1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

This is a small test i did so people could have some numbers to make decisions around.
A few points I used alphas howl which adds +2 levels to auras it doesn't to self buff skills eg the heralds and ts.
Aof is great for damage with our build however what you miss is the potential for elemental effects, eg you wont freeze with hatred and shock with ts. Also any extra damage from a non fire value will only add 1/2. Finally you miss the potential for some phys life leech on gear (no phys dmg).

Basic stats, 305 dps doryanis, 91 ele dmg. Alphas howl + 2 to auras
Gem levels anger 20, Hatred 18 (both +2 from AH) hoa 17, hoi 13
Without Aof
6154 ttdps, with anger 8893 with hoa 10139 add hoi 10684
6154 ttdps, with hatred 9041.8 with hoa 10524 add hoi 10799.2

With Aof
8054 ttdps
anger 10784, with hoa 12052, add hoi, 12395.6
hatred 9646, hoa 10888, add hoi 11229

finally anger hatred and hoa 13663.4
anger hatred and hoi 12722

Also Hoa and blind are supported together with ele proliferation from the doryanis, I can see some of the trash mobs turning around blindly.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 29, 2014, 4:39:58 PM
How is this build holding up with resistances? It doesn't seem like the passives are touching upon resists much? Will the resistance mostly come from gear?
I have been optimizing some items and skills lately,and for now I am doing maps lvl 66 not so much problems with it,only with Masters mission had a problem or 2.
I bought today some 5 link chest,nothing special but i boosted my dps to 5,2 k with bloodrage using hatred as + to dps.Also my lightening is 75% but fire(48%) and cold(23%) are not so good.When i link those boots i will probably go for another cwdt with some aura.
Heres my equipment for now:
Spoiler

And my passive tree(still have 6 spares of passive):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0UTRR1Fm8Y2xo4GlUbyCKvJKonLyftLv8yfjKJNug26ThTOlJDMUp9TipQUFW1Vw1X4lhjWfNbr14TXz9gS2EhZKNmnmegbBZyqXTtdud35XrvfNmDOITvhxmHdpAKkFWRzp7NogCiD6TCpzCnhKyqtkG77cAawQTG2NIh3Q3jauOf7DjvDu988B_3MvrS_Ev8xQ==

Can u guys comment a bit about my passive tree?
Still havent decided will i go for the shield or to stay with 2 handed...
And most importantly should i take avatar of fire,will it boost my dps more?

Last edited by Restekpa on Aug 29, 2014, 5:45:46 PM
"
tanis0 wrote:

@Kartikdon:

If you can spare three nodes here, Aspect of the Panther is pretty strong for 14% attack speed, 16% physical damage + a little life and bonus movement speed. You could drop the 15% melee physical bonus at the Marauder start (doesn't apply to projectiles anyway), the 5% health node past Herbalism and either the health flask node by Marauder (since it's only 15% and you already have +80% without it) or a 6% health node by Athleticism. I'm not sure whether or not that's better, but it's worth considering, though I'd drop the melee physical either way myself.

Thanks for the input Tanis. It has been a node I have been debating for a bit now. The 15% melee phys damage in the marauder start boosts the initial hit and thus scaling the projectiles but its not as much as a double dip phaty WED node. I like the idea and will probably make the changes later this afternoon.

@Timbo

some more good points. I honestly have not spent a lot of time looking at the duelist area at all. Ill check it out this afternoon.

@Tetrastriker

Resistances should never be taken directly in your build, 99% of the time. It is very easy to gear your character for capped resists. My marauder has capped resists even with the reduction from lightning coil and its all from gear. And this is before Masters. It is even easier now to cap your resists with Haku, a master that everyone should have in your hideout while leveling. As stated in the guide it is very easy to purchase cheap dual resists + HP or triple resists gear from poe.xyz.is for about 1c. Bring it to your master and you can add a third resist or HP for cheap. instant epic gear.

Restekpa I wouldnt run aof just yet it wont scale that well with hatred, if you have an anger gem at similar levels will probably be a boost, other wise get an anger gem and start levelling it in your alt weapon slots. Ive wondered about going 2 handed, (I seem to be starting a lot of toons right now) Dont think I would take aof but run hatred and try and scale the 2h physical damage as high as possible, life leech would be my defence. Problem is a double dps weapon to doryanis is 80exalt plus.
Haven't played since nemesis. Is aegis aurora nerfed now? Seems like a no brainer for this build if its still the same. If anyone could let me know that would be great. Would like to build towards one if its still the same.

Also how much will this new vaal scepter be? Looks like 7ex~ on Rampage but on beyond none are found yet (or none being sold at least). Is it a 30ex type item or is it less than 10? If its more than 10 what are good alternatives?
Last edited by prs on Aug 29, 2014, 8:57:08 PM
Aegis is recommended for the build along with rainbow striders, its a 2% of armour es replenish, legacy is 4%.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 29, 2014, 11:20:27 PM
Aegis would be good but being as expensive as it is I did not include it. If you have that much currency to spend odds are you know how to make a build.
is this build good for beginners?
I feel many people know this already, but it's still confusing for most of us.

Like the Melee Phys% gem, The 15% melee phys damage in the marauder start boosts the initial hit and ONLY the initial hit. the best nodes for Molten Strike/Lightning Strike are the ones that boost Physical Damage%, One handed physical damage%, mace physical damage% with no mention of the word 'melee'

These physical damage nodes (not melee exclusive) work very nicely with hatred and scale with our projectiles. they're far better than Fire Damage% nodes and Elemental Damage% nodes as well. However, If you pick AoF. Then, Physical Damage% nodes = Fire Damage% Nodes = Elemental Damage% nodes. It goes like this:

Physical Damage% = One-handed Physical Damage% = Mace Physical Damage%

No Hatred:
Elemental Damage% = Fire Damage%

Hatred and no AoF:
Physical Damage% > Elemental Damage% > Fire Damage%

AoF (with or without hatred):
Physical Damage% = Elemental Damage% = Fire Damage%

Unfortunately, Melee physical Damage% does not scale with the projectiles and only affects the initial hit.
Last edited by Tyraziell on Aug 30, 2014, 5:23:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info