1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

New MS build is out of its design phase and being leveled now - hint: it is a 2h build and quite a lot different then what is posted here.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Aug 31, 2014, 1:09:30 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
New MS build is out of its design phase and being leveled now - hint: it is a 2h build and quite a lot different then what is posted here.

Looking forward to it.
IGN: Iworkeout

Rephrasing the question:

Do you guys think it is better to invest my points into damage nodes or picking up enough mana reserve reduction to run anger and hatred together?
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 1, 2014, 12:14:08 AM
"
Kartikdon wrote:

Rephrasing the question:

Do you guys think it is better to invest my points into damage nodes or picking up enough mana reserve reduction to run anger and hatred together?

One-handed phys dmg% nodes and mace phys dmg% nodes provide a boost to Hatred, as for anger.. all auras recently received a nerf. you can try adding a lvl 18 Anger for example to Fearmonger's calculator and lower the dmg% nodes. I'm actually tempted to try that myself as well :)
Hello

I have a question regarding this build.

Firstly let me confess that I havent read all the 90+ pages but I went through many already, not spotting the answer.

I am lvl 77, and running AoF. So far I havent got many problems and I really enjoy it.
However as for late game I am not sure what stats I should prefer.

The question is...
What should I rather get on items as affixes?
1) increased FIRE damage
2) increased WEAPON ELEMENTAL damage
3) Increased Physical damage

Any explanations or links to articles regarding these calculations are appreciated.
Thanks! :-)
"
Siliarus wrote:
Hello

I have a question regarding this build.

Firstly let me confess that I havent read all the 90+ pages but I went through many already, not spotting the answer.

I am lvl 77, and running AoF. So far I havent got many problems and I really enjoy it.
However as for late game I am not sure what stats I should prefer.

The question is...
What should I rather get on items as affixes?
1) increased FIRE damage
2) increased WEAPON ELEMENTAL damage
3) Increased Physical damage

Any explanations or links to articles regarding these calculations are appreciated.
Thanks! :-)

I'll paste my older post as a reference since it applies to item affixes as well :)

I feel many people know this already, but it's still confusing for most of us.

Like the Melee Phys% gem, The 15% melee phys damage in the marauder start boosts the initial hit and ONLY the initial hit. the best nodes for Molten Strike/Lightning Strike are the ones that boost Physical Damage%, One handed physical damage%, mace physical damage% with no mention of the word 'melee'

These physical damage nodes (not melee exclusive) work very nicely with hatred and scale with our projectiles. they're far better than Fire Damage% nodes and Elemental Damage% nodes as well. However, If you pick AoF. Then, Physical Damage% nodes = Fire Damage% Nodes = Elemental Damage% nodes. It goes like this:

Physical Damage% = One-handed Physical Damage% = Mace Physical Damage%

No Hatred:
Elemental Damage% = Fire Damage%

Hatred and no AoF:
Physical Damage% > Elemental Damage% > Fire Damage%

AoF (with or without hatred):
Physical Damage% = Elemental Damage% = Fire Damage%

Unfortunately, Melee physical Damage% does not scale with the projectiles and only affects the initial hit.
"
Tyraziell wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

Rephrasing the question:

One-handed phys dmg% nodes and mace phys dmg% nodes provide a boost to Hatred, as for anger.. all auras recently received a nerf. you can try adding a lvl 18 Anger for example to Fearmonger's calculator and lower the dmg% nodes. I'm actually tempted to try that myself as well :)

The calculator will not help entirely with this new build. I am running a few different things that make some of the calculations invalid. Invalid in the sense that the numbers are a lot lower then they should be in a few areas. This just makes balancing a bit more tricky. Luckily the build is not in the progression phase where these nodes will be allocated so I have some time to iron it out.

Using the calculations and seeing the gain provided from Anger I think it may be best not to run it with this new build. This was just from a quick workaround, ill come back later and put some actual time into it. I have a few more paths I wish to test.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 1, 2014, 12:45:43 PM
So I have found the way I can run everything I plan and optimize damage at the same time. The way I want to run everything is pretty overkill damage wise (I don't think anyone will complain there) and would require an investment to do such. BUT its totally not needed are clear speed will still be stupid fast even without 1 aura (which honestly is only a minor buff compared to the other auras).

Time to finish leveling
"
Tyraziell wrote:

I'll paste my older post as a reference since it applies to item affixes as well :)

I feel many people know this already, but it's still confusing for most of us.

Like the Melee Phys% gem, The 15% melee phys damage in the marauder start boosts the initial hit and ONLY the initial hit. the best nodes for Molten Strike/Lightning Strike are the ones that boost Physical Damage%, One handed physical damage%, mace physical damage% with no mention of the word 'melee'

These physical damage nodes (not melee exclusive) work very nicely with hatred and scale with our projectiles. they're far better than Fire Damage% nodes and Elemental Damage% nodes as well. However, If you pick AoF. Then, Physical Damage% nodes = Fire Damage% Nodes = Elemental Damage% nodes. It goes like this:

Physical Damage% = One-handed Physical Damage% = Mace Physical Damage%

No Hatred:
Elemental Damage% = Fire Damage%

Hatred and no AoF:
Physical Damage% > Elemental Damage% > Fire Damage%

AoF (with or without hatred):
Physical Damage% = Elemental Damage% = Fire Damage%

Unfortunately, Melee physical Damage% does not scale with the projectiles and only affects the initial hit.

+1
Thanks for a lovely explanation! :-)
Regards, Siliarus
"
Kartikdon wrote:
So I have found the way I can run everything I plan and optimize damage at the same time. The way I want to run everything is pretty overkill damage wise (I don't think anyone will complain there) and would require an investment to do such. BUT its totally not needed are clear speed will still be stupid fast even without 1 aura (which honestly is only a minor buff compared to the other auras).

Time to finish leveling

Just one question - are you going for amplify?
IGN: Iworkeout

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info