1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Did you take Blood Magic keystone or was it a typo? Why didn't you take Moral Conviction?
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Sep 2, 2014, 4:44:49 PM
"
cutt wrote:
Did you take Blood Magic keystone or was it a typo? Why didn't you take Moral Conviction?

Like I mentioned I did this from my phone so there may be errors. We don't want the blood magic passive and we should not have moral conviction. I'll fix the nodes when I get home.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 4, 2014, 4:22:37 PM
Also if you want more MS damage and less burn damage, drop the fire and just grab weapon nodes like the wrecking ball cluster
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 2, 2014, 5:49:21 PM
Hello I've been following this guide and just got to a1 Cruel!
Things are going pretty smoothly. I found some legendaries that helped me keep almost max resists for Normal difficulty and my damage skyrocketed when I used Geofri's Baptism! I found another 2h mace with almost 100+ more dps so now my MS is doing about 1500 with Harold of Ash on.

I just have a few questions about where to go on the passive tree and such.

This is what my passive tree looks like as of right now.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAFCAYkRkuGjgirycvJ-04Uz38UEdVtVcNWGNZ818_Zp5sFnKpdud7jHzZhxmMz5BVns2gtKSspzCnhKyqr428n8AawQTG2NIh2WHjn-RR7w7zBvZI-6r8Sw==

My gear
Spoiler

I was just a little confused on which way I should be headed. I already picked up Resolute Technique and Avatar of Fire just recently. I've skipped the weapon nodes because I don't know what I will be playing with primarely but it looks like I'll be trying to get that lvl 75 Geofri's mace and go 1h+shield later on but I just wanna know what you think I should do while leveling with 2handers though. :)
Last edited by Ishabooo on Sep 2, 2014, 6:50:12 PM
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I took AoF at level 44 (got a 5 link molten with multistrike, WED, blood magic and life gain on hit atm), and with Hatred + HoA up, when I took the talent my tooltip DPS stayed basically the same (went down by like 10)... does it increase damage in some way that doesn't show up on the tooltip?
AoF doesn't necessarily boost your DPS. It would if you had WED nodes. What AoF allows the main build to do is be 100% and take full advantage of the leech from Doryani's Catalyst and Doryani's invitation so we can drop LL for another DPS gem.
HI! Thanks for the addition of a 2hander! Anyways, I was wondering if we should take iron grip, because it's not on the original link for the two hander templar. Also, can you explain how not taking AOF would affect the build, or if I substituted say, the burning and fire nodes near the templar, for physical damage nodes?

Thanks.
Karitkdon I like your new build and i think the proliferate on Herald of ash is very powerful but im wondering about your 4 auras (Quality on reduced mana only affects skills not reserved mana.)
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 3, 2014, 6:14:18 AM
how do I counter spell dmg (high end spell dmg). Even with capped resistance I get hit like a truck. I tried spell block, but there are no good items or passives for melee builds. Rainbowstriders is ok, but 25% spell block is not really that much.

anyone can help?
OP could you please explain why didn't you take Amplify in your updated 1-H+shield build?
IGN: Iworkeout

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info