1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
cutt wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:
So I have found the way I can run everything I plan and optimize damage at the same time. The way I want to run everything is pretty overkill damage wise (I don't think anyone will complain there) and would require an investment to do such. BUT its totally not needed are clear speed will still be stupid fast even without 1 aura (which honestly is only a minor buff compared to the other auras).

Time to finish leveling

Just one question - are you going for amplify?

with this build, yes
I was making a fire trapper Templar but was using molten strike to lvl up. I'm pwning so much that I;m tempted to switch to this build. There's a lot of fire damage nodes up north of the templar area that the marauder build doesnt get to. Here's a rough build that I put together.

Templar build

The main differences are less life and no flask nodes, but much more damage and eldritch battery instead of blood magic. Defense is less too. Damage nodes could easily be switched out for def/life nodes though.

Templar vs Marauder

Life
Maximum Life +% 76 188
Life Regeneration Rate Per Minute % 90 150

Elemental Damage
Fire Damage +% 119 0
Weapon Fire Damage +% 50 50
Elemental Damage +% 50 0
Weapon Elemental Damage +% 0 32
Mace Elemental Damage +% 45 0

Physical Damage
Physical Mace Damage +% 152 88
One Handed Melee Physical Damage +% 68 28
Melee Physical +% 0 55

Attack Speed

Mace Attack Speed +% 15 3

Offense
Ignite Duration +% 40 0
Burn Damage +% 75 0
Base Skill Area Of Effect +% 24 0
Area Damage +% 8 0

IGN Snarky/LightBrigade/Firebreather
Last edited by Drunknmunkys on Sep 1, 2014, 5:00:12 PM
you are actually losing a lot of damage since you are not taking Point Blank. Its a minimum 45% damage buff to the projectiles.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
you are actually losing a lot of damage since you are not taking Point Blank. Its a minimum 45% damage buff to the projectiles.

True but the other damage buffs are 484% vs. 198% not including the 75% extra burn damage.
IGN Snarky/LightBrigade/Firebreather
With new MS 2 handed build are u going for endurance charges?Give us a hint...
:)
I've been working on a 2h MS build using Edge of Madness and Infernal Mantle with either EB/MoM, I'd be really interested to see what your 2H build is shaping up like to compare. Currently, I'm trying to balance life and mana regen without compromising damage, and tinkering with starting as a duelist.
"
Drunknmunkys wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

True but the other damage buffs are 484% vs. 198% not including the 75% extra burn damage.

and 76% max life? I really do not understand the point of you your build. It seems like you just slapped together a build and went "look how much dps I have".

just a few of the main issues:
-You take no mana reserve nodes so obviously you are not stacking auras for defense
-You take EB but have horrible mana regen meaning you will be very gear specific so upgrades will be harder to come by.
-again, 76% life?
-1h weapons but no extra block, so tempest + blind is out also again due to mana reserve
-low life, low defense, how do you plan to map or even clear cruel/merc without 1000 deaths?

I cannot recommend this build to anyone until its many issues are resolved.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 2, 2014, 3:14:06 PM
Ill post the build tomorrow. (its a templar start and we actually omit a large amount of Marauder).

It opens up to run 4 auras eventually, would require Alphas Howl for the 4th 60% aura but it would be Anger and its not a huge boost overall. The auras can also be manipulated to help vs reflect, high phys maps, or high element maps.

-one of the auras is a 4Linked Herold of Ash.
HoA + Inc. Burn Damage + Prolif + Red. mana
With a solid overkill the burn damage is similar to a burning discharge build.

It runs pyre to convert hatred to fire damage (+15% damage gained with AoF). We take AoF very early and stack fire damage to boost the damage of MS, auras, and double dip onto the burn damage.
Fire nodes in witch give us an extra 2% fire pen as well. Now before you say anything the Pyre is working great from my testing. When mobs are set ablaze then tend to run around like idiots igniting others and taking pressure off your char.

grabbing WED nodes to double dip MS as well.

grabs IR + grace for defenses

Unwavering stance since we have no shield we don't want to be stunned.

Contains about 170% HP as well and a lot of freedom to move nodes around to pick up phys damage nodes.

Simple weapon progression: Geoffri's Baptism to 58 then use Kaom's Primacy

Auras and such can be manipulated to run 1h+shield.

The build is definitely map viable but probably won't down atziri. I will not be testing this build for atziri kills.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 2, 2014, 3:13:37 PM
Really looking forward to more details on the 2H build! Played MS last league and enjoyed it a lot.
Think i added the right build, did it from my phone. 2 handed Burn Prolif Molten Striker using 4 Linked Herold of Ash.

update: added the build to the Templar thread for easy access for some people.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 2, 2014, 3:22:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info