchasing a doryani sceptre? It has 4 variable stats.
Edit: Double post
Last edited by kompaniet on May 30, 2014, 3:32:50 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
What's the most important stat to look for when purchasing a doryani sceptre? It has 4 variable stats.

That's a good question but I'm not sure if there is a right answer. I would only worry about Phys Dmg, Elemental Dmg and Atk speed probably in that order.

Honestly, I didn't even consider any of the variable stats before getting mine, I was just happy I was able to find someone that would do an even trade for a 5L Marohi. This is what I got. I could always use a couple divines on it to see if i get better, but it does the job.

Last edited by Abelos on May 30, 2014, 4:58:57 PM
I'd posted a while ago the following thoughts on Amplify. As you can see, I took in account all three aoe nodes near templar for a total of 20% more aoe. And still is seemed like an interesting combo with Point Blank.

"
Falcyon wrote:
About those +20% AoE nodes near Templar (or any Aoe bonus).
Lets say our MS does 100 projectile damage.
We know MS projectiles spread within 5 to 20 area points and this 100 damage will be the same throughout 5 to 20.
With 20% more Aoe, those projectiles will spread in an area within 5 to 24 (5 is standard for MS balls).
Point Blank will give +50% = 150 damage in the 5 to 10 area and then will get as low as 120 at area 24 (according to PB mechanics PB only degrades original dmg after 35 distance points).
And the Amplify node even gives a small boost of 8% more area dmg.
This sounds like a damage boost right now.
The drawback would be the less -concentrated- spreading of the projectiles. More spreading might mean less enemies hit near the player and more misses for small groups or for bosses. But then again, one projectile's damage gets more AoE too... so this might even things up and in the and, AoE IS a boost for MS projectile damage.

(when I started following this build I had it wrong about Point Blank, thinking its upgrade/degrade effect was relative to skill's distance. But since the node has fixed area effects, small Aoe damaging skills like Molten Strike (5-20points), seems to only gain while a Fireball would have its boost in the 1-34 area but then at 34 to 120 it would only loose power)
"
Abelos wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

That's a good question but I'm not sure if there is a right answer. I would only worry about Phys Dmg, Elemental Dmg and Atk speed probably in that order.

Honestly, I didn't even consider any of the variable stats before getting mine, I was just happy I was able to find someone that would do an even trade for a 5L Marohi. This is what I got. I could always use a couple divines on it to see if i get better, but it does the job.

maybe high attack speed will cover up a low physical roll? Good to have those Catalyst stats as high as they get :D
"
Abelos wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:
I dropped AoF for Faster Attacks + Carnage Heart - much better DPS (duh) and better sustain (from the maps i have done).

Though with the IAS I am noticing reflect maps a bit now. Not sure if this is due to throwing out 2x the fireballs or simply because its not leeching as much. I think I am still hitting my 25% / sec cap and I am just dealing to much damage AoE wise.

Yeah, your earlier post about carnage got me thinking about dropping AoF and getting a little mana leech to see if I could drop LL and BM and replace with Faster Attacks and Concentrated effect.

Just got the Carnage, dropped AoF and replaced LL with Faster Attacks (.18 per attack now, lol) I was worried about the hp drop but I only lost 300 hp and tooltip dps went up about 2k. No real issue with sustainability.

I tested with 2% mana leech on a ring and 0 mana regen and the mana pool could not keep up. I'll keep playing around with the mana leech and try to find a happy medium.

Like Kartikdon says, if you can spare the 10 chaos for the Carnage, do it.
Last edited by Abelos on May 30, 2014, 6:58:28 PM
Not too impressed with this build. Lvl 79 marauder. Only doing 3500 dps. Takes forever to kill stuff.
Defensive wise i am quite sturdy so can't say i have any complaints there.

Here is my gear. Maybe someone can tell me what i need to do in order to deal respectable dps. If it's even possible and what that number might be.

Items
Spoiler

Passive skills. All according to guide.

I am used to my facebreaker. Where i just equip a bor and the facebreakers and immediately deal 20k dps. 3k feels so freaking slow.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 30, 2014, 8:29:50 PM
I am on my phone right now but your dps s pretty low for running a doyanis. Ill be able to take a look at everything tomorrow unless someone can help out I stead. Also tooltip is not true dps. Please use fearmongers spreadsheet for your actual dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info